Windows 10: Wireless Connection Drops

Discus and support Wireless Connection Drops in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I got MSI GP62-2QE laptop and have been using Windows 10 since I bought it without having a problem. But few days ago when I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by timelord, Jul 24, 2016.

1. timelord Win User

Wireless Connection Drops

Hello everyone. I got MSI GP62-2QE laptop and have been using Windows 10 since I bought it without having a problem. But few days ago when I was playing an offline game my wi-fi connection dropped. I tried to connect back, and I actually succeed but it's keep dropping since then. When I lose the connection, it says that "not connected - no connection available", but actually there're tens of wireless networks and I can connect with my phone. I tried to connect to another wi-fi and it seems to does without getting any error or dropping, but it's the same network but just the different modem. And everyone can connect to this modem, and I was too untill few days ago. Then I always have to use Network troubleshooter but then I cannot find any wireless connection even my Wi-Fi is turned on. Sometimes I can but except my wi-fi, which is pretty odd. Even I can connect, it's super duper slow and unstable, even it's actually not. I've been downloading at 3mb/s but now not even 100kb/s and wi-fi signal is too low which it suppose to not. I configured Power and Sleep settings. Also "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is unchecked. I've scanned my computer. I tried "sfc /scannow" and "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth". I reset the modem. I'm able to get in the modem administration panel, I tried few things but it's the same. My drivers are up to date. I tried rollback and restoring the system. But just nothing. I couldn't make it work properly. I'd really appreciate any kind of help. What can cause this and how can I fix this? Thank you already!

Edit: A friend of mine have this product named "Tp-Link TL-W822N" and when I plugged that in, it worked like a charm. Also sorry for my grammar mistakes if I have any.

Edit 2: I don't have any programs that related to network, such as VPN, Anti-Virus etc. Also my DNS settings are automatic and I tried these commands too "netsh int ip reset a.txt, netsh winsock reset, netsh winhttp reset proxy, netsh advfirewall reset and ipconfig /flushdns" but no success.

Edit 3: I tried to scan hard drives for errors, nothing.

:)

timelord, Jul 24, 2016

2. WP7 drops home wireless connection

Are you using "mixed-mode" G/N or G-Only? I noticed the Samsung has problems with mixed-mode G/N. Also it's better to only use WPA2 instead of WPA/WPA2 if you have that option.

Soylent Red, Jul 24, 2016
  3. jonsan21b Win User
    WP7 drops home wireless connection

I connected my HTC Mozart WP7 to my home network (router Netgear CVG824G, security WPA-PSK).

I can use the WP7 built-in app such as IE, Outlook without problem.

But whenever I ran ANY downloaded apps such as Facebook, IMDB, my router drops ALL wireless connections, to my WP7 and to my PCs.

Anyone experienced the same?

I connected my WP7 to the wireless in the office (WPA2-ENT), and it seems has no problem.

jonsan21b, Jul 24, 2016
Thema:

Wireless Connection Drops

1. Wireless Connection Drops - Similar Threads - Wireless Connection Drops

2. Connectivity Drops

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connectivity Drops: Hi Guys, I am sure this is a frequent question but I am experiencing an odd issue with my connectivity. Not so frequently, but enough to be a nuisance, every few hours or so my internet connectivity will drop. I am able to immediately reconnect through my Wi-Fi settings,...
  3. Laptop drops connection to wireless network randomly.

Laptop drops connection to wireless network randomly.: My daughter has a laptop that keeps losing it's connection to the local wireless network - any local wireless network. It will connect to any network, using security passwords, but then just drop off, after random amounts of time, ending in the message "The specified network...
  4. Wireless Connection Constantly Dropping Out

Wireless Connection Constantly Dropping Out: When trying to use my University Wi-Fi, my wireless connection keeps changing to "No Internet Access." I keep having to go through the struggle everytime this happens, where I have to end up resetting my wireless adapter. I'm not sure what is causing this; I have filed a...
  5. Connection dropping

Connection dropping: Hello, my issue is quite simple: my PC simply loses connection for a couple of seconds, the Ethernet icon on the bottom right gets a red "x", then a yellow "!" sign and then it goes back to normal, this whole process takes about 10 seconds. I know it's now the modem/router...
  6. wireless connection keeps dropping out for various reasons.

wireless connection keeps dropping out for various reasons.: I have been experienceing this issues for a few days and i cant seem to create a solid fix. I am using a NETGEAR A6210 WiFi USB3.0 adapter and my internet connection is doing some pretty odd things and i cant work out if its my pc, my router or my adapter. I can search and...
  7. wireless connection keeps dropping out for various reasons.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wireless connection keeps dropping out for various reasons.: I have been experienceing this issues for a few days and i cant seem to create a solid fix. I am using a NETGEAR A6210 WiFi USB3.0 adapter and my internet connection is doing some pretty odd things and i cant work out if its my pc, my router or my adapter. I can search and...
  8. Intel AC7260 Wireless Adapter Dropping Connection

Intel AC7260 Wireless Adapter Dropping Connection: I have a Dell XPS 9Q33 with the Intel AC7260 wireless adapter. I experienced a never-ending litany of connection problems with this adapter, and tried every solution I could find on the web. And I do mean every possible solution. Many of those suggestions required changing...
  9. Wireless connection randomly drops

Wireless connection randomly drops: So i currently have a MSI GT80 running killer wireless 1525 network adapter and am constantly seeing network drops to the point where i get an exclamation mark over my wireless icon and no activity. Connection shows connected but no speed, only until i manually disconnect...
  10. Dropping connection to router (both wireless and cable)

Dropping connection to router (both wireless and cable): Hi, when trying to transfer files via network (both wireless and wired) from home NAS (connected directly to router) to laptop, connection drops every couple of minutes. My configuration is: laptop: HP Envy 13-d006nc system: Windows 10 Home 64bit ethernet adapter: i-tec...