Windows 10: Wireless connection error message.. Windows cannot detect proxy settings

Discus and support Wireless connection error message.. Windows cannot detect proxy settings in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I cannot connect to a network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lizzaroo7, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Lizzaroo7 Win User

Wireless connection error message.. Windows cannot detect proxy settings

I cannot connect to a network

:)

Lizzaroo7, Jul 15, 2020
  2. Alvin Cop Win User

Windows could not automatically detect this networks proxy settings

Hi,

There are various reasons why you're getting such error message. Slow internet connections or network issues are possible causes of it. Kindly provide us the following details so we can isolate your concern:

• How did you get this error message?
    • Are you connected to the internet using wireless or wired connection?
    • Have you tried other devices to check if the same issue occurred?

Since you have followed all the steps in the article provided above, let's check if your computer's Network proxy settings are configured correctly by following these steps:

• Type Proxy in the search box on the taskbar, and then click on
      Network proxy settings.
    • Under Automatic Proxy setup, set Automatically detect settings bar to ON.
    • Under Manual Proxy settings, set Use a proxy server bar to OFF.
    • Click on Save.

Let us know if it works.

Alvin Cop, Jul 15, 2020
  3. stevie Win User
    Windows could not automatically detect this network’s proxy settings

@Compumind @Samuria

Hi - Just so you know, I'm marking this "problem solved". I found this online How to Solve the Windows Could Not Automatically Detect Network Proxy Settings Error. Doing the last step under #2 is what solved the problem. McAvee is still scanning incoming. McAvee & Malwarebytes still show no problems with a full scan. Thanks for your help and suggestions.

stevie, Jul 15, 2020
  4. DQUA Win User

Windows could not automatically detect this networks proxy settings

Alvin - have just seen this reply (2100 GMT London), and want to thank you for your prompt and helpful response to my initial post. Although the problem is solved (see my other post) I am nevertheless going to to go through your procedure to see if indeed
    my proxy settings are now set as they should be. I will post the result. David

Thema:

1. Wireless connection error message.. Windows cannot detect proxy settings - Similar Threads - Wireless connection error

2. Auto-detect proxy settings: on or off?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Auto-detect proxy settings: on or off?: Windows 10 Home 20H2 (19042.804) I don't run a manual proxy / VPN of any kind, and don't use this machine to log into any networks -- just regular everyday wired ethernet surfing, streaming, email, etc. I do have third-party firewall and AV installed (Comodo, Avast) and want...
  3. Now Desperate for Solution. Windows cannot detect Proxy server settings.

Now Desperate for Solution. Windows cannot detect Proxy server settings.: Hi, I have posted previously reference to this problem but help has dried up. I have wired connection to router with this computer. I am sure it is not the router as my Laptop and my wife's Tablet connect (by wireless) faultlessly. My problem, Windows Update, Edge and...
  4. Windows 10 cannot detect any wireless connections

Windows 10 cannot detect any wireless connections: Hello, I have been using my PC installed with Windows 10 without much problem until recently, when it starts to have a lot of connection issues with my home wifi. It would occasionally disconnect and takes a while before it connects again, while my other devices don't have...
  5. Update Problem -> Certificate Issue - Cannot Detect Proxy Settings

Update Problem -> Certificate Issue - Cannot Detect Proxy Settings: DELL Precision 7520 laptop running Windows 10 Pro (version 1803, build 17134.556) 64-bit. CPU is intel Core i7; GPU is Intel HD Graphics 630 & NVIDIA Quadro M1200. Both WiFi & Ethernet. Latest updates installed are: KB4023057 (failed several times); KB4462157. Problem is...
  6. Windows couldnt automatically detect proxy settings

Windows couldnt automatically detect proxy settings: When trying to connect to router it does connect but internet doesnt work. Running troubleshoot says that windows couldnt automatically detect proxy settings. Ive tried resettting winsock and ipv4 in command prompt and problem still persist. Ive also checked my drivers and...
  7. windows cannot detect this servers proxy settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows cannot detect this servers proxy settings: ive tried everything and nothing seems to work,is there a program that causes this error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-cannot-detect-this-servers-proxy-settings/cca94017-707b-4302-8b58-69d1add43acf
  8. Windows cannot detect Proxy Settings

Windows cannot detect Proxy Settings: I have had this problem and it been ongoing and truly problematic. I attended programming college and this problem will turn your download speed from 300kb/sec to 30kb/sec and you will wonder what is going on. I have troubleshooted this for months and this seems to be the...
  9. No/Intermittent connection: missing proxies or unable to detect proxy

No/Intermittent connection: missing proxies or unable to detect proxy: Hello, posting 2 threads in 1 day feels great... Recently my internet on my desktop has been extremely, and I mean EXTREMELY slow, and lately has been cutting out altogether, even thought it says it is connected all the time. Diagnostics reveal "one or more Network...
  10. Wireless connection problem: "cannot connect to this network" message

Wireless connection problem: "cannot connect to this network" message: Hello, My desktop PC cannot connect wirelessly to my router. I get the message "Cannot connect to this network". The adapter driver is up-to-date and is shown as working properly. Other devices connect wirelessly with no problems (including the laptop I am using right now...