Windows 10: Wireless connection issue

Discus and support Wireless connection issue in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a laptop running a Ryzen7 4800h and an RTX 2060. When updated my Nvidia drivers my wireless connection stopped working. I checked to make sure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Its.MoonBow, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Wireless connection issue

I have a laptop running a Ryzen7 4800h and an RTX 2060. When updated my Nvidia drivers my wireless connection stopped working. I checked to make sure the adapter was enabled, and its refusing to connect to the displayed connections. After turning the wifi on and off, it stops displaying connections, only to leave me having to reset my adapters. Ive been stuck for a day so hopefully someone may be able to help me. Thank you

Edit: i have reset my adapters and still no progress

:)

Its.MoonBow, Nov 20, 2020
  2. Roohi_Taj Win User

Issue with connecting Dual monitor with Wireless Display Adapter

Hi Penny Wells,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I can understand the situation must be difficult for you when things do not work as they should. However, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?
    2. What is the model of the TV?

This issue can occur if there is pending firmware update or the issue with the drivers. I would suggest you to follow the below steps and let us know about the results:

Method 1: Fix connections to wireless displays or docks.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the Microsoft article on
    Fix connections to wireless displays or docks.

Method 2: Troubleshooting Wireless Display Adapters.

If method 1 doesn’t fix the issue, I would suggest you to follow all the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the Microsoft article on
    Troubleshooting Wireless
    Display Adapters
    refer the steps ‘Having trouble connecting your device to the adapter?’

Note: The above article contains steps regarding Firmware update.
    Modifying BIOS settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS
    settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Nov 20, 2020
  3. Hannelore Win User
    Project connect to wireless device issue

Hi Kari,

Thanks for the reply.

My tv is definitely connected to my wifi; I've tried restarting the tv, and disconnecting/reconnecting to my wifi, but the tv still isn't showing up in the list of devices when trying to use 'project'.

I actually had issues with this before, but after a significant update about a week ago, I noticed that it was showing up in the devices list. I'm unsure what could have changed tonight.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? Wireless connection issue :) Is there maybe some way to 'clear' (for lack of a better word) any saved devices on my laptop so I can start fresh with project?

Hannelore, Nov 20, 2020
  4. Wireless connection issue

Wireless Connectivity issue

Hi Vignesh,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I am sorry to know that you are unable to connect to Wireless Network.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Network Troubleshooter. Either search for it in the Search or run it by following the link below.
    Fix Wi-Fi connection issues in Windows

• Try a different network adapter/connection type if possible.
    • Check for Windows Updates.
    • Open a CMD window as Administrator:
      • dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
      • sfc /scannow
      • netsh winsock reset
    Also try to restart the DNS service.

• Press Windows Logo Key+X. Click on Run.
    • Type services.msc. Click on Ok.
    • Then find DNS client. Right-click on it to Stop it and Restart it.
    If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

Wireless connection issue

1. Wireless connection issue - Similar Threads - Wireless connection issue

2. Wireless display connection issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless display connection issue: Hi to all! Could you please help me, I have an issue with the connection to wireless display. I have been using Tablet Galaxy S8 Ultra as an additional monitor, and everything work correctly, one day this function become not working. There were no updates or drivers...
  3. Wireless display connection issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless display connection issue: Hi to all! Could you please help me, I have an issue with the connection to wireless display. I have been using Tablet Galaxy S8 Ultra as an additional monitor, and everything work correctly, one day this function become not working. There were no updates or drivers...
  4. Wireless Display connecting issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Display connecting issue: I have 3 Windows 11 pro systemsDesktop - Microsoft StudioLaptop - Microsoft Studio LaptopSurface Laptop - Microsoft Surface Pro 7Wireless display is installed on all 3 with same settings.Desktop WILL cast to Laptop and SurfaceLaptop will NOT cast to Surface or DesktopSurface...
  5. Wireless Display connecting issue

Wireless Display connecting issue: I have 3 Windows 11 pro systemsDesktop - Microsoft StudioLaptop - Microsoft Studio LaptopSurface Laptop - Microsoft Surface Pro 7Wireless display is installed on all 3 with same settings.Desktop WILL cast to Laptop and SurfaceLaptop will NOT cast to Surface or DesktopSurface...
  6. Wireless Display connecting issue

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Issues with wireless connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with wireless connection: Hi I have windows 11 on my lenovo yoga c740 laptop. I am having issues connecting my hisense 50 inch tv and also my canon wireless printer to connect to it. The first time my 2 devices get connected but after that they show in the list of devices but do not connect...
  8. Issues with wireless connection

Issues with wireless connection: Hi I have windows 11 on my lenovo yoga c740 laptop. I am having issues connecting my hisense 50 inch tv and also my canon wireless printer to connect to it. The first time my 2 devices get connected but after that they show in the list of devices but do not connect...
  9. Wireless connectivity issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless connectivity issue: Hello all, I am facing a vexing problem that I simply cannot solve so I decided to post it here. I am using a HP Win 10 laptop connected wireless in my office network. I can connect to the internet but neither can I connect to any other computer in the LAN nor can the...
  10. Wireless Connection Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless Connection Issue: Hello, Here's the layout. I have a desktop in the living room, a desktop in the bedroom, and an iPhone. I have a wireless connection throughout my home. A few weeks ago, some workers came over to install hardwood floors in my living room. They unplugged the phone cable,...