Windows 10: Wireless connection randomly drops

Discus and support Wireless connection randomly drops in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So i currently have a MSI GT80 running killer wireless 1525 network adapter and am constantly seeing network drops to the point where i get an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Titan, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Titan Win User

Wireless connection randomly drops

So i currently have a MSI GT80 running killer wireless 1525 network adapter and am constantly seeing network drops to the point where i get an exclamation mark over my wireless icon and no activity. Connection shows connected but no speed, only until i manually disconnect and reconnect. This has been happening since earlier this week after having the laptop off for a couple days and i'm sure some updates came in from Microsoft.

Steps I've taken already to resolve this:

1. Uninstalled killer wireless software suite and installed stand alone killer driver
    2. Refreshed the PC with clean windows 10 install
    3. All drivers are up to date including BIOS
    4. Ran ccleaner along with registry side of it
    5. Memtest shows no errors
    6. Hard drives show no errors
    7. Connected to LAN and no drops all day

I'm not sure what else to check as this is a fairly new laptop bought back in march and doing some searching on google showed some posts about people with the same issues (different laptops/hardware) thinking it was related to Windows 10.

This has me thinking a recent update is causing it..

any other things i can try please?

:)

Titan, Dec 16, 2015

2. Loosing Wireless Connections Randomly On Laptops Running Windows 10

Hello,

I have 2 Windows 10 laptops with the issue of dropping wireless connections randomly. We have a Windows 8 laptop that never dropped the connection at the time when we are saw the issue on the Window 10 laptop.

TonyWittock, Dec 16, 2015
  3. Martmcd Win User
    Internet Connection dropping randomly after upgrading to Windows 10

Internet connection dropped at 09:52 BST for 2 minutes. - not happy

obviously drivers did not solve the issue.

I will continue to play/search for an answer

if anybody has any ideas I would like to hear them.

just to reiterate-

I am using an Ethernet connection to a BT router, other computers continue to see internet, I can use the network, but drops internet connection randomly.

using wireless (or trouble shooting wireless connections) is not a solution.

Martmcd, Dec 16, 2015
  4. Titan Win User

Guess this is a known issue, please delete this post moderators.

Titan, Dec 16, 2015
Thema:

1. Wireless connection randomly drops - Similar Threads - Wireless connection randomly

2. Weird WiFi connection drops at random

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird WiFi connection drops at random: I'm getting these weird WiFi drops that happen randomly. I'm almost positive it's my pc's fault. One minute it'll be fine, then all of a sudden pages stop loading and after a minute or so the WiFi icon in the bottom right changes to "connected, no internet" I can usually fix...
  3. Computer randomly dropping local connections

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer randomly dropping local connections: Have multiple laptops within a company that will randomly stop being able to access resources on the local network. If an ipconfig /release and renew get run, the connections return but will drop off at random intervals. Outside internet access works fine the whole time....
  4. Laptop drops connection to wireless network randomly.

Laptop drops connection to wireless network randomly.: My daughter has a laptop that keeps losing it's connection to the local wireless network - any local wireless network. It will connect to any network, using security passwords, but then just drop off, after random amounts of time, ending in the message "The specified network...
  5. Network connection randomly drops out

Network connection randomly drops out: Symptoms: network access randomly drops out on just one PC. It happens while using both wired and wifi connections although on wifi it seems to be more often. Network will eventually return after a while but If I reset the adaptor (disable then enable) then network returns...
  6. Wireless Connection Constantly Dropping Out

Wireless Connection Constantly Dropping Out: When trying to use my University Wi-Fi, my wireless connection keeps changing to "No Internet Access." I keep having to go through the struggle everytime this happens, where I have to end up resetting my wireless adapter. I'm not sure what is causing this; I have filed a...
  7. Wifi connection keeps randomly dropping

Wifi connection keeps randomly dropping: Driving me nuts! There seems to be no consistency as to when or why. I leave my computer on and plugged in all the time. I don't think it has dropped while I was actively using the computer, but I can step away for a few minutes and come back and have to reconnect....
  8. Intel AC7260 Wireless Adapter Dropping Connection

Intel AC7260 Wireless Adapter Dropping Connection: I have a Dell XPS 9Q33 with the Intel AC7260 wireless adapter. I experienced a never-ending litany of connection problems with this adapter, and tried every solution I could find on the web. And I do mean every possible solution. Many of those suggestions required changing...
  9. Wireless Connection Drops

Wireless Connection Drops: Hello everyone. I got MSI GP62-2QE laptop and have been using Windows 10 since I bought it without having a problem. But few days ago when I was playing an offline game my wi-fi connection dropped. I tried to connect back, and I actually succeed but it's keep dropping since...
  10. Dropping connection to router (both wireless and cable)

Dropping connection to router (both wireless and cable): Hi, when trying to transfer files via network (both wireless and wired) from home NAS (connected directly to router) to laptop, connection drops every couple of minutes. My configuration is: laptop: HP Envy 13-d006nc system: Windows 10 Home 64bit ethernet adapter: i-tec...