Windows 10: Wireless connection to internet. No 5G

Discus and support Wireless connection to internet. No 5G in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am able to connect at 2.4G but unable to now connect at 5G, used to be able to connect at 5G okay. Other PC and smart phones all connect at 5G. What... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DaleWatson1, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Wireless connection to internet. No 5G

I am able to connect at 2.4G but unable to now connect at 5G, used to be able to connect at 5G okay. Other PC and smart phones all connect at 5G. What am I doing wrong. This is a Asus Core I7. Thanks in advance.

:)

DaleWatson1, Jan 24, 2019

2. Wireless connection to internet. No 5G

Hello DaleWatson1, my name is Irisdiel and I am an independent advisor. I have found a probable solution to your issue and I suggest that you start off by making sure that your laptop supports 5G wireless connection. You can check if your laptop supports
    5G by opening the Control Panel, go to Device Manager and find the make and model of your laptop's Wi-Fi under the Network adapters section. After that, you want to find out if it supports your router. For many of these cases, the 5G availability depends on
    the type of router and I would suggest seeing if it supports it and if it isn't then you would have to either change your router or buy the 5G wireless through an independent company. For your router to support 5GHz it must be a dual-band router.

You can check if your router is a dual-band by:

Depending on the Wi-Fi router model, there are a couple of different ways to tell if your router is dual band. The best way is to look up your router’s model on the manufacturer’s website. Some wireless routers even have dual band written on the router itself
    or on the packaging that it came in.

I hope this helps resolute or find your answer. Thank you, best regards- .

Irisdiel H, Dec 5, 2019
  3. Cannot connect to 5g

Hi I'm Peter an independent advisor, if your trying to connect to 5g then you've got a router and network adapter that supports 5g (ie a virgin media router)? Qualcomm is your wireless network card....realtek is your ethernet adapter (physical network
    port) for wired networks. If you want to connect to 5g open your wireless network available list and you should see the same SSID as 2g and one as 5g...just click on the 5g one.

PeterFlynn4, Dec 5, 2019
  4. A. User Win User

Wireless connection to internet. No 5G

I am able to connect at 2.4G but unable to now connect at 5G, used to be able to connect at 5G okay. Other PC and smart phones all connect at 5G. What am I doing wrong. This is a Asus Core I7. Thanks in advance.

A. User, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Wireless connection to internet. No 5G - Similar Threads - Wireless connection internet

2. No 5G Internet speed on 5G PHONE hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No 5G Internet speed on 5G PHONE hotspot: I have 5G Internet in my phone and I wish to use 5G internet on my pc but when I did speed test speed is only 30-40MBPS whereas its 400-500MBPS on my phone . I have an external USB wifi adapter . Can I get directions on how can I use 5G internet on my pc using my phone's...
  3. Wireless internet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless internet connection: I am unable to connect my desktop to any wireless internet connections. It shows THE WINDOWS WIRELESS SERVICE IS NOT RUNNING , Can someone help me out ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-internet-connection/6760307a-d64f-49a1-9909-b12f80d55392
  4. Wireless internet connection

Wireless internet connection: I am unable to connect my desktop to any wireless internet connections. It shows THE WINDOWS WIRELESS SERVICE IS NOT RUNNING , Can someone help me out ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-internet-connection/6760307a-d64f-49a1-9909-b12f80d55392
  5. 5g not showing up but i do have a 5g wireless internet adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    5g not showing up but i do have a 5g wireless internet adapter: When i try connect to my 5g internet it doesnt show up but i can usually connect to it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/5g-not-showing-up-but-i-do-have-a-5g-wireless/9ad7c0e3-9b90-4cca-8d8f-6ae56ec0169d
  6. 5g not showing up but i do have a 5g wireless internet adapter

5g not showing up but i do have a 5g wireless internet adapter: When i try connect to my 5g internet it doesnt show up but i can usually connect to it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/5g-not-showing-up-but-i-do-have-a-5g-wireless/9ad7c0e3-9b90-4cca-8d8f-6ae56ec0169d
  7. Can not connect to -5G internets

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can not connect to -5G internets: My friend have a new laptop that for some reason does not support 5G internet. Is there a way to add 5G support on his laptop, if yes, what to download/buy? Thank you submitted by /u/TEHCUDE [link] [comments]...
  8. 5G connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    5G connection: How can I tell if my laptop is capable of using a 5G connection to the Internet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/5g-connection/ec9f4af8-4c72-4ba1-be20-5a0993a5c72b
  9. 5G connection

5G connection: I can not connect to my 5G network from Spectrum on my computer. I can on all my other devices. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/5g-connection/d808fa8e-214e-4a37-a2d8-eda754f67e3b
  10. Connecting my ASUS Laptop to 5G Internet

Connecting my ASUS Laptop to 5G Internet: I have an Asus laptop with windows 10 and I just got spectrum wifi that has both a 2G and 5G connection and yet the laptop refuses to show the 5G connection which I need for school. The Network adapter list includes Bluetooth options, the Qualcomm Atheros AR956x WNA, Realtek...