Windows 10: Wireless Connections timing out?

Discus and support Wireless Connections timing out? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The wireless connection to my casting device keeps timing out after a few hours or whenever I put the computer in sleep mode and try to reconnect it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MJGABRIEL, Nov 21, 2018.

1. MJGABRIEL Win User

Wireless Connections timing out?

The wireless connection to my casting device keeps timing out after a few hours or whenever I put the computer in sleep mode and try to reconnect it will not reconnect unless I restart the entire computer. It's not the the casting device because I'm still able to connect and cast from my mobile device with no problems. Additionally, the same problem has started to occur with internet connection through my range extender. That is starting to time out as well and I must restart computer to reconnect to the internet via the range extender. Please help.

:)

MJGABRIEL, Nov 21, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Change Wireless Network Connection Priority Order in Windows 10

Hello Denis, Wireless Connections timing out? :)

The command in step 2 of Option Two should show your wireless networks listed in priority order. Top of the list is higher.

Brink, Nov 21, 2018
  3. Hannelore Win User
    Project connect to wireless device issue

Thanks for this suggestion; it's made me realise that I think it might be a problem with my tv after all, because now it won't come up anymore in the list of devices. I better check out some help for this tv; maybe something got turned off by mistake.

Hannelore, Nov 21, 2018
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

wireless connectivity

Hi Carl,

It's possible that your wireless network adapter is incompatible with the latest Windows 10 update, causing network connectivity issues. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions
    for you:

• Which specific build version of Windows 10 is currently on your computer? To check, click
      Start, type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial recommendation, we recommend using the built-in network troubleshooter. This tool can help diagnose and fix common network problems. To use it, follow these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Network troubleshooter.
    • Click Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps shown on the screen.

Additionally, we suggest updating your wireless network adapter driver by following the steps

here

We'll wait for your response and the result of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Wireless Connections timing out? - Similar Threads - Wireless Connections timing

2. "Connection has timed out"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Connection has timed out": I get "Connection has timed out" on some websites that fail to open, I flushed the dns and renewed but that did not work how can this be fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connection-has-timed-out/6f881cdc-cdf2-4d6a-930d-f26b49957d97
  3. "Connection has timed out"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Connection has timed out": I get "Connection has timed out" on some websites that fail to open, I flushed the dns and renewed but that did not work how can this be fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connection-has-timed-out/6f881cdc-cdf2-4d6a-930d-f26b49957d97
  4. The connection has timed out

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The connection has timed out: after waking the computer i have to go thru two of theese The connection has timed out An error occurred during a connection to photoinspection.info. The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments. If you are unable to load any pages,...
  5. The connection has timed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The connection has timed out: after waking the computer i have to go thru two of theese The connection has timed out An error occurred during a connection to photoinspection.info. The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments. If you are unable to load any pages,...
  6. The connection has timed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Wireless display time-out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless display time-out: Hi,I'm using a laptop as 3rd wireless connected screen on my system. This was working fine, connected it in the morning and it stay connected till I disconnected it myself. Last weeks I didn't use it and now it is disconnecting randomly. I saw 1 or 2 times a message syaing...
  8. ERR CONNECTION TIMED OUT

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ERR CONNECTION TIMED OUT: Just need a little help here. Thanks ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/err-connection-timed-out/22015bf4-adae-4f12-b8db-e5ff51233b97
  9. Wireless Connection Constantly Dropping Out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless Connection Constantly Dropping Out: When trying to use my University Wi-Fi, my wireless connection keeps changing to "No Internet Access." I keep having to go through the struggle everytime this happens, where I have to end up resetting my wireless adapter. I'm not sure what is causing this; I have filed a...
  10. Connection to server times out

in Browsers and Email
    Connection to server times out: I am running Thunderbird as my email proxy and the other day I kept getting 'Connection to server timed out'. Initially I thought it may be the Thunderbird software but after re downloading it again the problem still persisted. I downloaded another email proxy - still the...