Windows 10: Wireless controller Connects after being paired but does not stay connected to pc

Discus and support Wireless controller Connects after being paired but does not stay connected to pc in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have been working for 3 days now on getting this Scorpion GT-64 wireless controller to work via bluetooth connection. I have tried many things from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Unlucky_Ad5548, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Wireless controller Connects after being paired but does not stay connected to pc

I have been working for 3 days now on getting this Scorpion GT-64 wireless controller to work via bluetooth connection. I have tried many things from updating drivers, setting automatic on bluetooth services, etc. I am starting to think that either my controller is malfunctioning or i just cannot make it to stay connected. I am using asus bluetooth adapter 5.0.

Please help me figure it out!

submitted by /u/Unlucky_Ad5548
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Unlucky_Ad5548, Dec 17, 2020
  2. Mala_S Win User

Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Dec 17, 2020
  3. Xbox Elite Controller 2 - not connecting after paired

Hi,

my expectation is that when turning the Xbox Elite Controller 2 on it will automatically connect to the PC over Bluetooth (if already paired), however, it doesn't work for me. Light on the controller is flashing steadily but it never connects.

Controller works fine over USB. It's displayed as "Paired" in Bluetooth & other devices.

Controller's firmware has been updated over USB using Xbox Accessories application.

What have I tried already:

1. Ensuring my Bluetooth adapter is working fine by connecting wireless headphones - it's OK. I also moved the adapter to the front of the chassie.
    2. Restarting PC, controller, Bluetooth services (and changing them to automatic), turning Bluetooth off & on before and during controller sync.
    3. Uninstalling Bluetooth drivers, updating them via Windows, downloading new drivers from my MOBO (AsRock Z390 Pro4) manufacturer.
    4. Removing the controller from Bluetooth devices and trying to pair it again - controller is visible either as "Input" or as "Xbox Elite Wireless Controller" however it takes a lot of tries to connect it as the device is not responding (controller light is
      flashing rapidly as it should in sync mode).

After successful pairing I observed the controller sometimes stays connected and works fine over Bluetooth and sometimes it just switches back to the "turn on mode" (light flashing steadily), which brings me to the beginning of this problem - controller
    is paired but does not connect to PC.

I've read a lot of topics where people have a problem with connecting their controllers to the PC in the first place, however this is not my problem and solutions presented in these topics proved ineffective in resolving my situation.

Thank you for your help.

edi tempura, Dec 17, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Wireless controller Connects after being paired but does not stay connected to pc

Xbox Controller is not connecting to Wireless Adapter

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your time and patience to work on this issue. To have a better clarity on the issue please reply to the following questions:

• Are you using an Xbox one controller?

If you are using an Xbox one controller, I suggest you to refer the steps in the article

How to connect an Xbox One Wireless Controller to a Windows PC
    and see if that helps in resolving the issue.

I would also suggest you to uninstall all the hidden devices under USB hive and check if you are able to connect the wireless adapter. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the hidden drivers:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. Click View tab.
    4. Select Show hidden devices.
    5. Expand Universal Serial Bus and remove all the greyed out devices. To remove the greyed out devices, right click on the device and select
      uninstall.
    6. Restart your computer.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 17, 2020
Thema:

Wireless controller Connects after being paired but does not stay connected to pc

1. Wireless controller Connects after being paired but does not stay connected to pc - Similar Threads - Wireless controller Connects

2. PC does not stay Internet Connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC does not stay Internet Connected: My machine is Intel QuadCore i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 32 GB RAM, running MS Windows 10 Home v. 1803, build 17134.228 on an MSI B75MA-P45 motherboard with a SAMSUNG SSD main drive.It has RealTek High Definition Audio and a SAMSUNG U28D590D VDU driven by an NVIDIA QUADRO K620...
  3. PC does not stay Internet Connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC does not stay Internet Connected: My machine is Intel QuadCore i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 32 GB RAM, running MS Windows 10 Home v. 1803, build 17134.228 on an MSI B75MA-P45 motherboard with a SAMSUNG SSD main drive.It has RealTek High Definition Audio and a SAMSUNG U28D590D VDU driven by an NVIDIA QUADRO K620...
  4. PC does not stay Internet Connected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Xbox Elite Controller 2 not connecting to PC after paired

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Elite Controller 2 not connecting to PC after paired: It works with the USB cable but does not connect wireless. I can see it is paired but never goes to connected. Windows 11, all drivers are up to date...
  6. Xbox Elite Controller 2 not connecting to PC after paired

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Elite Controller 2 not connecting to PC after paired: It works with the USB cable but does not connect wireless. I can see it is paired but never goes to connected. Windows 11, all drivers are up to date...
  7. Xbox Controller does not stay connected to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Controller does not stay connected to PC: I built my gaming PC. I can connect to my PC with the controller just fine, but when I leave and turn my computer back on and my controller on, I have to forget the device and reconnect it again. Is there a way to just turn on the controller and it automatically connects back...
  8. my wireless control stays on paird after it connect to bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my wireless control stays on paird after it connect to bluetooth: hi so i bought a gaming control and im having issue with connecting it to my laptop. it connected the first time then it went to paired and when i turn on the remote nothing happens it stays on paired can some one help me? this is the remote i got and as you can see it...
  9. PS4 Controller won't stay paired, can't connect at all

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PS4 Controller won't stay paired, can't connect at all: Hi, I've had this problem for over 2 months now. I used ds4 windows before, but it wasnt an easy ride to get it working, and after a few weeks it just stopped working at all. Since then I cant even connect my ps4 controller, even with ds4 being uninstalled. When I press the...
  10. Wireless Printer does not stay connected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless Printer does not stay connected: Cant keep my HP Printer connected to my Microsoft laptop, have windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-printer-does-not-stay-connected/a88bb4ad-99ae-427a-962f-f2b7138d5cc8