Windows 10: Wireless controller for playing games on Win10 laptop

Discus and support Wireless controller for playing games on Win10 laptop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi I have Win10 laptop and have many games on Microsoft Store like Asphalt. Can I use xbox wireless controller to play games on my laptop? Do I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Bharat SinghNegi, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Wireless controller for playing games on Win10 laptop

Hi

I have Win10 laptop and have many games on Microsoft Store like Asphalt.

Can I use xbox wireless controller to play games on my laptop? Do I need more accessories with the controller like some receiver?

Also can I join 2 controllers and play simultaneously?

Regards

Bharat

:)

Bharat SinghNegi, Dec 20, 2018

2. Windows 10 Xbox One S Wireless Controller issue with Dark Souls Series

Hi ajhakra,

Incorrect configuration setting is one of the potential reasons why your controller keeps on crashing when playing the game Dark Souls. To help you resolve this concern, I need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Were you able to play the game Dark Souls using the Xbox One S wireless controller before?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?
    • Have you tried updating your Xbox One S controller?

Meanwhile, I suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps provide on the link below:

Connect and troubleshoot Bluetooth on your Xbox One Wireless Controller

Wilfred Mac, Dec 20, 2018
  3. Xbox One Wireless controller - Triggers don't work in games

Hi,

Incorrect configuration setting is one of the possible reasons why you're having issue with your controller when playing game. For us to properly assist you, we need collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you having the issue with all of your games?
    • Have you tried updating your controller?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?
    • Have you tried using a different controller and check if the issue persists?

In the meantime, we recommend that you perform all the troubleshooting steps provided on the links below:

Click here

Troubleshoot the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows

Wilfred Mac, Dec 20, 2018
  4. ajhakra Win User

Wireless controller for playing games on Win10 laptop

Windows 10 Xbox One S Wireless Controller issue with Dark Souls Series

Hi Wilfried,

I was able to play Dark Souls using the Xbox One S wireless controller before. The issue may relate to one of my hard drives failing and being replaced.

I have tried uninstalling all of the games fully and reinstalling them but it hasn't fixed the issue.

I have tried to update my controller but the Xbox Accessories app is telling me that it is already up-to-date.

I have also performed the troubleshooting steps in that link already, to no avail.

ajhakra, Dec 20, 2018
Thema:

Wireless controller for playing games on Win10 laptop

1. Wireless controller for playing games on Win10 laptop - Similar Threads - Wireless controller playing

2. I cant connect to a game with my wireless controller.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant connect to a game with my wireless controller.: I use Bluetooth to connect my ps4 controller to my laptop. The method works because every game I play works with the controller. Except for fortnite. My controller doesn't work on that game whatsoever, even though every other game is fine. Any suggestions on how to fix this?...
  3. I cant connect to a game with my wireless controller.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant connect to a game with my wireless controller.: I use Bluetooth to connect my ps4 controller to my laptop. The method works because every game I play works with the controller. Except for fortnite. My controller doesn't work on that game whatsoever, even though every other game is fine. Any suggestions on how to fix this?...
  4. Win10: Game controller prevents screen saver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10: Game controller prevents screen saver: Problem description: https://superuser.com/questions/1638626/win10-game-controller-prevents-screen-saver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-game-controller-prevents-screen-saver/1c64867e-5823-4dc7-8fe4-fddac17bb332
  5. Xbox One wireless controller suddenly not working with Win10

Xbox One wireless controller suddenly not working with Win10: Problem: - Xbox One wireless controller now listed in Device Manager as "Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed" System: Edition: Windows 10 Pro Version: 20H2 Build: 19042.685 Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0 Steps taken to...
  6. Xbox controller on win10 not work in games.

Xbox controller on win10 not work in games.: Hello. I bought a PowerA xbox usb controller to use on my win10 dell laptop. System sees controller and installed the driver, but doesn't work in games. I apologize for nube question....
  7. Driver for wireless gaming controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver for wireless gaming controller: I have a generic wireless pc gaming controller for my Xbox 360 control on the device manager appears as unknown device I try to intstall the driver manually, after the "success installation" still appears as an unknown device I try in different USB ports still the same and I...
  8. NEW LAPTOP GAMES NOT PLAYING .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NEW LAPTOP GAMES NOT PLAYING .: HI I just bought new laaptop HP and I installed two games and they are both not playing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-laptop-games-not-playing/31897292-1c05-4925-9487-014273a7434c
  9. Win10 Game Controller input problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Game Controller input problem: Today after i turned on my computer i found my game controller no longer working. The computer say it is connected and recognizes the device, but no inputs are registered, at all. I have tried to uninstall and install the drivers again, i have tried different USB ports and...
  10. Win10 Crashes while playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 Crashes while playing games: My PC crashes when i play games it always crashes while playing like rocket league, borderlands 2, chivarly medieval warfare, mass effect 2 and alot of other games. When it crashes my screen changes color like green pink red white etc. after that it goes gray and then my PC...