Windows 10: Wireless controller losing connection causes games to crash or significantly drop in framerate

Discus and support Wireless controller losing connection causes games to crash or significantly drop in framerate in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, not really sure where to post this, but this issue has been kinda bugging me for some time. It only happens in some games, not all, but I use an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Yutrzenika1, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Wireless controller losing connection causes games to crash or significantly drop in framerate

So, not really sure where to post this, but this issue has been kinda bugging me for some time. It only happens in some games, not all, but I use an Xbox One wireless controller connected to my PC via bluetooth built into my mobo (though I had the same issue as well in the past on an old mobo, using a little USB bluetooth dongle). In some games (Bug Fables, one of the Shantae Games, A Hat In Time, and most recently the beta for Fall Guys, to name a few), if my controller loses connection while playing, the game I'm playing will usually drop to unplayable framerates, like single digits, or it will crash (which is what happens with A Hat In Time). I've tried it on a couple different controllers and get the same results, usually reconnecting my controller fixes it, but sometimes my controller just refuses to connect, so I have to force close the game.

So my question is, why does this happen, and how can I prevent it? I don't really want to close my game and possibly lose progress because my controller randomly decides to disconnect.

submitted by /u/Yutrzenika1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Yutrzenika1, Aug 1, 2020

2. Windows 10 Xbox One S Wireless Controller issue with Dark Souls Series

Hi ajhakra,

Incorrect configuration setting is one of the potential reasons why your controller keeps on crashing when playing the game Dark Souls. To help you resolve this concern, I need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Were you able to play the game Dark Souls using the Xbox One S wireless controller before?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?
    • Have you tried updating your Xbox One S controller?

Meanwhile, I suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps provide on the link below:

Connect and troubleshoot Bluetooth on your Xbox One Wireless Controller

Wilfred Mac, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Xbox Controller is not connecting to Wireless Adapter

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your time and patience to work on this issue. To have a better clarity on the issue please reply to the following questions:

• Are you using an Xbox one controller?

If you are using an Xbox one controller, I suggest you to refer the steps in the article

How to connect an Xbox One Wireless Controller to a Windows PC
    and see if that helps in resolving the issue.

I would also suggest you to uninstall all the hidden devices under USB hive and check if you are able to connect the wireless adapter. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the hidden drivers:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. Click View tab.
    4. Select Show hidden devices.
    5. Expand Universal Serial Bus and remove all the greyed out devices. To remove the greyed out devices, right click on the device and select
      uninstall.
    6. Restart your computer.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Wireless controller losing connection causes games to crash or significantly drop in framerate

Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Wireless controller losing connection causes games to crash or significantly drop in framerate

1. Wireless controller losing connection causes games to crash or significantly drop in framerate - Similar Threads - Wireless controller losing

2. Significant FPS drops in games since last week.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Significant FPS drops in games since last week.: I have a laptop running Win 11 for a year. I have been using it for occasional gaming without any problems, the performance was always decent and very stable when plugged in. Since last week I have been getting significant FPS drops. The same games that used to run with 50-60...
  3. Significant FPS drops in games since last week.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Significant FPS drops in games since last week.: I have a laptop running Win 11 for a year. I have been using it for occasional gaming without any problems, the performance was always decent and very stable when plugged in. Since last week I have been getting significant FPS drops. The same games that used to run with 50-60...
  4. Windows update ? caused decreased framerate in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update ? caused decreased framerate in games: So in early august I had to restart my laptop because it didn't feel like fully waking up from hybrid sleep. I turn it on and am met for a black screen for around 5 or so minutes before I decide to restart it again. Then I figure out that windows is updating so I let it do...
  5. Xbox Wireless controller losing bluetooth connection causes performance to tank in games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Wireless controller losing bluetooth connection causes performance to tank in games: So, not really sure where to post this, but this issue has been kinda bugging me for some time. It only happens in some games, not all, but I use an Xbox One wireless controller connected to my PC via bluetooth built into my mobo (though I had the same issue as well in the...
  6. Losing Wireless connectivity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Losing Wireless connectivity: Just bought a new laptop and I keep losing connectivity to my home wireless network. It may stay up 5 minutes or 30 seconds. My other laptop stays connected just fine. Both have the same wireless settings, network settings, running Edge and the new laptop has all the...
  7. xbox controller causes game graphics crash

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    xbox controller causes game graphics crash: I have an Xbox one controller that I use for most of my pc games. Before I went on deployment, everything worked fine. When I got back, I can no longer use my Xbox controller. I will open a game, like rocket league, and everything will be fine. If I then turn my Xbox...
  8. Losing Wireless Connectivity

Losing Wireless Connectivity: I have a WNA1100 N150 wireless USB adapter plugged into a WIN XP computer. I've used the WNA1100 for about a year and I mostly use it to connect to a WIN 10 computer using remote desktop. It connects fine, but after a while I lose the connection. I may be right in the...
  9. Wireless Connection Drops

Wireless Connection Drops: Hello everyone. I got MSI GP62-2QE laptop and have been using Windows 10 since I bought it without having a problem. But few days ago when I was playing an offline game my wi-fi connection dropped. I tried to connect back, and I actually succeed but it's keep dropping since...
  10. Wireless connection randomly drops

Wireless connection randomly drops: So i currently have a MSI GT80 running killer wireless 1525 network adapter and am constantly seeing network drops to the point where i get an exclamation mark over my wireless icon and no activity. Connection shows connected but no speed, only until i manually disconnect...