Windows 10: Wireless Controller will NOT disconnect from bluetooth.

Discus and support Wireless Controller will NOT disconnect from bluetooth. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I was very reluctant to post here considering I can figure most PC related things out by myself but this one has me stumped, my PS4 controller... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by OwenPayne, Nov 12, 2018.

1. OwenPayne Win User

Wireless Controller will NOT disconnect from bluetooth.

Hello, I was very reluctant to post here considering I can figure most PC related things out by myself but this one has me stumped, my PS4 controller will not disconnect from Bluetooth no matter what I do. If I right click it and "remove" device, it successfully removes but once I turn Bluetooth off and back on it will just come back, if I don't turn Bluetooth off and back on it will appear like it is gone, but when I go to add a new device and try to pair my controller again it will not be able to find it. I've tried uninstalling ALL Bluetooth drivers, I've tried restarting my PC multiple times, I've tried finding it with the WiFi card turned off, but no matter what I do the "Wireless Controller" connection will ALWAYS come back and it will always be "paired" although the controller isn't even on.. PLEASE help me..

:)

OwenPayne, Nov 12, 2018
  2. UndeadBob Win User

Xbox One Wireless controller keeps disconnecting

After reading some replies on here, there seem to be a lot of various theories. I'm sorry if it doesn't work for you, but I can confirm that exiting Steamworked for me. The problem is very repeatable.

• Connect and disconnect controller
    • Sleep and wake up system
    • Xbox One Wireless controller connects (as shown in the "Game Controllers" panel) and disconnects within 2 seconds.
    • Exit Steam
    • Xbox One Wireless controller connects and works.
    • Restart Steam (controller still works)
    • Disconnect Xbox One Wireless controller, then connects and disconnects within 2 seconds.
    I'm narrowing my problem down to the Big Picture mode, so that problem is for another forum...

Hopefully this workaround helps a few people before the real solution is found.

UndeadBob, Nov 12, 2018
  3. Wireless Xbox One controller requires PIN for Windows 10.

Hi,

You will be asked for a PIN when connecting your wireless Xbox One controller via Bluetooth on Windows 10 if your Bluetooth drivers are not updated. It is also possible that you have to reset the controller to remove the PIN. To resolve your concern, restart
    your controller by following the steps below:

• Power off the controller by pressing and holding the Xbox button on the controller for 6 seconds.
    • Press the Xbox button again to power it back on.
    • Connect your Xbox Wireless Controller to your PC using a USB cable or the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows.

You can also update your Bluetooth drivers by following the steps on this
    link

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Nov 12, 2018
  4. Wireless Controller will NOT disconnect from bluetooth.

Cant connect my XBOX ONE controller to my W10 pc via bluetooth

Hi,

If you encounter issues connecting an Xbox One Wireless Controller on your Windows 10 PC via Bluetooth, it may be because of an incorrect device configuration. Another factor that we have to take into consideration is an outdated Bluetooth driver. We suggest
    running the Bluetooth troubleshooter on your Windows 10 PC. Here are the steps:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings >
      Update & security > Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select Bluetooth >
      Run the troubleshooter.
    • Restart your device so that the changes will take effect.
    • Disconnect then reconnect the controller and check if the same issue occurs.

We also recommend verifying if the Bluetooth device shows on the Device Manager. To do so, kindly perform the following steps:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
    • In Device Manager, select View > Show hidden devices.
    • In Device Manager, select View > Devices by connection.
    • Find your Bluetooth hardware.

Wireless Controller will NOT disconnect from bluetooth. 4015881_en_2.png

For additional troubleshooting steps, refer to
    How to connect and troubleshoot Bluetooth on your Xbox One Wireless Controller
    . The details on that page will guide you how to connect the controller via Bluetooth as well as troubleshooting methods you may perform if you encounter issues with the Bluetooth
    connection.

We're looking forward to get this issue resolved.

Do get back to us with the progress. We'd be more than willing to provide you additional troubleshooting solutions.

Catherine Cus., Nov 12, 2018
Thema:

Wireless Controller will NOT disconnect from bluetooth.

1. Wireless Controller will NOT disconnect from bluetooth. - Similar Threads - Wireless Controller disconnect

2. Xbox controller disconnecting from bluetooth and then saying driver error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox controller disconnecting from bluetooth and then saying driver error: When I try connect my xbox controller to my laptop whitch worked yesterday it disconnects after 5 seconds and then says driver error if i try update my bluetooth controller driver it says i am using the latest driver and have nothing to update to so i am confused what to do ....
  3. Xbox controller disconnecting from bluetooth and then saying driver error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox controller disconnecting from bluetooth and then saying driver error: When I try connect my xbox controller to my laptop whitch worked yesterday it disconnects after 5 seconds and then says driver error if i try update my bluetooth controller driver it says i am using the latest driver and have nothing to update to so i am confused what to do ....
  4. Periodic disconnects of Xbox Wireless Controller from PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Periodic disconnects of Xbox Wireless Controller from PC: While using a XBox Wireless controller connected via bluetooth, I periodically get disconnections. There is not reason/pattern that I have been able to detect as a contributing factor.Read various posts about updating controller firmware in the xbox accessories app, however...
  5. Periodic disconnects of Xbox Wireless Controller from PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Periodic disconnects of Xbox Wireless Controller from PC: While using a XBox Wireless controller connected via bluetooth, I periodically get disconnections. There is not reason/pattern that I have been able to detect as a contributing factor.Read various posts about updating controller firmware in the xbox accessories app, however...
  6. Periodic disconnects of Xbox Wireless Controller from PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Bluetooth wireless earphones keep disconnecting

Bluetooth wireless earphones keep disconnecting: I have just bought some JAM Bluetooth wireless earphones and they keep disconnecting every 15 minutes whenever I'm on Zoom or Teams calls on Windows. I've gone through audio settings to make sure everything is in order there and tried the basic troubleshooting such as...
  8. Wireless controller automatically removed from Bluetooth devices

Wireless controller automatically removed from Bluetooth devices: I recently had a major software problem with my gaming PC, so I had to install Windows all over again. I always use a PS4 controller to play on Windows, and using DS4Windows I never had a issue before. The weird thing now is that when I try to pair a controller via Bluetooth,...
  9. Wireless bluetooth earphones keep disconnecting...

Wireless bluetooth earphones keep disconnecting...: I bought Realme buds wireless bluetooth earbuds recently. I started using them with my phone and it worked just fine. But when I used it with my laptop (Asus FX570UD) it works for sometime and then automatically disconnects and the same problem persists when I reconnect it...
  10. Controller keeps disconnecting from Bluetooth

Controller keeps disconnecting from Bluetooth: I have a new Acer Windows Mixed Reality Headset. But I have an issue, when I am playing one controller disconnects itself. Then I go into Bluetooth settings trying to reconnect the controller, so I click on it but receive a message saying "try reconnecting your device." I...