Windows 10: Wireless Desktop 900 Keyboard Not Working Mouse Works

Discus and support Wireless Desktop 900 Keyboard Not Working Mouse Works in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am using the keyboard/mouse with a Surface 7, and while the mouse works fine, the keyboard input doesn't. Steps I have taken: 1 Replace Batteries... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kodrei, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Kodrei Win User

Wireless Desktop 900 Keyboard Not Working Mouse Works

I am using the keyboard/mouse with a Surface 7, and while the mouse works fine, the keyboard input doesn't.

Steps I have taken:

1 Replace Batteries

2 Try keyboard/mouse on different device Dell laptop running windows 10

3 Uninstall/Reinstall drivers

4 Update WIndows

5 Run keyboard troubleshooter

6 Reboot Surface duh!

The first time I used the keyboard/mouse on the Surface, both devices worked fine. Next time I tried to use the keyboard/mouse, the mouse worked fine, but the keyboard didn't. I fiddled around with things, and somehow managed to get it working again not sure what exactly fixed it Keyboard/mouse worked fine for a while, and suddenly the keyboard stopped working again.

:)

Kodrei, Jun 11, 2020

2. keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jun 11, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Budget wireless keyboard and mouse for gaming? (INR)

Some logitech set, they have many KB/Mouse combos, always worked well for me.
    I'm currently using a Logitech nano laser mouse with a 5GHz wireless Rapoo (flat keys) keyboard.

P4-630, Jun 11, 2020
  4. JJG10 Win User

Wireless Keyboard and Mouse

I have an Inspiron 4471 AIO, a Dell Desktop and an Acer Laptop all running W10 ver 1809 with the latest updates.

The wireless keyboard and mouse that came with the Inspiron work just fine but I want to replace the keyboard with a Logitech or Microsoft Keyboard/Mouse combination both of which I have.

All three keyboards work with the Desktop and laptop but only the Dell keyboard/mouse work with the Dell AIO.

The AIO shows the appropriate wireless receiver in Devices and Printers but the KB and mouse don't work. I, of course, tried the receivers all the USB ports with no luck.

The problem exist also if I boot Macrium's rescue USB as well as a W10 ISO on a flash drive. Each of the other two KB/mouses work just fine in those environments

I will really appreciate help with solving this problem.

Thank you.

JJG10, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Wireless Desktop 900 Keyboard Not Working Mouse Works - Similar Threads - Wireless Desktop 900

2. Wireless mouse and keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless mouse and keyboard not working: I am working from my laptop, I have a wireless mouse and keyboard and I use the usb port in my laptop for it. I am working remote and pluggeda wired 2nd monitor into my laptop and I cant get my mouse or keyboard to work ?...
  3. wireless mouse works but wireless keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wireless mouse works but wireless keyboard not working: the USB wireless mouse and numbers keypad works but wireless keyboard MS Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Model 1559 stopped working. If I remove the batteries new and put them back in, it will work for a few minutes and then stop working again....
  4. wireless mouse works but wireless keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wireless mouse works but wireless keyboard not working: the USB wireless mouse and numbers keypad works but wireless keyboard MS Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Model 1559 stopped working. If I remove the batteries new and put them back in, it will work for a few minutes and then stop working again....
  5. wireless mouse works but wireless keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Microsoft wireless 900 desktop keyboard and mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft wireless 900 desktop keyboard and mouse: Hi I’m have some major issues getting my keyboard and mouse to connect to my pc. In boxes the item inserted new Duracell batteries into mouse and keyboard. House at bottoms once switched on is a red colour and keyboard towards the top small led comes on for few seconds in...
  7. Microsoft wireless 900 desktop keyboard and mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft wireless 900 desktop keyboard and mouse: Hi I’m have some major issues getting my keyboard and mouse to connect to my pc. In boxes the item inserted new Duracell batteries into mouse and keyboard. House at bottoms once switched on is a red colour and keyboard towards the top small led comes on for few seconds in...
  8. Microsoft Wireless Desktop 900 Keyboard and Mouse seems to stop working all of a sudden

Microsoft Wireless Desktop 900 Keyboard and Mouse seems to stop working all of a sudden: Hi Guys, I wonder if anyone can help me with this. I have a Microsoft Wireless Desktop 900 Keyboard and Mouse and windows 10 on a lenovo ideapad 330s. I have also downloaded the wireless mouse and keyboard center from Microsoft. For some strange reason every day the mouse and...
  9. 900 wireless keyboard and mouse

900 wireless keyboard and mouse: We bought this item 3-4 months ago from Best Buy Canada but started using it recently. Recently we noticed that somehow the usb piece which is plugged into laptop is not working and because of that we can’t use the keyboard and/or mouse. We tried changing the USB port on the...
  10. Wireless 900 Desktop

Wireless 900 Desktop: Is there an On / Off control for the Keyboard? Does the On /Off control on the Mouse also turn off the keyboard? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-900-desktop/8a508e9e-8791-4681-aeeb-68272349c540