Windows 10: Wireless device suddenly not present - no wifi or bluetooth but Stylus is working!! on...

Discus and support Wireless device suddenly not present - no wifi or bluetooth but Stylus is working!! on... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi my Surface pro 3 was working fine until 08/02/19 - shut it down completely then on 09/02/19 powered up and rebooted - no wifi connection available... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by danananabattman, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Wireless device suddenly not present - no wifi or bluetooth but Stylus is working!! on...

Hi

my Surface pro 3 was working fine until 08/02/19 - shut it down completely then on 09/02/19 powered up and rebooted - no wifi connection available also Bluetooth not working

on further investigation...

• no wireless adaptors present in "control panel >network and internet >Network connections
      • only ethernet adaptor (which works)
    • flight mode is greyed out and cannot be enabled
    • device manager shows no issues
      • I cannot see any network device with wireless in its name
      • I have rescanned for hardware !
    • I have reset windows ( without deleting personal files )
    • I have checked for windows updates
    • re-booted many times in the hope the wireless device will suddenly be recognised as being present by the surface

The really strange thing about this is that the surface stylus is still working which is a Bluetooth device as I understand !

so it seems that the hardware wireless device in the Surface is actually working but not being recognised by some of the software

any ideas ?

:)

danananabattman, Feb 11, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Bluetooth device is shown as not present.

Hello Dominika,

Thank you for getting back to us. Since the issue still persists after following the steps on the article above, we'd like to know more. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Did you checked whether the Bluetooth device is listed under hidden devices in Device manager?
    • What is the make and model of your Bluetooth device?
    • Can you tell us the specific bluetooth devices that you're using on your Windows 10?
    • Have you checked whether the Bluetooth driver is listed under installed programs under Programs and features?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you check if the Bluetooth services is enabled by following the steps below:

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard, type services.msc and press OK.
    • Right click on Bluetooth Support service and select
      Restart.

• Right click on Bluetooth support service and select Properties
      and check if the startup type is Automatic.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Feb 11, 2019
  3. b0rg3 Win User
    Wireless presenter

okey. lets try doing the following.

1. Remove all bluetooth pairing in both pc and you nokia phone.

2. Remove nokia wireless presenter application in your pc.

3. Before doing the bluetooth pairing process with you pc and phone, update first your bluetooth driver. Now if you have a driver for your pc that comes with the bluetooth device, try to uninstall that and let windows use its own bluetooth driver. This is the
    usual problem with those bluetooth drivers other than that of Microsoft's, it does not work well with nokia wireless presenter. To do this, just go to the device manager, and look for the bluetooth device or something that says bluetooth, right click and select
    uninstall to remove the driver and wait for the pc to recognize the device. Once you have successfully changed your device driver to that of microsoft's driver, you should have Bluetooth Radios in your device list and that you can see the Bluetooth icon in
    your system tray. If you have both of these, then you can proceed with the pairing.

4. Once the pairing is completed, you can look at the detailed instructions on how to use nokia wireless prented in my blog post.

Please post a comment on my post if this helps. Hopefully it works for you cause I know how frustrating it is to spend time without achieving expected results.

Cheers everyone!

b0rg3, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Wireless device suddenly not present - no wifi or bluetooth but Stylus is working!! on...

Wireless presenter

Unfortunately, it did not help.

I have followed all the steps, even reinstalled the pairing, but the Presenter still can't seem to find my laptop. I forgot to mention it is a Windows vista premium.

I do not understand why, nokia pc suite does works, so the bluetooth connection is available.

I also noticed that the bluetooth logo does not blink in Presenter when it is searching for devices. While it does blink when I want to send a picture/file in the gallery.

Can anyone help me out, I really would like to use the wireless presenter.

Grt,

m

marnix_moed---01, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Wireless device suddenly not present - no wifi or bluetooth but Stylus is working!! on...

1. Wireless device suddenly not present - no wifi or bluetooth but Stylus is working!! on... - Similar Threads - Wireless device suddenly

2. Bluetooth stylus on laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth stylus on laptop: Hello! I wanted ask if it is possible to connect a bluetooth stylus on a laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-stylus-on-laptop/20d46d33-ccbd-43f7-89e6-dec563efaedc
  3. Bluetooth stylus on laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth stylus on laptop: Hello! I wanted ask if it is possible to connect a bluetooth stylus on a laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-stylus-on-laptop/20d46d33-ccbd-43f7-89e6-dec563efaedc
  4. Bluetooth stylus on laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. wifi no longer works device "not present" win 10 what changed?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi no longer works device "not present" win 10 what changed?: hello, for first time since 31 dec 2020 I turned on my win10 workstation but no wifi network. However, the wifi does work and this laptop connects fine. The main workstation has an ASUS nc10 pcie wifi card and has worked okay for 3 years. Why would it changed as it worked...
  6. Wifi and Bluetooth not working suddenly !

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi and Bluetooth not working suddenly !: Hi ! I hope you reply fast to this. So i was normally using my laptop as usual; until suddenly i come and find my wifi and my bluetooth not working; which are the two most important functionalities in my work. i find the wifi icon in my taskbar but when i click on activate...
  7. wifi and bluetooth suddenly not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    wifi and bluetooth suddenly not working: i have an hp pavilion laptop with windows 10. all of a sudden 2 days ago my wifi and bluetooth have completely stopped working. going to device manager, the wifi (intel wireless ac 9560) originally came up as code 10. i tried resetting bios, reinstalling drivers, hard...
  8. Powerpoint online presentation suddenly stopped working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Powerpoint online presentation suddenly stopped working.: "Error starting online presentation. Cannot connect to this service. Check your network connection and try again". Have used this almost daily for our business then all of the sudden we continuously get this message. Any assistance would be fantastic....
  9. wireless bluetooth device

wireless bluetooth device: hello, while trying to connect my Bluetooth earbuds to my windows 10, It does not appeared in my pc, can you help me to connect my Bluetooth device to windows 10?, how can I connect my earbuds with my pc?...
  10. Cannot See Bluetooth device in wireless devices suddenly!

Cannot See Bluetooth device in wireless devices suddenly!: I was using my laptop did a regular windows update but now when i started my laptop i saw that there is no bluetooth option availible in windows devices neither in action center !!! I checked in device manager and i shows mediatek bluetooth adapter and says the device is...