Windows 10: Wireless Display adapter

Discus and support Wireless Display adapter in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I need help to know where to get better logging on Microsoft Wireless Display adapters. I own two adapters. Both doing the same. I can connect fine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JeremeyWise, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Wireless Display adapter

I need help to know where to get better logging on Microsoft Wireless Display adapters.

I own two adapters. Both doing the same.

I can connect fine to them some time... and then .. it stops working. I was able to get firmware updated last time I connected but for life of me I can't figure out what pattern it is when it "just works this time" and fails to connect others.

I do not have a simple network. For job I have lots of VPN clients.. but I try very hard to use Windows 10 native ones and stop services and adapter bindings to adapters but for when I need to use with a client. Wireless display driver is Wifi which services are only QOS, IPv4, Windows F&P, Windows Network Discovery.

Firmware version: 2.0.8384

I have tried to find websites to root cause. But first and most important would be some log output with details.

What I have attempted:

I have updated wifi driver Windows fully updated /patched ... even to one direct from Intel just a month newer then Windows Driver auto detect / download.

I have Hard set to 2.4 Ghz.. thought it SHOULD be fine with 5.. but baseline.

I have two other monitors wired and removed those and sometimes it will connect.. but.. other times.. with all connected... it just works again.. so not sure I can blame some weird driver multi-monitor issue

I have reset drivers video and wifi

I have reboot display adapter. Reset it.. etc..

I have unbound any Hypervisors I have to flip box and Hyperv as I have to bring in customer images. I even uninstalled both.. and no change in stability.

Questions:

1 Where is the logs nothing I can find in event viewer of session connection attempt or failure error

2 Any suggestions or more technical check list to work with then "reinstall drivers"

:)

JeremeyWise, Jan 8, 2021
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Display problems with the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter

Hi,

It is possible that you are experiencing an audio and video streaming issues due to a corrupted or an outdated display driver. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Could you tell us the exact error message you received?
    • Have you tried updating your display drivers?
    • Does this happen only when you're streaming a video?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot Wireless Display Adapters. You may expand each section that best describes your situation and check if the issue still persists.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jan 8, 2021
  3. Carlo Fer Win User
    Windows Wireless Display Adapter-not connecting anymore

Hello Phillip,

Did you notice any changes on your PC prior to the issue? I suggest that you follow the steps outlined in this support article:
    Troubleshooting Wireless Display Adapters.

Since updating drivers did not work, in addition, you can try to reset the Wireless Adapter.

1. On the adapter, press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds.
    2. When the message " Ready to connect "shows, open the
      Action Center.
    3. Select Connect, and in the list of displays, select
      Microsoft
      Wireless Display Adapter.

Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

Carlo Fer, Jan 8, 2021
  4. Wireless Display adapter

wireless display adapter firmware update

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To better understand the query, please answer the following questions:

1. What is the make and model of the wireless adapter?

2. Are you referring to updating the Wireless display adapter?

If so, I would suggest you to visit the manufacturer's website and check if there are any updates available.

However, you can try the steps below and check if you are able to update it manually from the computer.

1. Press Windows key + R.

2. Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.

3. If the wireless display adapter is listed, expand it.

4. Right click on the driver and check for updates.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

Wireless Display adapter

1. Wireless Display adapter - Similar Threads - Wireless Display adapter

2. Wireless Display Adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Display Adapter: I have a Microsoft Wireless Display adapterFirmware version: 3.9520.47Plugged into a 4K Hisense TV HDMI port.When I switch the TV to that HDMI port it says the connection is 3840x2160P as expected.It also says 8bit BT2020 16:9 YUV444HDR10BUT some detail is missing. Most...
  3. Wireless Display Adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless Display Adapter: I have a Microsoft Wireless Display adapterFirmware version: 3.9520.47Plugged into a 4K Hisense TV HDMI port.When I switch the TV to that HDMI port it says the connection is 3840x2160P as expected.It also says 8bit BT2020 16:9 YUV444HDR10BUT some detail is missing. Most...
  4. Wireless Display Adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Wireless display adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless display adapter: Just installed the wireless display adapter, followed the instructions, and it worked perfectly. It projected my desktop to my TV perfectly, but then I started playing around with settings and started trying the different display modes. I connected my TV using a display mode...
  6. Wireless display adapters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless display adapters: Does Microsoft have a wireless display adapter that with work on 2 separate projector in the same conference room or can I buy 2 wireless display adapters one for each projector and then connect to them and have the same screen image on both projectors....
  7. Wireless display adapters

Wireless display adapters: Does Microsoft have a wireless display adapter that with work on 2 separate projector in the same conference room or can I buy 2 wireless display adapters one for each projector and then connect to them and have the same screen image on both projectors....
  8. wireless display adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wireless display adapter: I am trying to find the mac address of my wireless display adapter but i cant find it and have no idea how to do it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-display-adapter/757faf92-9bf0-43ae-a92d-f6ef881d3827
  9. Wireless display adapter

Wireless display adapter: I'm trying to connect the wireless display adapter to my pc on windows 11 and when i try to connect it, it shows connecting but after like 5 to 10 seconds it says disconnected i have no idea how to fix it i have troubleshot the best of my ability if there's any other ways...
  10. Wireless Display Adapter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wireless Display Adapter: How to fix this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-display-adapter/3055f568-416e-4290-b86b-e02d69f02d1a