Windows 10: Wireless Display Adapters Firmware Issue

Discus and support Wireless Display Adapters Firmware Issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am hearing that it is not a good idea to update the firmware on the wireless display adapters ... is this true???... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JGoss79, Sep 4, 2020.

1. JGoss79 Win User

Wireless Display Adapters Firmware Issue

I am hearing that it is not a good idea to update the firmware on the wireless display adapters ... is this true???

:)

JGoss79, Sep 4, 2020
  2. Roohi_Taj Win User

Issue with connecting Dual monitor with Wireless Display Adapter

Hi Penny Wells,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I can understand the situation must be difficult for you when things do not work as they should. However, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?
    2. What is the model of the TV?

This issue can occur if there is pending firmware update or the issue with the drivers. I would suggest you to follow the below steps and let us know about the results:

Method 1: Fix connections to wireless displays or docks.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the Microsoft article on
    Fix connections to wireless displays or docks.

Method 2: Troubleshooting Wireless Display Adapters.

If method 1 doesn’t fix the issue, I would suggest you to follow all the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the Microsoft article on
    Troubleshooting Wireless
    Display Adapters
    refer the steps ‘Having trouble connecting your device to the adapter?’

Note: The above article contains steps regarding Firmware update.
    Modifying BIOS settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS
    settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Sep 4, 2020
  3. wireless display adapter firmware update

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To better understand the query, please answer the following questions:

1. What is the make and model of the wireless adapter?

2. Are you referring to updating the Wireless display adapter?

If so, I would suggest you to visit the manufacturer's website and check if there are any updates available.

However, you can try the steps below and check if you are able to update it manually from the computer.

1. Press Windows key + R.

2. Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.

3. If the wireless display adapter is listed, expand it.

4. Right click on the driver and check for updates.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Sep 4, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Display problems with the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter

Hi,

It is possible that you are experiencing an audio and video streaming issues due to a corrupted or an outdated display driver. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Could you tell us the exact error message you received?
    • Have you tried updating your display drivers?
    • Does this happen only when you're streaming a video?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot Wireless Display Adapters. You may expand each section that best describes your situation and check if the issue still persists.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Wireless Display Adapters Firmware Issue - Similar Threads - Wireless Display Adapters

2. Is there offline drivers and firmware for wireless display adapter model:1733.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there offline drivers and firmware for wireless display adapter model:1733.: I am looking for a offline installer for drivers and firmware to support my units wireless hdmi display adapters that we use for our classroom projectors. We got new surface pro's and they don't have the drivers needed to connect to the adapters. We do not have the option to...
  3. Is there offline drivers and firmware for wireless display adapter model:1733.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there offline drivers and firmware for wireless display adapter model:1733.: I am looking for a offline installer for drivers and firmware to support my units wireless hdmi display adapters that we use for our classroom projectors. We got new surface pro's and they don't have the drivers needed to connect to the adapters. We do not have the option to...
  4. Downgrade firmware for Wireless Display Adapter v2 note download firmware not driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downgrade firmware for Wireless Display Adapter v2 note download firmware not driver: Hi, how can i downgrade the firmware not not the driver as been responded on the so many questions on forum, i want to revert firmware to first release....
  5. Downgrade firmware for Wireless Display Adapter v2 note download firmware not driver

Downgrade firmware for Wireless Display Adapter v2 note download firmware not driver: Hi, how can i downgrade the firmware not not the driver as been responded on the so many questions on forum, i want to revert firmware to first release....
  6. Downgrade firmware for Wireless Display Adapter v2 note download firmware not driver

7. Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter Issue: I recently installed a wireless display adapter for a client and confirmed that it shows up in the Connect window on their laptop, but not on their desktop. I ran a DXDiag on the desktop to confirm that Miracast is supported, and it is. The report shows that 1 Miracast:...
  8. Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter Issue

Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter Issue: I recently installed a wireless display adapter for a client and confirmed that it shows up in the Connect window on their laptop, but not on their desktop. I ran a DXDiag on the desktop to confirm that Miracast is supported, and it is. The report shows that 1 Miracast:...
  9. No Audio After Firmware Update - Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter

No Audio After Firmware Update - Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter: Hello. I'm quite vexed by this issue, and wish there were a way to downgrade the firmware on my MWDA. I have the adapter plugged into an HDMI port on my TV a 1080p set. Previously, I had no trouble with audio or video. Everything worked great. The setup I'm using is I have...
  10. How to downgrade the firmware of the Wireless Display Adapter

How to downgrade the firmware of the Wireless Display Adapter: Hello, We have two Microsoft Wireless Display Adapters and one of the firmware version is V.2.0.8350. and another one is V.2.8381 But the higher version Adapter cannot display very well, always cannot display completely. And the lower version one is working well. Could...