Windows 10: Wireless display doesn't show up in devices

Discus and support Wireless display doesn't show up in devices in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to use my laptop as an extended monitor/wireless display for my PC, but it never seems to show up when I'm on the 'Connect' screen. -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ryginator, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Ryginator Win User

Wireless display doesn't show up in devices

Hi, I'm trying to use my laptop as an extended monitor/wireless display for my PC, but it never seems to show up when I'm on the 'Connect' screen.

- Both devices are connected to the same network

- Doesn't show up even if the firewall is turned off

- PC shows up on laptop as a wireless display, but not vice versa

- PC sends and receives packets when pinged by laptop, laptop receives packets but doesn't send any when pinged by PC

- Drivers are up to date

- Laptop is plugged in

- Projecting is set to "Available everywhere"

- No VPNs are used

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

:)

Ryginator, Mar 16, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Wireless display doesn't show up in devices [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Mar 16, 2020
  3. Wireless Display won't connect

Thank you for the additional information you provided. It could be that the firmware has a compatible issue with the latest update of Windows 10. Can you confirm if you have the Microsoft Display Adapter app installed? If yes, you can try to check if there
    are available updates for the adapter.

We would suggest checking this link
    Troubleshooting: Display Adapters
    for the steps that you can follow to possibly resolve the issue. That article would also show you the link Wireless Display Adapter Compatibility to see the list that shows some of the many products that are compatible
    with the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter. Kindly take note that the device only works with Miracast compatible devices.

Keep us posted with the results.

Jomel_Santos, Mar 16, 2020
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Not able to connect wireless display

Hi Madhu,

For us to provide a solution suited to your wireless display concern, we need additional information. Can you answer the questions below?

• Were there any changes made to your device prior to the issue?
    • Did you update your Windows?
    • Have you tried other troubleshooting steps so far?

In the meantime, we suggest updating your wireless driver and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.

• Look for Network adapterand click it to expand.

• Select the driver then right-click on it and select Properties.

• Under Driver tab, click the Update Driver button to update the driver.

We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Anne Ros, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Wireless display doesn't show up in devices - Similar Threads - Wireless display doesn't

2. Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter doesn't show up in app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter doesn't show up in app: Hi I'm having issues setting up a Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter. I can connect to it just fine, but if I want to set it up, it doesn't get detected in the app. Already reinstalled the app, disabled Windows Firewall, but it just don't want to show up.Anyone with any...
  3. Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter doesn't show up in app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter doesn't show up in app: Hi I'm having issues setting up a Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter. I can connect to it just fine, but if I want to set it up, it doesn't get detected in the app. Already reinstalled the app, disabled Windows Firewall, but it just don't want to show up.Anyone with any...
  4. Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter doesn't show up in app

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Unknown devices keep showing up in "Connect to a wireless display"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unknown devices keep showing up in "Connect to a wireless display": I have an older laptop that I often use as a second screen. I use the projection method through Windows' "Connect to a wireless display" in the Display settings. Whenever I click it, there are often times devices listed on there that aren't mine. Does "Connect to a wireless...
  6. Display Drivers showing up on device manager

Display Drivers showing up on device manager: So I uninstall my Display Drivers but I did not check the box when I uninstall it, I don't know if it had anything to do with it but just so you could know and I want to reinstall it again but the Display Driver ion is no where to be found on the device manager. I try...
  7. Unblock Wireless Display Device

Unblock Wireless Display Device: Hello, I wanted to screencast my phone display on to the PC (Windows 10). I did all the procedure of screen-casting via projecting to PC in the settings. Unfortunately I clicked on 'always block' instead of 'always allow' option when the notification came to allow this...
  8. My wireless adapter doesn't show up at all.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My wireless adapter doesn't show up at all.: For the time I've used my PC I've been using ethernet for most of the time, right now I'm on vacation and forced to use wifi to connect to internet. I've looked for the option to enable my wifi/wireless adapter and it doesn't show up at all. Any clue how to fix this?...
  9. Display driver is not showing up in Device Manager.

Display driver is not showing up in Device Manager.: My system info- OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OS Version: 10.0.17763 N/A Build 17763 OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation OS Configuration: Standalone Workstation OS Build Type: Multiprocessor Free...
  10. my Miracast display doesn't show up on my list of wireless displays

my Miracast display doesn't show up on my list of wireless displays: Title says it pretty much. I have an LG TV that always used to connect flawlessly to my ASUS laptop. Tried it for the first time in a month or so and now no joy. Windows doesn't even see it as a possible device that I can connect to . Feels more like a windows update issue...