Windows 10: Wireless Display stops working after 1607 update

Discus and support Wireless Display stops working after 1607 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have Lenovo W540 and wireless display Intel was working as expected with Microsoft Miracast device. I could project my screen on project and stop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RakeshShrivastava1, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Wireless Display stops working after 1607 update

I have Lenovo W540 and wireless display Intel was working as expected with Microsoft Miracast device. I could project my screen on project and stop worrying about cables. It suddenly stopped working. I think some time ago, but found the exact cause now.

So, I had to find out which update is causing the trouble. So, I went to install the oldest version I have for Windows 10. And before every update, tried the wireless display. Post 1607 update it stopped working.

When I go to Intel website, it says with Windows 10, it should be part of Windows 10 update.

I didn't require it; however, with working from home and having just one clean wall for presentation, it becomes important that I don't have to buy 10m HDMI cable or keep moving my devices just to find workaround Windows 10 update issue.

:)

RakeshShrivastava1, Sep 17, 2020
  2. Gino Des Win User

MS Wireless Display adapter stopped 2018

Hi David,

A few possible reasons can be the cause of this problem including a recent update that introduced compatibility issues with the Wireless Display driver. In line with this, we recommend that you update or reinstall the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter driver
    on your PC. Here's how:

• With the Wireless Display Adapter plugged in and powered on, select the
      Start
      button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.

• Expand one of the categories to find the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter device, then right-click on it, and select
      Update Driver.

• Select Search automatically for updated driver software.

If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver: Open Device Manager, right-click the name of the device, and select
    Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

In addition, we suggest that you run the hardware troubleshooter. This tool can help diagnose and fix hardware issues.

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Troubleshooting, and click on
      Troubleshooting
      from the results.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Under Device, click Hardware and Devices.

If the issue persists, you may refer to the following link for additional troubleshooting steps that you can try:

Troubleshooting Wireless Display Adapters

Let us know how it goes so we can assist you further.

If you think this was helpful, do not hesitate to "mark it as answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Gino Des, Sep 17, 2020
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Not able to connect wireless display

Hi Madhu,

For us to provide a solution suited to your wireless display concern, we need additional information. Can you answer the questions below?

• Were there any changes made to your device prior to the issue?
    • Did you update your Windows?
    • Have you tried other troubleshooting steps so far?

In the meantime, we suggest updating your wireless driver and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.

• Look for Network adapterand click it to expand.

• Select the driver then right-click on it and select Properties.

• Under Driver tab, click the Update Driver button to update the driver.

We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Anne Ros, Sep 17, 2020
  4. Wireless Display stops working after 1607 update

wireless display adapter firmware update

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To better understand the query, please answer the following questions:

1. What is the make and model of the wireless adapter?

2. Are you referring to updating the Wireless display adapter?

If so, I would suggest you to visit the manufacturer's website and check if there are any updates available.

However, you can try the steps below and check if you are able to update it manually from the computer.

1. Press Windows key + R.

2. Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.

3. If the wireless display adapter is listed, expand it.

4. Right click on the driver and check for updates.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

Wireless Display stops working after 1607 update

1. Wireless Display stops working after 1607 update - Similar Threads - Wireless Display stops

2. Wireless Display Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Display Not Working: Hello,My Laptop came with Windows 7 and the wireless display option used to work without any issues.I didn't use the option for a long time.Since then I have updated my laptop to Windows 10 and Windows 11.When trying to use the Wireless Display option now it says not...
  3. Wireless Display Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless Display Not Working: Hello,My Laptop came with Windows 7 and the wireless display option used to work without any issues.I didn't use the option for a long time.Since then I have updated my laptop to Windows 10 and Windows 11.When trying to use the Wireless Display option now it says not...
  4. Wireless mouse&keyboard stopped working after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless mouse&keyboard stopped working after update: After implementing the newest Windows update on my computer 20.10.2023 around 2300h, my original Microsoft Desktop 900 Mouse&Keyboard set has stopped working. I've been looking a solution left and right but i was unable to find one. If anybody can assist me with this problem...
  5. Wireless mouse&keyboard stopped working after update

Wireless mouse&keyboard stopped working after update: After implementing the newest Windows update on my computer 20.10.2023 around 2300h, my original Microsoft Desktop 900 Mouse&Keyboard set has stopped working. I've been looking a solution left and right but i was unable to find one. If anybody can assist me with this problem...
  6. Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter Stopped Working: Hello,I work for Coca-Cola and we use Microsoft Wireless Display Adapters to connect to various TV screens when presenting. Randomly the adapters have stopped working for everyone. Could be due to recent Windows updates?When going to connect on the PC, we select the MS...
  7. Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter Stopped Working

Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter Stopped Working: Hello,I work for Coca-Cola and we use Microsoft Wireless Display Adapters to connect to various TV screens when presenting. Randomly the adapters have stopped working for everyone. Could be due to recent Windows updates?When going to connect on the PC, we select the MS...
  8. Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Wireless Drivers stopped working after June 2020 update

Wireless Drivers stopped working after June 2020 update: Hi, Microsoft Community! When I updated my Windows with the June 2020 update, I instantly noticed the wifi of this laptop stopped working. I restarted the laptop and boom it won't boot properly. So, automatic repair got involved so I did the "Reset this PC". To no avail,...
  10. touchpad stopped working after 1607 update

touchpad stopped working after 1607 update: I have an Acer Aspire ES1-711-P14W, When I initially reinstalled my touchpad wasn't working so I installed these drivers from Acer it worked fine until I updated to Version 1607 Build 14393.10: Chipset Intel Chipset Driver 10.1.1.7 IO Drivers Intel Serial IO Driver...