Windows 10: Wireless Driver not functioning properly after several fix attempts

Discus and support Wireless Driver not functioning properly after several fix attempts in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I've finally come here because I've became clueless in the matter: (TL;DR and info below) In order for everyone to understand; here goes: It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JadHajjar, Sep 15, 2016.

1. JadHajjar Win User

Wireless Driver not functioning properly after several fix attempts

Hello, I've finally come here because I've became clueless in the matter: (TL;DR and info below)

In order for everyone to understand; here goes:
    It all started with a random wireless problem on Windows 10 (AU) after a restart, before that there was nothing installed or configured with drivers or programs, just playing games and downloading videos but after the restart the wireless adapter stopped working, even though the driver looked normal with no errors the adapter didn't work at all, my only hope was the Ethernet cable.

I tried a lot of fixes suggested from other people's posts and the best place it got me was to a working adapter (kinda) but whenever I joined a router it just disconnected instantly (to my eyes) and forgets the password, after other attempts I gave up and restore to an older build of Windows 10, but in the process windows went wrong and had the spinning dots problem on every boot up

I then backed up everything and clean installed Windows 10 again (5 days ago), earlier today I had problems with the audio drivers, one of the fixes I tried was using the Driver Verifier command which didn't work for that one problem, after that I changed drivers (downloaded drivers from Lenovo) and the audio worked again

But after a restart my wireless started ****ing up again, it was awkwardly working 1 out of every 3 restarts, I then tried uninstalling the driver and scanning for hardware changes, what it did though is get me back to where I was, the adapter is working but whenever I try to connect to any network, even known ones, it asks for the password and when it should connect it instantly disconnects (acting like it forgets)

TL;DR
    Wireless driver is ****ed up, connecting to a network fails every time, list of things I tried:
    • Uninstalling and installing the driver again
    • Uninstalling and scanning for hardware changes
    • Safe boots
    • troobleshooters
    • Disabling the driver or adapter and enabling again
    • thounsands of restarts
    I have an Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 on a Lenovo Y700
    So if anyone has anything to suggest, even something not to do to prevent this from happening, in case I clean install again, please do
    Picture example when trying to connect

Solved: Solution by Winuser

:)

JadHajjar, Sep 15, 2016
  2. AndrewDoc Win User

Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro 64 bIt

After upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Dolby audio is not working anymore as well as other drivers are not functioning properly anymore. Wireless adapter keeps on disabling automatically. What shall I do to get all the drivers function properly
    with this new Windows? I got Lenovo thinkpad series E431. Thanks Wireless Driver not functioning properly after several fix attempts :)

AndrewDoc, Sep 15, 2016
  3. Kmax3050 Win User
    WiFi Disconnects after Sleep Windows 10

Hi,

I just purchased an HP Envy with Windows 10. I've had the same problem for the past two weeks. It's very frustrating, but I would still choose MS over Apple! After several attempts to fix this problem, updating the drivers on the LAN adapter and the wireless
    adapter fixed it. I also made several power management changes, like turning it off or selecting maximum performance for the screen/display when plugged in.

Good luck.

Kelli

Kmax3050, Sep 15, 2016
  4. Bob338 Win User

I'm having the identical problem on a ASUS laptop with an Intel Centrino card. From my research it's obvious my card, and maybe other Intel cards, don't play nice with Windows 10. I did well with no problems after the initial upgrade but with the Anniversary upgrade things went to pot. You might try what I've already tried without success, which is to try different drivers available from Intel. I've gone through three already. For the price and to avoid further issues I'm just going to change the card to something else that will work with Windows 10. The research on the cards is why I'm here today. I'm tired of hassle and getting other drivers that "might" work.

Bob338, Sep 15, 2016
  5. JadHajjar Win User
    What triggers me is that my Laptop came with Windows 10 installed..
    Though the problems never happened but on the Anniversary Update
    Also, might as well ask, can you usually change the network card in a laptop?

JadHajjar, Sep 15, 2016
  6. Adalwar Win User
    I have a Intel AC 7260 and best is not use the Install from Intel.
    Proceed like:
    Go to Device Manager , Network Device, click on Wifi Card Driver, RIght Click and choice Uninstall. If there is a Box "Delete Driver" check it.
    If the card is a combo and has also BT, delete also BT as well.
    Go to Programs and Features and Uninstall the Software for Wifi and BT.
    Reboot.
    Go to Device Manger and Windows should have installed STD Drivers for Wifi. It take some time until Drivers are installed.
    After you see Drivers, click on it and choice Update Driver. Windows will look online for new Drivers.
    Proceed like this for BT.
    Like this my WiFI and BT are working very nice.

EDIT: Do not Install Intel Software for this Drivers, seems there problems and Wifi and BT are not working in W10 AU

Adalwar, Sep 15, 2016
  7. JadHajjar Win User
    Thanks for the insight
    I'll reply as soon as I get the chance to try it

JadHajjar, Sep 15, 2016
  8. JadHajjar Win User

I tried doing what you said but I came up with this error:

Wireless Driver not functioning properly after several fix attempts [​IMG]

JadHajjar, Sep 16, 2016
  9. Adalwar Win User
    Hi,
    Try to repeat the Uninstall , checking Box to Delete Driver, from Device Manager.
    Make sure under Programs and Features there are no Software Installed for WiFi / BT,
    Reboot
    See if you get Driver installed automatically

Adalwar, Sep 16, 2016
  10. JadHajjar Win User
    I did, I checked the box, checked Programs and Features for anything even remotely related to the wireless
    After the Reboot there was the ! on the driver, it did find a driver online but failed to install it

I then went and uninstalled the USB drivers to fix Code 10, it made the error disappear but the problem was still there, every time I try to connect to a router (any router) it shows connecting for a microsecond and stops

May I ask if it's possible to go back to pre-AU Windows 10 if I clean installed on the AU already? Maybe it's just the AU doing all this since the driver shows nothing wrong, I can even see the available connections

JadHajjar, Sep 16, 2016
  11. Adalwar Win User
    Well, if windows did find a Driver online and could not Install it, there some problem in your system, it should be able to install it straightaway.
    It is time consuming, but I would try to fix before I would roll-back. In my W10.1607.187 it is working OK, at beginn I had problems, few seconds after a FIle Transfer it went to 0Kb/s and stayed there. Removing Intel Install and proceeding as I told you, I got working.
    I propose you this:
    1) Reset you Network (Settings>Network & Internet>Reset Network. Windows will make you wait 5 long Minutes before it Restart *Cool )
    2) Give a Try to TroubleShooter (Control Panel> Troubleshooter and Choice "View All". Options : "Hardware and Devices", "Network Adapter", "Internet Connections" or "Incoming Connections".
    You may want first try the Troubleshooter.

Adalwar, Sep 16, 2016
  12. Bob338 Win User
    I have also tried this fix. Did it twice. I get a connection for a few minutes, it works fine then I get the error, same as previously. It continues to work fine with ethernet cable attached, as now.

Bob338, Sep 16, 2016
  13. JadHajjar Win User

The Hardware and Devices troubleshooter reported the Intel Wireless driver needed a reinstall, though it did not reinstall it by itself
    So I ask; beside uninstalling and scanning for hardware changes, or uninstalling and rebooting or uninstalling and installing a new driver (or update), how should I reinstall the driver?

JadHajjar, Sep 16, 2016
  14. Bob338 Win User
    It also rolls back to a driver that was initially installed on 8/6 at the Anniversary update.

Bob338, Sep 16, 2016
  15. Adalwar Win User
    Windows should install the Driver Itself. If not, there some sort of OS Software Problem.
    If Windows is not installing it correctly, I think Intel Installer will also not Install it correctly.
    You could try to Install Intel Drivers to see if it works.
    There was a Fix somewhere in Forum that some people shut down PC and Pressed for 10s the Power Button and it Solved the Problem.
    You may try that too.
    Last option, is to Start in "Diagnostics Mode". Run>Msconfig.exe>Diagnostics Mode.

Adalwar, Sep 16, 2016
Thema:

1. Wireless Driver not functioning properly after several fix attempts - Similar Threads - Wireless Driver functioning

2. Several Unknown Login Attempts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Several Unknown Login Attempts: I've been getting several Microsoft "single use code" emails off and on since Jan 21st., and checked my security info. I noticed failed several attempts to the tune of every couple minutes for several hours involving a "incorrect password" and they were all associated with...
  3. Several Unknown Login Attempts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Several Unknown Login Attempts: I've been getting several Microsoft "single use code" emails off and on since Jan 21st., and checked my security info. I noticed failed several attempts to the tune of every couple minutes for several hours involving a "incorrect password" and they were all associated with...
  4. I am writing this after several, several attempts of fixing the issue myself but reading...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I am writing this after several, several attempts of fixing the issue myself but reading...: I took my laptop which is MSI GF65 Thin 9SD which is on a Windows 10 64-bit operating system. They said it needed a BIOS update and the issue was resolved. And now 3 days back, the issue repeated itself. The Wifi option is just gone and there's an exclamation mark on the...
  5. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL after several BSOD attempt fixes ntsokrnl.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL after several BSOD attempt fixes ntsokrnl.exe: Hello,Not that long ago I used to get BSODS randomly and constantly when idling and used windows driver verifier and removed the offending drivers till I was able to boot via driver verifier. Everything was fine for a while and I recently started to get BSODS again while...
  6. Sound does not work even after several fix attempts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound does not work even after several fix attempts: After installing a new video card sound does not work: The icon has an X. The troubleshooter does not work Device Manager says This device is working properly Driver update/restart failed several times - both Windows driver and from Right clicking the Sound icon it says...
  7. Windows not functioning properly after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows not functioning properly after update: I recently got the latest feature update for Windows 10. Ever since then, my touchscreen has stopped working, battery icon has grayed out in the taskbar settings and audio has become disabled. I’ve tried literally everything i can to resolve these issues from trying to fix...
  8. Wireless Printer Sever

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless Printer Sever: I have TP-Link TL-WPS510U wireless Printer server that I cannot install in Windows 10, poor me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-printer-sever/27b8ad4a-72a4-43a0-a948-8a6484299dfc
  9. Lost several functions after hard drive replacement

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lost several functions after hard drive replacement: I recently had the hard drive replaced in my Acer laptop. After the drive was replaced, the computer did a bunch of new updates automatically, and now I seem to have lost several functions. I have no sound from the built in speakers. If I plug in external speakers, I get...
  10. how to fix driver this device is not working properly after install driver

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    how to fix driver this device is not working properly after install driver: this device is not working properly because windows cannot load the driver required for this device. (31) Object Name not found. this error was show after i install that driver...