Windows 10: Wireless Drivers stopped working after June 2020 update

Discus and support Wireless Drivers stopped working after June 2020 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, Microsoft Community! When I updated my Windows with the June 2020 update, I instantly noticed the wifi of this laptop stopped working. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JosephCarlo, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Wireless Drivers stopped working after June 2020 update

Hi, Microsoft Community!

When I updated my Windows with the June 2020 update, I instantly noticed the wifi of this laptop stopped working. I restarted the laptop and boom it won't boot properly. So, automatic repair got involved so I did the "Reset this PC". To no avail, the wifi adapter still didn't work...then I encountered some BSOD again...so two "Reset this PC later" the Wifi Adapter worked for a while but then it stopped working again and again. I am currently using the Ethernet Port.

Here is the screenshot of the Device Manager when the wifi adapter worked on the 3rd "Reset this PC":

Wireless Drivers stopped working after June 2020 update 64dff243-3afc-42e8-a80d-1716e0143f9d?upload=true.png

Now, here it is now I am showing hidden drivers:

Wireless Drivers stopped working after June 2020 update 37185a5c-0699-49ce-b2e7-a77d33bd58eb?upload=true.png

I really think this is because of the recent update. I already did the uninstall drivers stuff and that did not work. I kinda scrub the internet for ways before going to the community but it is still happening.

Now a few things to note, sometimes out of the laptop's whim, the wifi does work but when the laptop sleep or shut down, the wifi adapters stops working again.

I hope someone can help me solve this.

Have you guys been experiencing this too?

Thank you very much in advance.

:)

JosephCarlo, Jun 21, 2020
  2. ivanckt Win User

Wireless Hardware/Drivers stopped working in windows 10

My Acer notebook (Aspire VN7-591G, win10 x64) wifi suddenly stopped working yesterday, the wireless adapter complain the driver cannot be loaded. I have tried all the methods I found, but none of these work:

• Using the troubleshooter. It say the "The Qualcomm Atheros AR5BWB222 Wireless Network Adapter adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problems"
    • In device manager, I uninstall the network adapter , then re-scan the hardware change to let it reinstall the driver. Then I got the following: "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39) {Bad
      File} The attributes of the specified mapping file for a section of memory cannot be read.". I choose "update driver", but after some search, it say the driver is already most updated.
    • I download the driver from Atheros AR5BWB222 for win 10 from "Download Qualcomm Atheros wireless driver" and repeat step 2, where I choose to use the downloaded driver, but it say the driver
      is not for the intended platform.
    • I download the driver from Acer "Download Acer Support Drivers and Manuals" and do the same in step 3. No success.
    • I used the windows update, still no success.

So every driver suddenly stopped working in windows 10? What can I do?

ivanckt, Jun 21, 2020
  3. Problem with Dell Wireless 5630's driver

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

The issue you are facing could be due to the wireless driver us outdated. Let’s try simple steps and check if it helps in resolving the issue.

Step 1.

I suggest you to update the wireless driver manually and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for Network adaptor and expand it.

• Right click on the wireless device driver
      and click on update.
    If the issue still persist try the below step.

Step 2.

I would recommend you to go to the dell wireless manufacturer website and download the latest updated wireless driver and install the same. Check if it helps.

Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jun 21, 2020
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Wireless Drivers stopped working after June 2020 update

Wireless mouse "driver is unavailable" issues

Hi,

The error Driver is unavailable means that there is no available driver installed for your mouse that’s why it is not working. We suggest that you check the mouse driver from the device manager. Follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Look for Mice and other pointing devices and click it to expand.
    • Check if there is a driver for the wireless mouse.

If there is none, we suggest that you visit the manufacturer’s website of the mouse and download then install the latest mouse driver compatible to Windows 10.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

Wireless Drivers stopped working after June 2020 update

1. Wireless Drivers stopped working after June 2020 update - Similar Threads - Wireless Drivers stopped

2. Wireless and Bluetooth not working after Windows 10 Update [22nd June]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless and Bluetooth not working after Windows 10 Update [22nd June]: Been really enjoying my Asus Zenbook UX480FD over the past 2.5 years and have faced relatively minor hardware issues up until now. I have noticed previously that my internet cuts out when I am gaming and only when the graphics card is under load, this was verified using...
  3. Wireless and Bluetooth not working after Windows 10 Update [22nd June]

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless and Bluetooth not working after Windows 10 Update [22nd June]: Been really enjoying my Asus Zenbook UX480FD over the past 2.5 years and have faced relatively minor hardware issues up until now. I have noticed previously that my internet cuts out when I am gaming and only when the graphics card is under load, this was verified using...
  4. Wireless and Bluetooth not working after Windows 10 Update [22nd June]

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. June 2020 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    June 2020 update: I run Opera browser and I did my weekly update. I notice after doing the update today that when I open my browser it stays open for about 2 minutes and then closes itself. Im wondering if with the Microsoft edge if this is doing it because windows wants me to use their...
  6. June 2020 update to Sudoku

in Windows 10 Gaming
    June 2020 update to Sudoku: Is there any way to remove just the update to Microsoft Sudoku June 2020? I loved the game prior to the update, I'm no longer interested due to the new version. Thank you....
  7. Windows Update June 2020

Windows Update June 2020: My printer Brother MFC J220 stopped functioning after the June Windows Update. I thought it was because it was an older model as I have had it for several years. I tried uninstalling it, but the printer icon was no longer there all that was there was a small square. I tried...
  8. FIXED printer stopped working after update 10/June 2020

FIXED printer stopped working after update 10/June 2020: Rolled back update and now printer works perfectly. How will we know when the patch to fix this problem is released and that it is safe to update?...
  9. Windows Update June 2020

Windows Update June 2020: Hi! I just noticed a few system issues with my laptop after the June 2020 update. First, after turning on the computer and loading the browser, a lot of "+++" symbols appear on the search bar. This does not apply to the browser alone but to any empty search bar e.g. start...
  10. Windows 10 June 2020 update incompatible with printer driver

Windows 10 June 2020 update incompatible with printer driver: After the June 2020 update of Windows 10, our Brother MFC-6490CW seemed from computer end to print as usual, queue handled properly etc, but no printouts were delivered by the reliable scan and print machine. Scanning and Copying worked as always though. Contacting MS Support...