Windows 10: Wireless gamepad not working

Discus and support Wireless gamepad not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently purchased an easysmx ESM-9101 wireless gamepad to use with my laptop. Plugged it in yesterday and it was working fine, automatically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Quinnsearle, May 24, 2020.

1. Wireless gamepad not working

I recently purchased an easysmx ESM-9101 wireless gamepad to use with my laptop. Plugged it in yesterday and it was working fine, automatically installed drivers and worked great. Went to play today and it will not work. I have tried re-installing the driver but it does nothing, it is set as my default controller as well. If I go to calibrate it, all of the button presses register. How can I fix this?

:)

Quinnsearle, May 24, 2020
  2. J0e3gan Win User

Logitech Wireless Gamepad F710 Not Working with Windows 10

I purchased a Logitech Wireless Gamepad F710 that is supposed to work with Windows 10, and so far it does not.

Windows 10 detects it when I plug in its wireless receiver and turn it on; but in Windows Device Manager, the gamepad shows with a yellow caution icon and is said to not be working properly.

I have tried the gamepad's XInput and DirectInput modes and installed Logitech Gaming Software for it. In Device Manager, I have also tried:

• Automatically updating the gamepad's driver: Device Manager indicates that it cannot find an appropriate driver for it.
    • Browsing to the folder under C:\Users\Joe\appdata\Local\Temp extracted by Logitech Gaming Software's InstallShield installer to update the gamepad's driver, indicating that Device Manager should check subfolders for an appropriate driver too: Device Manager again indicates that it cannot find an appropriate driver.

From the research I did online, I was unable to find a solution either. Has someone on SU had this problem and found a way to resolve it?

J0e3gan, May 24, 2020
  3. J0e3gan Win User
    Logitech Wireless Gamepad F710 Not Working with Windows 10

After more digging, I learned in Logitech's support forums that others have this issue too, also that no one has a solution there either.

After even more digging, I found a fix, which I detailed there and below for completeness.

Microsoft Community Solution

TheTexanGamer's Microsoft Community solution to a similar issue with an Xbox 360 wireless controller and Windows 10 seems to have resolved the problem for me: Xbox 360 wireless controller not working/connecting on windows 10

I had to follow the steps outlined in TheTexanGamer's answer with the F710 in XInput mode:

Results

Screenshots of the results I got follow.

Figure 1: Windows Device Manager After Following TheTexanGamer's Steps<br/>

Wireless gamepad not working bIHSo.png

The Game Controllers control panel tells the rest of the story afterward.

Figure 2: Game Controllers Control Panel (joy.cpl)<br/>

Wireless gamepad not working 8ZEeq.png

Figure 3: Game Controllers > Advanced<br/>

Wireless gamepad not working KJLXN.png

Figure 4: Game Controllers > Controller (Wireless Gamepad F710) > Properties<br/>

Wireless gamepad not working Hu4Y9.png

Figure 5: Game Controllers > Controller (Wireless Gamepad F710) > Properties – D-Pad Pressed Up-Left<br/>

Wireless gamepad not working bW1mc.png

Figure 6: Game Controllers > Controller (Wireless Gamepad F710) > Properties – X Button Pressed<br/>

Wireless gamepad not working 1wT56.png

Figure 7: Game Controllers > Controller (Wireless Gamepad F710) > Properties – Left Thumbstick Held Up-Left<br/>

Wireless gamepad not working 0uNiF.png

Figure 8: Game Controllers > Controller (Wireless Gamepad F710) > Properties – Right Thumbstick Held Down-Right<br/>

Wireless gamepad not working 9Q24d.png

Figure 9: Game Controllers > Controller (Wireless Gamepad F710) > Properties – LT Button Pressed<br/>

Wireless gamepad not working HjQKp.png

Possible Lingering Issues

• The LT and RT buttons affecting Z Axis in the Game Controllers control panel? That does not seem right to me, but maybe I am mistaken.
    • DirectInput? The above solution did not work for me until I switched the gamepad to XInput mode.

J0e3gan, May 24, 2020
  4. Kecso93 Win User

Wireless gamepad not working

I have bought 2 wireless game controller. (Hama urage vendetta 2)
    It works perfect with my laptop. Real plug and play.
    When I connect to my PC (MSI B450 Tomahawk Max motherboard), the PC recognizes, says everything Ok, but when I try the test at gamepad settings, nothing happens. I think the pc recognize the usb stick, but
    the controller can't connect (all leds are flashing)
    What should I do? I tried every usb slot. And the USB slots are working perfect with pendrives and portable winchesters.
    Windows is the same ad in the laptop. All drivers of the motherboard, gamepad, windows is installed. Wireless mouse works perfect too.

Kecso93, May 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Wireless gamepad not working - Similar Threads - Wireless gamepad working

2. Controller/Gamepad not working as it should

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Controller/Gamepad not working as it should: Controller/Gamepad input not working as it should Hi guys, please bare with my explanations as I am really struggling to wrap my head around this issue myself! So my controller inputs are all wonky, or just plain aren't getting picked up at all on Windows 10. I am using a...
  3. The wireless gamepad not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    The wireless gamepad not working: I have a wireless game controller. Hama urage vendetta 2. When I connect to my PC Ashrock b450m pro4 motherboard, the PC recognizes, says everything Ok, but when I try the test at gamepad settings, nothing happens. I think the pc recognize the usb stick, but the controller...
  4. Gamepad not working?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Gamepad not working?: I bought a knock off controller, a Esperanza Gladiator gamepad (I have downloaded the drivers). I have tested it in the settings and it works but whenever I launch a game it does not recognize the inputs. It does not show up in the Devices and Drives section of This PC...
  5. Xbox One wireless gamepad not working with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox One wireless gamepad not working with Windows 10: Here's the problems I'm having: The gamepad will sporadically either turn off xbox light off, or lose connection xbox light flashing. This happens both when I'm running a game, and when I alt tab out of a game. This is an Xbox One wireless controller old model, no bluetooth,...
  6. Gamepad dual vibration not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gamepad dual vibration not working.: I have a Havit hv-g83 dual vibration gamepad. It doesnt vibrate at all and the right stick is inverted. Every game detects it inverted. The driver doesn't work. Help me !!!!!...
  7. Wireless gamepad f710 not working after windows 2004 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless gamepad f710 not working after windows 2004 update: I got the windows 2004 update yesterday and now I realized that my gamepad isn't working, it has always worked fine before this and I never experienced any problems with it, even though I updated the driver many times it's still listed under "other devices" for some reason...
  8. Wireless gamepad not working

Wireless gamepad not working: I have bought 2 wireless game controller. Hama urage vendetta 2 It works perfect with my laptop. Real plug and play. When I connect to my PC MSI B450 Tomahawk Max motherboard, the PC recognizes, says everything Ok, but when I try the test at gamepad settings, nothing happens....
  9. Xbox One gamepads doesn't work anymore with wireless adapter

Xbox One gamepads doesn't work anymore with wireless adapter: Hello all. Almost 6 months ago after some windows 10 update I've noticed that my XBox one gamepads stoped working with PC. It can't bind to the wireless adapter this one: https://www.xbox.com/ru-RU/xbox-one/accessories/adapters/wireless-adapter-windows. And I've been...
  10. Gamepad not working on games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gamepad not working on games: Why QHM7468-2V gamepad is not working, i have tested all the tests and it works properly on all test's, but in games it is not working, i have troubleshooted and reinstalled the drivers and restarted the pc many times and it is still not working in games,please give me the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. easysmx not connecting to dongle

2. easysmx controller stops working esm-9101