Windows 10: Wireless gaming receiver driver is broken (re-post)

Discus and support Wireless gaming receiver driver is broken (re-post) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This is a re-post. After a fresh install of Windows 10 to keep my PC fast, I plugged in my wireless Xbox 360 receiver, not made by Microsoft, instead... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jonas R.V, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Jonas R.V Win User

Wireless gaming receiver driver is broken (re-post)

This is a re-post.

After a fresh install of Windows 10 to keep my PC fast, I plugged in my wireless Xbox 360 receiver, not made by Microsoft, instead made by Akord, popped in the CD to install the necessary drivers, and apparently Windows thinks that it is corrupt, or tampered with, while an up-to-date Windows 7 laptop reads it and installs it with no worries. What is going on? So far, I have tried out copying the CD files onto a USB stick, and using Compatibility mode. It is something to do with "hash for the file not being present in the catalog file". Any suggestions?

:)

Jonas R.V, Apr 16, 2019

2. Pc wireless gaming receiver

Hi Joel,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused, I will be glad to assist you with this.

Just to clarify, you are referring to Xbox Pc wireless gaming receiver, is that right?

If so, I would suggest you to try the steps suggested in the help article below and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot the Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows 10

Also, try running the hardware and devices troubleshooter by following the steps below and check again. It checks for common issues and makes sure that any new device or hardware attached to your computer was installed correctly.

1. Press Windows key + R.

2. Type control and press enter to open control panel.

3. Type troubleshooting in the control panel search box and open it.

4. Click "view all" on the left pane,

5. Run the hardware and devices troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Apr 16, 2019
  3. Techtu Win User
    Assistance Needed: Xbox 360 PC wireless gaming receiver

You could of sent me a link to the place where you got it from *Stick Out Tongue Wireless gaming receiver driver is broken (re-post) :p ... but anyway's here's what I did *Smile Wireless gaming receiver driver is broken (re-post) :)

Right click on Computer
    Go to Properties
    Click on Device Manager
    Right click on the Unidentified Device
    Go to Properties
    Go to the Drive tab
    Click on Update Driver…
    Browse my computer for driver software
    Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
    Windows Common Controller for Window Class
    Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows Version: 2.1.0.1349 [8/13/2009]
    Update Driver Warning
    Click Yes

At first I couldn't see the list what contains what I've highlighted so I clicked the back button and then went forward to that step again and it was right there, so problem solved *Big Grin Wireless gaming receiver driver is broken (re-post) :D

Techtu, Apr 16, 2019
  4. Wireless gaming receiver driver is broken (re-post)

Problem with Dell Wireless 5630's driver

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

The issue you are facing could be due to the wireless driver us outdated. Let’s try simple steps and check if it helps in resolving the issue.

Step 1.

I suggest you to update the wireless driver manually and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for Network adaptor and expand it.

• Right click on the wireless device driver
      and click on update.
    If the issue still persist try the below step.

Step 2.

I would recommend you to go to the dell wireless manufacturer website and download the latest updated wireless driver and install the same. Check if it helps.

Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Apr 16, 2019
Thema:

Wireless gaming receiver driver is broken (re-post)

1. Wireless gaming receiver driver is broken (re-post) - Similar Threads - Wireless gaming receiver

2. Re Lawsuit Postings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Re Lawsuit Postings: I am in if you wish to get a class action against Microsoft, you need find a attorney to take the case and agree with the lawyer that they get a percent of the winnings, Microsoft Edge and Microsoft are infringing on my privacy and rights....
  3. PC wireless gaming receiver

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC wireless gaming receiver: Hello, I have an issue since last Wondows update: The XBOX wireless controller stopped working. I've tried to update the drivers again, but I cannot find the controller in the devices anymore. I wanted to ask what issue could it be and how I can solve it. Many thanks...
  4. wireless receiver

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    wireless receiver: I have a microsoft wireless keyboard combo and I lost the usb receiver. do you know where i can get a replacement? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-receiver/f4c781b4-bc9b-4136-b423-49cb9eaf960a
  5. Driver for wireless gaming controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver for wireless gaming controller: I have a generic wireless pc gaming controller for my Xbox 360 control on the device manager appears as unknown device I try to intstall the driver manually, after the "success installation" still appears as an unknown device I try in different USB ports still the same and I...
  6. PC Wireless Gaming Receiver doesnt work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC Wireless Gaming Receiver doesnt work: Hi Everyone, I use a PC Wireless Gaming Receiver for my Xbox 360 Control this adapater was working good util this past sunday 7/19/2020, on monday my pc did some windows updates then when I was ready to use it my pc doesnt recognize the adpater I already try to install the...
  7. Posting problems - receiving "answers"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Posting problems - receiving "answers": 2-3 weeks ago I posted a problem ("Microsoft is removing app pinned to taskbar 2-3 times per year"). One answer to that problem was 'call this number and Microsoft support will help'. That was pretty naive of me to assume that was the case (that I could actually call and...
  8. Wireless gaming receiver driver is broken

Wireless gaming receiver driver is broken: After a fresh install of Windows 10 to keep my PC fast, I plugged in my wireless Xbox 360 receiver, not made by Microsoft, instead made by Akord, popped in the CD to install the necessary drivers, and apparently Windows thinks that it is corrupt, or tampered with, while an...
  9. Not receiving replies to my posts

in Windows 10 Support
    Not receiving replies to my posts: For the last week or so I have not receive email when someone replies to my posts or threads I have subscribed to. Thank you. 129588
  10. USB Driver issues, Microsoft wireless receiver

USB Driver issues, Microsoft wireless receiver: The driver seems to be working fine, as it detects the device and gives it power. However, when I try to connect my wireless headset (from the Xbox 360) it shows that it finds the receiver but does not connect or show in the audio devices list. It worked perfectly in Windows...