Windows 10: Wireless gaming receiver driver is broken

Discus and support Wireless gaming receiver driver is broken in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After a fresh install of Windows 10 to keep my PC fast, I plugged in my wireless Xbox 360 receiver, not made by Microsoft, instead made by Akord,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jonas R.V, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Jonas R.V Win User

Wireless gaming receiver driver is broken

After a fresh install of Windows 10 to keep my PC fast, I plugged in my wireless Xbox 360 receiver, not made by Microsoft, instead made by Akord, popped in the CD to install the necessary drivers, and apparently Windows thinks that it is corrupt, or tampered with, while an up-to-date Windows 7 laptop reads it and installs it with no worries. What is going on?

:)

Jonas R.V, Apr 15, 2019

2. Pc wireless gaming receiver

Hi Joel,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused, I will be glad to assist you with this.

Just to clarify, you are referring to Xbox Pc wireless gaming receiver, is that right?

If so, I would suggest you to try the steps suggested in the help article below and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot the Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows 10

Also, try running the hardware and devices troubleshooter by following the steps below and check again. It checks for common issues and makes sure that any new device or hardware attached to your computer was installed correctly.

1. Press Windows key + R.

2. Type control and press enter to open control panel.

3. Type troubleshooting in the control panel search box and open it.

4. Click "view all" on the left pane,

5. Run the hardware and devices troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Apr 15, 2019
  3. Techtu Win User
    Assistance Needed: Xbox 360 PC wireless gaming receiver

You could of sent me a link to the place where you got it from *Stick Out Tongue Wireless gaming receiver driver is broken :p ... but anyway's here's what I did *Smile Wireless gaming receiver driver is broken :)

Right click on Computer
    Go to Properties
    Click on Device Manager
    Right click on the Unidentified Device
    Go to Properties
    Go to the Drive tab
    Click on Update Driver…
    Browse my computer for driver software
    Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
    Windows Common Controller for Window Class
    Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows Version: 2.1.0.1349 [8/13/2009]
    Update Driver Warning
    Click Yes

At first I couldn't see the list what contains what I've highlighted so I clicked the back button and then went forward to that step again and it was right there, so problem solved *Big Grin Wireless gaming receiver driver is broken :D

Techtu, Apr 15, 2019
  4. GiSS Win User

USB Driver issues, Microsoft wireless receiver

Not seeing any exact model numbers on these items, and it's been a while so I no longer have the boxes. However here are the links to what I'm talking about:

http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Gamin...eless+receiver

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Wirel...reless+headset

The headset shows that it syncs, but then goes back to flashing and no drivers attempt to install or anything like that. The receiver is installed and shows under Xbox 360 Peripherals > Xbox 360 Wireless receiver for Windows. In Windows 7, the headset would show under Sound Playback and Recording tabs, as it would allow sound through the headset as well as a microphone.

No yellow exclamation points at all in my device manager list, and also checked hidden devices.

EDIT: I'll also add I have tested a 360 controller, which works fine with the receiver. Possibly an audio issue?

Thema:

1. Wireless gaming receiver driver is broken - Similar Threads - Wireless gaming receiver

2. windows 11 Microsoft Wireless receiver 700 v2.0 driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 Microsoft Wireless receiver 700 v2.0 driver: My driver desapeared and trying to reinstall says didnt find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-microsoft-wireless-receiver-700-v20/60c08a79-31f2-46fa-967b-e3d46eeb16ef
  3. windows 11 Microsoft Wireless receiver 700 v2.0 driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 Microsoft Wireless receiver 700 v2.0 driver: My driver desapeared and trying to reinstall says didnt find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-microsoft-wireless-receiver-700-v20/60c08a79-31f2-46fa-967b-e3d46eeb16ef
  4. PC wireless gaming receiver

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC wireless gaming receiver: Hello, I have an issue since last Wondows update: The XBOX wireless controller stopped working. I've tried to update the drivers again, but I cannot find the controller in the devices anymore. I wanted to ask what issue could it be and how I can solve it. Many thanks...
  5. Wireless Driver Gone When Gaming

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless Driver Gone When Gaming: I have a problem when playing a game my wifi driver is always missing, when I troubleshoot windows it always suggests a network reset, but the problem always comes back every time I play a game...
  6. wireless receiver

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    wireless receiver: I have a microsoft wireless keyboard combo and I lost the usb receiver. do you know where i can get a replacement? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-receiver/f4c781b4-bc9b-4136-b423-49cb9eaf960a
  7. Driver for wireless gaming controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver for wireless gaming controller: I have a generic wireless pc gaming controller for my Xbox 360 control on the device manager appears as unknown device I try to intstall the driver manually, after the "success installation" still appears as an unknown device I try in different USB ports still the same and I...
  8. PC Wireless Gaming Receiver doesnt work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC Wireless Gaming Receiver doesnt work: Hi Everyone, I use a PC Wireless Gaming Receiver for my Xbox 360 Control this adapater was working good util this past sunday 7/19/2020, on monday my pc did some windows updates then when I was ready to use it my pc doesnt recognize the adpater I already try to install the...
  9. Wireless gaming receiver driver is broken (re-post)

Wireless gaming receiver driver is broken (re-post): This is a re-post. After a fresh install of Windows 10 to keep my PC fast, I plugged in my wireless Xbox 360 receiver, not made by Microsoft, instead made by Akord, popped in the CD to install the necessary drivers, and apparently Windows thinks that it is corrupt, or...
  10. USB Driver issues, Microsoft wireless receiver

USB Driver issues, Microsoft wireless receiver: The driver seems to be working fine, as it detects the device and gives it power. However, when I try to connect my wireless headset (from the Xbox 360) it shows that it finds the receiver but does not connect or show in the audio devices list. It worked perfectly in Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc wireless gaming receiver driver windows 10