Windows 10: Wireless Headphones - How to disable mute/ no volume [0%] and max volume [100%] beep noise?

Discus and support Wireless Headphones - How to disable mute/ no volume [0%] and max volume [100%] beep noise? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The solution below will solve removing beep noise the problem: Open Windows Registry regedit.exe. Jump to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by 000qwerty, Oct 23, 2020.

1. 000qwerty Win User

Wireless Headphones - How to disable mute/ no volume [0%] and max volume [100%] beep noise?

The solution below will solve removing beep noise the problem:

1. Open Windows Registry regedit.exe.

2. Jump to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Bluetooth\Audio\AVRCP\CT

3. Create REG_DWORD DisableAbsoluteVolume and set it's value to 1.

4. Restart PC

But, it will cause issues when I try to change the volume from my headphones. They no longer control the master volume / volume mixer, but still adjusts the sound level when volume up/down is pressed.

So, is there a way to remove the beep noise altogether without doing that registry change?

Note: There is no beep noise when I change the volume to 100% or 0% on the built-in Laptop speakers.

:)

000qwerty, Oct 23, 2020

2. remote volume control

Hi,

Before last major windows update, I was able to control the volume of my Bluetooth speakers via the volume buttons of my laptop (on the keyboard an the physical ones). Now I cant. Also, after the update, with Bluetooth speakers when I press the volume buttons
    it makes a beep at every volume step, without physical change in the volume level of course. Only the bar goes from 0 to 100%. At zero it mutes the sound however. With plugged-in speakers there is no such problem and also there is no beep. What could be the
    problem?

ΔημήτρηςΜαλταμπές, Oct 23, 2020
  3. How can i get the volume mixer sound for a particular game if it's muted from volume mixer

OT- Sound Issues

Since programs are only listed in volume mixer if they are "making sound", and you mute it from volume mixer, how can you get it back as listed on volume mixer because if it's muted from volume mixer then it won't make sound for volume mixer to identify
    therefore you can never get it back, but I need volume for the game I'm playing. Is there a way to get it to reappear even though it's permanently muted? I've been searching for an answer but it's all saying to make the program make noise so it registers,
    but it's muted from volume mixer, so how do I get it to make noise??

SummerMarceaux, Oct 23, 2020
  4. MarkL057 Win User

Wireless Headphones - How to disable mute/ no volume [0%] and max volume [100%] beep noise?

Volume control only 100% or 0%

Hiya,
    Not sure if this is in the right place but got a weird one.

The volume slider on my pc displays correctly, slides from top to bottom fine, but 1%-100% outputs the same volume (as far as I can tell it outputs 100%) and 0% correctly mutes the output.
    Programs like VLC and WMP allow me to change the volume that they output fine, but windows controller just doesn't.

I've reinstalled windows since this began but no change.

Anyone had a similar problem?

Thanks in advance, Mark.

MarkL057, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Wireless Headphones - How to disable mute/ no volume [0%] and max volume [100%] beep noise? - Similar Threads - Wireless Headphones disable

2. Program volume always at 100 even when main volume is muted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program volume always at 100 even when main volume is muted?: There is one program on my computer Age of Empires 2 if that's relevant that always sounds like the volume is at the maximum, even when I slide the main volume mixer down to zero, lower PC volume with the F2 key, or mute my PC with the F1 key. This seems to only happen when I...
  3. Program volume always at 100 even when main volume is muted?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program volume always at 100 even when main volume is muted?: There is one program on my computer Age of Empires 2 if that's relevant that always sounds like the volume is at the maximum, even when I slide the main volume mixer down to zero, lower PC volume with the F2 key, or mute my PC with the F1 key. This seems to only happen when I...
  4. Volume is VERY loud even when it's at 2% slider volume. Everything is 100% MAXED VOLUME

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume is VERY loud even when it's at 2% slider volume. Everything is 100% MAXED VOLUME: Hi, I recently installed AMD drivers and after the installation and updates of all drivers, my laptop volume maxed to 100%. I tried to lower it down using the slider button. I don't know what to do anymore. All drivers are up to date and installed. pls help...
  5. Volume is VERY loud even when it's at 2% slider volume. Everything is 100% MAXED VOLUME

Volume is VERY loud even when it's at 2% slider volume. Everything is 100% MAXED VOLUME: Hi, I recently installed AMD drivers and after the installation and updates of all drivers, my laptop volume maxed to 100%. I tried to lower it down using the slider button. I don't know what to do anymore. All drivers are up to date and installed. pls help...
  6. Volume locks at 0 or 100

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume locks at 0 or 100: I have reached out to Microsoft several times with the following issue and also read through the threads associated with the problem, have taken all suggestions including booting in Safe Mode, clean boot and have rebuilt the workstation to OS 11, nothing works. Occasionally...
  7. Volume locks at 0 or 100

Volume locks at 0 or 100: I have reached out to Microsoft several times with the following issue and also read through the threads associated with the problem, have taken all suggestions including booting in Safe Mode, clean boot and have rebuilt the workstation to OS 11, nothing works. Occasionally...
  8. Volume either maxed or muted

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Volume either maxed or muted: So I recently bought a new PC and when it's hooked up to my TV (via HDMI), when I adjust the volume even just by 2 the sound goes to max. What I'm trying to say is I can either have the sound off, or on 100% as the volume changing does nothing, it's either muted or maxed out....
  9. disable muting when volume at 0?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    disable muting when volume at 0?: hiya! so i just installed w10 on my laptop (was running 7 previously,) and my computer always had this weird lil kink where if you muted the audio, it would make a loud pop through the speakers. this never really bothered me in w7 cause i could just turn the volume down to 0,...
  10. Volume control only 100% or 0%

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume control only 100% or 0%: Hiya, Not sure if this is in the right place but got a weird one. The volume slider on my pc displays correctly, slides from top to bottom fine, but 1%-100% outputs the same volume (as far as I can tell it outputs 100%) and 0% correctly mutes the output. Programs like...