Windows 10: Wireless headphones not getting any sound but as I disable the headphone's mic it starts...

Discus and support Wireless headphones not getting any sound but as I disable the headphone's mic it starts... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am experiencing an issue with the wireless headphones. When I start watching the videos on any platform youtube, hotstar etc. I don't get any sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JaSachdeva, Oct 18, 2021.

1. Wireless headphones not getting any sound but as I disable the headphone's mic it starts...

I am experiencing an issue with the wireless headphones. When I start watching the videos on any platform youtube, hotstar etc. I don't get any sound in the headphones. but when I disable the headset mic in recording settings. It starts working. When I test both the playback devices, I get sound on headset and not on headphones. I tried several settings like making the headset as default device/ default communication device but its of no help. I have to disable the headset mic to get the sound on the headphone and headset as well.

:)

JaSachdeva, Oct 18, 2021
  2. MisterEd Win User

Computer Won't Use Headphone Mic

Are you using a wired or wireless connection?

If you are using Bluetooth you will find there is a gotcha when using a headset with a microphone. With Bluetooth 4.x there is not enough bandwidth for both the headset's stereo speakers and the microphone at the same time. If the headset's speakers are used in mono mode then the microphone will work. Here is the information from my computer:
    I I left-click on speaker icon on taskbar tray I see my options for the speakers:

• Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio) = Laptops built-in speakers
    • Headphones (Arctis 3 Bluetooth Stereo) = Headphones stereo mode
    • Headphones (Arctis 3 Bluetooth Hands-Free AG Audio) = Headphones mono mode
    I found out that if I select "Headphones (Arctis 3 Bluetooth Hands-Free AG Audio)" the headset microphone will work.

Wireless headphones not getting any sound but as I disable the headphone's mic it starts... [​IMG]

However, I found that next time the computer might choose "Headphones (Arctis 3 Bluetooth Stereo)". Then the headset speakers will work but the the headset microphone will not work.

To ensure that the right selection is always done automatically I have to go further and set the default to "Headphones (Arctis 3 Bluetooth Hands-Free AG Audio)".
    Note I can always override this at any time. To do this...
    I right-click on speaker icon on taskbar tray and left-click on Sounds

Wireless headphones not getting any sound but as I disable the headphone's mic it starts... [​IMG]

The first tab Playback is for the speakers

• Headset = Headphones mono mode
    • Headphones = Headphones stereo mode
    • Speakers = Laptops built-in speakers

The second tab Recording is for the microphone

• Headset = Headset's microphone
    • Microphone Array = Laptop's built-in microphone
    • Stereo Mix = N/A

To ensure that both the headset speakers and microphone work at the same time I set the default playback to Headset. This will put the headset in mono mode and allow the microphone to work. Note that if I disconnect the headset the computer will automatically revert back to using the built-in speakers and microphone.

MisterEd, Oct 18, 2021
  3. Aman Win User
    Headphone mic not working with laptop 3.5mm port

I have sennheiser hd4.40 wireless headphone. I also got a cable with headphone having 2.5mm pin(attached to headphone) to 3.5mm pin(attached to mobile phone).

Problem is that when i connect 3.5mm pin to my mobile phone headphone jack, in call i am able to use mic and headphone both at same time but:

1. When i connect the 3.5mm pin to 3.5mm jack for mic on my laptop, i am not able to use the mic.(my laptop has separate 3.5mm mic and 3.5mm headphone jack)
    2. When i connect to 3.5mm jack for headphone, only headphone is working with laptop not mic.

Please do not suggest why I am not using Bluetooth because it is a separate problem.

I am missing something or maybe this may be limitation or something else. Help me on this. :-(

4. Wireless headphones not getting any sound but as I disable the headphone's mic it starts...

Mic/Headphone ports not working correctly - Acer Aspire 7745

The speakers are 'plugged in' already as it is a laptop. With no external mic, headphones or external speakers plugged in, the Sound Control Panel lists three things under 'Playback' - HDMI, 'Speakers' and 'Realtek Digital Output' - the Speakers under 'Playback' is set as the default.

Under 'Recording' with no external mic plugged in these are listed - 'Microphone', 'Line In' and 'Stereo Mix' (Disabled) - the microphone (in this case, the internal one) is set to 'Default' under 'Recording' as well.

I don't have my headset here to test an external mic right now, but with normal external headphones plugged in, there is no change to the Sound Control Panel under 'Playback' - the same three listings (HDMI, 'Speakers' and 'Realtek Digital Output') with 'Speakers' set as the Default. If I make a noise, say, play a video, I can see the sound meters move to the sound, but no sound comes out of the headphones.

Darkstrike, Oct 18, 2021
Thema:

Wireless headphones not getting any sound but as I disable the headphone's mic it starts...

1. Wireless headphones not getting any sound but as I disable the headphone's mic it starts... - Similar Threads - Wireless headphones getting

2. My wireless headset gets detected as wireless headphones with no mic but audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wireless headset gets detected as wireless headphones with no mic but audio: The built in mic wouldnt work and the wireless headset is detected as headphones and i can only hear the audio but i cant talk or call people on my computer...
  3. My wireless headset gets detected as wireless headphones with no mic but audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My wireless headset gets detected as wireless headphones with no mic but audio: The built in mic wouldnt work and the wireless headset is detected as headphones and i can only hear the audio but i cant talk or call people on my computer...
  4. Wireless headphones not getting any sound but as I disable the headphone's mic it starts...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless headphones not getting any sound but as I disable the headphone's mic it starts...: I am experiencing an issue with the wireless headphones. When I start watching the videos on any platform youtube, hotstar etc. I don't get any sound in the headphones. but when I disable the headset mic in recording settings. It starts working. When I test both the playback...
  5. Wireless headphones not getting any sound but as I disable the headphone's mic it starts...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wireless headphones not getting any sound but as I disable the headphone's mic it starts...: I am experiencing an issue with the wireless headphones. When I start watching the videos on any platform youtube, hotstar etc. I don't get any sound in the headphones. but when I disable the headset mic in recording settings. It starts working. When I test both the playback...
  6. Headphones not detected but headphone mic is

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones not detected but headphone mic is: I've been searching for an answer for this and anything I've seen has not worked and it seems like no one has my exact issue. My headphone mic is detected in my sound input devices but my headphones are not detected at all in my output devices. I've tried a bunch of things...
  7. Headphones playing sounds but not working as Mic

Headphones playing sounds but not working as Mic: I have a headset and the sound plays through them but when I want to use the mic that come with it, the laptop uses the mic integrated. The headset uses a aux cable not USB, the laptop comes with a function to detec which devices is connected, such as mic, speakers, headset...
  8. how to disable mic monitoring in headphones

how to disable mic monitoring in headphones: I am a singer and I can't get rid of the mic monitoring in my headphones or speakers. This makes it impossible to record myself, as not only is there a slight delay, it is too loud and I can't hear the music. I prefer to have it turned off entirely. I have a windows 10 all in...
  9. Connecting Mic on Wireless Headphones

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Connecting Mic on Wireless Headphones: I got a pair of Song WH-CH510 Wireless Headphones yesterday. I connected them to my Inspiron 14’s bluetooth and their audio works perfectly fine. However I can’t connect the mic on these headphones no matter what I do. It doesn’t show up in the drop list in input settings, it...
  10. Echoing sound with headphone mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Echoing sound with headphone mic: Hi. Does anyone know how to stop the sound from being tinny and echoing when recording using the camera app and a headphone mic set? I don't really understand what the sound settings do, so I might have set them wrong....