Windows 10: Wireless Headphones Stereo Mode suddenly stopped working

Discus and support Wireless Headphones Stereo Mode suddenly stopped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; One night I was on a video call with my wireless headphones and all of a sudden, the auto just dropped out. I disconnected and reconnected them with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Frank_el_Tank, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Wireless Headphones Stereo Mode suddenly stopped working

One night I was on a video call with my wireless headphones and all of a sudden, the auto just dropped out. I disconnected and reconnected them with change since I was no longer getting any audio. I made sure to check the audio sources on my computer and nothing worked, Stereo mode would just not produce any sound Regardless of what pair of wireless headphones I use, no sound will come through them when they are in stereo mode. Hands-free mode is great for calls, but quality otherwise is not the best. In the sound mixer, I can see that the sound is supposed to be playing through the stereo mo

:)

Frank_el_Tank, Jun 17, 2021
  2. kamalaggi Win User

Bluetooth headphones suddenly stopped working.

HI,

My Bluetooth headphones have suddenly stopped working. They were working fine this morning. The headphones are connected and I see it in devices + printers but I no longer see it in playback devices.

Any ideas?

Wireless Headphones Stereo Mode suddenly stopped working [​IMG]

kamalaggi, Jun 17, 2021
  3. MisterEd Win User
    Computer Won't Use Headphone Mic

Are you using a wired or wireless connection?

If you are using Bluetooth you will find there is a gotcha when using a headset with a microphone. With Bluetooth 4.x there is not enough bandwidth for both the headset's stereo speakers and the microphone at the same time. If the headset's speakers are used in mono mode then the microphone will work. Here is the information from my computer:
    I I left-click on speaker icon on taskbar tray I see my options for the speakers:

• Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio) = Laptops built-in speakers
    • Headphones (Arctis 3 Bluetooth Stereo) = Headphones stereo mode
    • Headphones (Arctis 3 Bluetooth Hands-Free AG Audio) = Headphones mono mode
    I found out that if I select "Headphones (Arctis 3 Bluetooth Hands-Free AG Audio)" the headset microphone will work.

However, I found that next time the computer might choose "Headphones (Arctis 3 Bluetooth Stereo)". Then the headset speakers will work but the the headset microphone will not work.

To ensure that the right selection is always done automatically I have to go further and set the default to "Headphones (Arctis 3 Bluetooth Hands-Free AG Audio)".
    Note I can always override this at any time. To do this...
    I right-click on speaker icon on taskbar tray and left-click on Sounds

The first tab Playback is for the speakers

• Headset = Headphones mono mode
    • Headphones = Headphones stereo mode
    • Speakers = Laptops built-in speakers

The second tab Recording is for the microphone

• Headset = Headset's microphone
    • Microphone Array = Laptop's built-in microphone
    • Stereo Mix = N/A

To ensure that both the headset speakers and microphone work at the same time I set the default playback to Headset. This will put the headset in mono mode and allow the microphone to work. Note that if I disconnect the headset the computer will automatically revert back to using the built-in speakers and microphone.

MisterEd, Jun 17, 2021
  4. odoug Win User

Wireless Headphones Stereo Mode suddenly stopped working

How can I stop windows from recognising the mic in my wireless headphones?

I have a pair of wireless headphones that has a built-in fairly bad microphone for taking calls ect. This works fine on a phone where it automatically switches from headphone stereo mode to hands-free, mic on, call mode. However, Windows detects this as
    "Connected, Music, Voice" which means that other programs such as discord "running in the background" try to use the mic as it is the default input. However, this turn the headphones into headset mode meaning it works as a bad mic but you can't hear anything
    and all other playback stops. The headphones also show up as 2 devices; Headphones Stereo, and Headphones Hands-Free. However, I always have it on stereo mode and even disabled hands-free mode in audio manager but discord and other programs work independently
    of this and take control. Is there a way to make windows only detect the headphones as "Connected, Music" and not recognize the mic or is there another solution anyone can think of that may fix this problem.

odoug, Jun 17, 2021
Thema:

Wireless Headphones Stereo Mode suddenly stopped working

1. Wireless Headphones Stereo Mode suddenly stopped working - Similar Threads - Wireless Headphones Stereo

2. Stereo HeadPhone and Microphone are not working together

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stereo HeadPhone and Microphone are not working together: I have a Bluetooth NeckBand Redmi SonicBass Earphones, I connected to my PC via Bluetooth, It works as ususal. It has 2 Devices for Speakers and 1 Mic as Shown BelowSpeakers 2:Microphone 1:Problem is, If I'm in a call the Stereo Speaker is Getting disconnected.If I disable my...
  3. Stereo HeadPhone and Microphone are not working together

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stereo HeadPhone and Microphone are not working together: I have a Bluetooth NeckBand Redmi SonicBass Earphones, I connected to my PC via Bluetooth, It works as ususal. It has 2 Devices for Speakers and 1 Mic as Shown BelowSpeakers 2:Microphone 1:Problem is, If I'm in a call the Stereo Speaker is Getting disconnected.If I disable my...
  4. Stereo not working on my headphones

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stereo not working on my headphones: So my stereo is suddenly not working. I don't know if I accidentally turned it off somehow, but when I connect my headphones to my computer they only play on one channel. I have seen multiple videos and articles trying to help but none of them seem to work. My headphones do...
  5. Headphones stopped working all of a sudden at work

Headphones stopped working all of a sudden at work: I had an issue where my headphones suddenly stopped working, and while troubleshooting went through all the possible online solutions: making sure drivers were updated, sound was on and off mute, checked the sound setting for correct default etc., all to no avail. I found an...
  6. My Wireless Connection Suddenly Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Wireless Connection Suddenly Stopped Working: Hi, I was watching Netflix on my HP Pavilion Laptop, running Windows 10 (64-bit) when my WiFi connection quit on me out of nowhere. Other devices are still connected, but not the laptop. When I look in Network Connections, it doesn't even list anything other than Ethernet...
  7. Wireless LAN Driver suddenly stopped working

Wireless LAN Driver suddenly stopped working: Hi, Recently, my wireless LAN driver has stopped working. The only thing which I'm aware of which could've caused this is probably my constantly putting my laptop to sleep. I didn't install any new software recently, and upon checking, my Windows is currently up to date....
  8. My headphones stopped working all of a sudden

My headphones stopped working all of a sudden: I have the Black ASTRO Gaming MixAmp Pro TR, and I've had it for a long time, I was using it fine, just minding my own business, when all of a sudden I think I clicked a button or something, and the sound went completely off. So I tried restarting... didn't work, I tried...
  9. My headphones stopped working all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Support
    My headphones stopped working all of a sudden: I have the Black ASTRO Gaming MixAmp Pro TR, and I've had it for a long time, I was using it fine, just minding my own business, when all of a sudden I think I clicked a button or something, and the sound went completely off. So I tried restarting... didn't work, I tried...
  10. Bluetooth headphones suddenly stopped working.

Bluetooth headphones suddenly stopped working.: HI, My Bluetooth headphones have suddenly stopped working. They were working fine this morning. The headphones are connected and I see it in devices + printers but I no longer see it in playback devices. Any ideas? [img] 34800