Windows 10: Wireless Headset Audio Cutting In and Out While Gaming Only

Discus and support Wireless Headset Audio Cutting In and Out While Gaming Only in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Whenever using either of my two wireless headsets while playing games, the audio will randomly cut out for a second or so then come back. This happens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by eaglelioncobrasnake, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Wireless Headset Audio Cutting In and Out While Gaming Only

Whenever using either of my two wireless headsets while playing games, the audio will randomly cut out for a second or so then come back. This happens repeatedly and seemingly at random intervals, and only while I'm playing a game. I can watch a feature length movie or any number of YouTube videos, and I can chat on Discord at length, and I never have any audio issues. As soon as I fire up a game though, the game audio starts the random cutting out thing.

My two wireless headsets are the Logitech G533 Gaming Headset and the Corsair Void RGB Elite, and I get the same issue with both. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers for each headset, and the same with the hub software for each Logitech G HUB and Corsair iCue. I've tried re-syncing each headset with it's dongle. I have tried connecting the dongles for each headset to all the USB ports on my computer - including those on my Dell monitor. Same result in all cases.

I've run through all the troubleshooters I can find related to audio. I've tried adjusting audio settings and made sure there were no enhancements enabled. I've tried turning off Xbox Game Mode, per a suggestion I saw in a forum post about a related audio issue. I've tried SFC and DISM, again per a related post I saw.

I have also tested with a pair of Bose speakers I have connected to the audio jack on my Dell monitor, which is connected via DisplayPort 1.2 cable to my Radeon RX 580 GPU. I have not seen the issue replicate while using the speakers. It only seems to happen while I'm using one of my headsets.

My system info:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041
    Other OS Description Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Manufacturer System manufacturer
    System Model System Product Name
    System Type x64-based PC
    System SKU SKU
    Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-2700K CPU @ 3.50GHz, 3501 Mhz, 4 Cores, 8 Logical Processors
    BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 3802, 1/15/2015
    SMBIOS Version 2.6
    Embedded Controller Version 255.255
    BIOS Mode UEFI
    BaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer INC.
    BaseBoard Product P8Z68-V PRO GEN3
    BaseBoard Version Rev 1.xx
    Platform Role Desktop
    Secure Boot State Unsupported
    PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
    Windows Directory C:\Windows
    System Directory C:\Windows\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
    Locale United States
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.19041.488"
    Time Zone Eastern Standard Time
    Installed Physical Memory RAM 16.0 GB
    Total Physical Memory 16.0 GB
    Available Physical Memory 8.14 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 18.3 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 3.69 GB
    Page File Space 2.38 GB
    Page File C:\pagefile.sys
    Kernel DMA Protection Off
    Virtualization-based security Not enabled
    Device Encryption Support Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and device is not Modern Standby, Un-allowed DMA capable bus/devices detected, TPM is not usable
    Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
    Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
    Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware No
    Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

:)

eaglelioncobrasnake, Jan 30, 2021

2. Headset mike not recognized - can't open Audio Manager

You could try going into settings and running the 'Troubleshooter'. Although this might not work as I think it may be a software/driver issue.

Wireless Headset Audio Cutting In and Out While Gaming Only [​IMG]

Ah okay. I have had a look at the manufacture Nubwo, and there doesn't seem to be any official drivers or software listed.

Thus I would suggest we try and uninstall everything related to the headset, and then let everything install automatically, as it had done on the other desktop (assuming everything was automatically configured, and it just worked).

1.) See if you can first remove the Realtek Audio Manager 1.0.0.222 software by uninstalling it.
    • Settings > Apps > Click on the app and select 'Uninstall.'

2.) After that right click on Start menu (*Start) and select 'Device Manager'
    • Under the 'View' tab, select 'Show hidden devices'
    • Then click on the arrow before 'Sound, video and game controllers' as well as 'Audio inputs and outputs' (this should drop down to reveal a list of audio drivers and headsets)
    • I can help you with which driver (in relation to your headset) to uninstall, if you post back with a screenshot.

Optional.) Or if you are comfortable with knowing which driver to uninstall, then do so
    • Right click on the driver name > Uninstall (Check 'delete software for this device'). Perform a restart and plug the headset back in.

ellellell1, Jan 30, 2021
  3. SteelSeries Introduces the New H Wireless Headset for Multi-Platform Gaming

SteelSeries, the leading global manufacturer of gaming peripherals and accessories, today introduced the multi-platform H Wireless Headset. Its robust sound, lag-free wireless and versatile functionality bring superior audio to a wide range of platforms, including PC, Mac, mobile devices, consoles, home entertainment, streaming devices and more. Packed with features that combine comfort with technology and convenience, the new headset meets the demands of even the most discerning gamer in a wireless audio solution for the living room.

"SteelSeries headsets deliver three important things to gamers: great sound, incredible comfort and technology that makes it easy and convenient to use," said Bruce Hawver, SteelSeries CEO. "We have always prided ourselves on delivering exceptional audio for gaming. The H Wireless headset does that and takes it to the next level, bringing a world-class audio experience to every aspect of our users' gaming and entertainment lives."

Wireless Headset Audio Cutting In and Out While Gaming Only SteelSeries_H_Headset_01_thm.jpg

Wireless Headset Audio Cutting In and Out While Gaming Only SteelSeries_H_Headset_02_thm.jpg

Cutting-Edge Wireless Performance
    Powered by SteelSeries' next-generation drivers, the H Wireless produces rich, balanced, accurate audio with the surround-sound of three Dolby technologies:
    • Dolby Digital reproduces multichannel audio for a cinematic audio experience
    • Dolby Headphone recreates the sensation of up to 7.1-channel multi-speaker surround sound in headphones
    • Dolby Pro Logic IIx optimizes the surround sound experience for the most realistic multi-directional sound
    The biggest challenges in wireless gaming audio have always been interference and lag, and the H Wireless headset uses best-in-class technology to deliver a smooth, lag-free wireless performance unlike any other. The H Wireless achieves this through a fixed-latency, frequency-hopping system that is continuous and automatically searches between available wireless frequencies to ensure responsive and uninterrupted audio performance for the listener. Gamers will find that using the H Wireless Headset enables them to enjoy the sound quality and signal reliability of a wired headset without the tangles and inconveniences of cables.

Innovative Gaming Features
    The H Wireless headset brings to market two gaming-specific audio functions that have been designed to create the optimal chat and audio experience.
    • ChatMix lets the user set the right balance between game audio and chat audio for the perfect balance of game volume and communication levels
    • LiveMix brings automation to that process, dynamically reducing game audio to the level of the user's choice only when chat audio is detected
    Steelseries Sound: Everywhere, with Ease
    While delivering an excellent wireless gaming experience across PC, Mac, Xbox and PlayStation, the H Wireless also extends well beyond gaming audio and into broader forms of entertainment like TV, movies or streaming from an Apple TV, Roku or other media devices. Users can even connect the H Wireless headset to their mobile devices; the included mobile cable connects to the headset's Sound Share port, which allows for use with any mobile device. All of the cables and accessories that make these connections possible, ship with the H Wireless.

The all-black headset, with contrasting glossy and matte black finishes, has virtually an unlimited battery life. It ships with two 20-hour lithium-ion batteries, meaning one can charge while the other is in use, so listeners never have to go wired. For added convenience, the sleek transmitter box doubles as the extra battery's storage and charger.

The H Wireless is lightweight for longwearing comfort, thanks to memory foam ear cushions and extra padding on the headband, both with a smooth, leather-like surface for passive noise reduction. The headset's retractable microphone features an LED indicator to indicate when it is muted. SteelSeries also advocates sharing: the headset includes a Sound Share port, which enables another user to connect his or her own headset and listen in.

Controlled either from the transmitter box directly or through a clickable scroll wheel found on the top of the right earcup of the headset, the H Wireless Headset allows its user to control everything without having to get up from the couch. Users will even appreciate its ability to save up to 5 audio profiles for easy and quick access to customized sound settings when switching from different types of gaming and entertainment. The transmitter is a small, compact box that blends easily into any desktop or entertainment center. Its bright OLED display clearly shows menus and setting options from connectivity to battery, Dolby status and audio settings like LiveMix. It delivers multiplatform compatibility, thanks to an array of inputs and outputs, which includes: USB (mini), Optical In and Out (S/PDIF), Analog In (3.5mm, 3-pole) and Chat Out (3.5mm, 3-pole).

The SteelSeries H Wireless Headset is available to pre-order now for $299.99 MSRP and will begin shipping this month. More information about the headset can be found at http://steelseries.com/hwireless.

Cristian_25H, Jan 30, 2021
  4. btarunr Win User

Wireless Headset Audio Cutting In and Out While Gaming Only

Skullcandy Intros PLYR2 Wireless Gaming Headset

Skullcandy, Inc., a high-growth, performance lifestyle audio brand, today announced the launch of the Skullcandy PLYR2 Wireless Gaming Headset - the second in the company's new line of gaming headsets designed to deliver a unique combination of high quality audio performance, cutting-edge features and a stylish aesthetic for gamers worldwide. Available now, the Skullcandy PLYR2 is the first ever wireless headset developed by Skullcandy and features a host of innovations designed to deliver the best possible gaming experience through dramatically improved audio performance. The Skullcandy PLYR2 is entirely platform agnostic providing perfectly pitched audio and crystal clear voice chat via the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC, Mac and most mobile gaming solutions.

Wireless Headset Audio Cutting In and Out While Gaming Only 239a_thm.jpg

"The crossover between sport and gaming has been growing for decades and has gotten to a point where the two are nearly inseparable – gamers love action sports and sportsmen love to game," said Nate Morley, VP Marketing and Creative, Skullcandy. "This is why we're developing new cutting-edge products, such as the SLYR, PLYR2 and PLYR1 which are both authentic to the Skullcandy ethos and can comfortably live and play in both worlds."

Following on the heels of the recently released Skullcandy SLYR wired gaming headset, The Skullcandy PLYR2 takes the next evolutionary step by providing gamers with a completely wire-free gaming experience. The innovations do not stop there as the Skullcandy PLYR2 also features: 2.4Ghz wireless technology for improved performance and reliability; Skullcandy's proprietary Supreme Sound technology delivering more precise highs and deeper lows; a GMX Stereo Transmitter allowing for the custom balancing of Game and Voice sound; three distinct EQ3 Sound Modes – Bass Mode, Supreme Mode and Precision Mode -- designed specifically to enhance games, movies and music; and, an adjustable boom mic with an easy-to-use flip-up mute mode

Skullcandy's new line of gaming headsets includes: the studio's first ever wireless gaming headset the Skullcandy PLYR2, which is available now in black, white and teal for $129.99; the previously released Skullcandy SLYR wired gaming headset, also available now in black, white and blue for $79.99; and, the Skullcandy PLYR1, which will become available in early 2013, featuring 2.4Ghz wireless audio and Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound.

The wireless Skullcandy PLYR2 gaming headset is now available directly through the company's website at www.skullcandy.com for $129.99. Retail partners include Gamestop, Target and Best Buy online. For more information about Skullcandy, please visit www.skullcandy.com/gaming.

btarunr, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

Wireless Headset Audio Cutting In and Out While Gaming Only

1. Wireless Headset Audio Cutting In and Out While Gaming Only - Similar Threads - Wireless Headset Audio

2. My microphone cuts in and out only while playing video games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microphone cuts in and out only while playing video games.: I am on Windows 11. Whenever I play a video game my microphone becomes chopping. That is, my friends will hear the first word I say and then nothing else. It doesn't matter if I am on Discord, Xbox Parties, or using an In Game Voice Chat.The input is totally fine and...
  3. Audio Cutting out when in Games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Cutting out when in Games: For some reason whenever I am in games my audio will randomly cut out for a few seconds and then come right back. However, if I am listening to a youtube video or on a voice call with someone at the same time my game audio will cut out, but the audio from the video/call...
  4. Audio Cutting out when in Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Cutting out when in Games: For some reason whenever I am in games my audio will randomly cut out for a few seconds and then come right back. However, if I am listening to a youtube video or on a voice call with someone at the same time my game audio will cut out, but the audio from the video/call...
  5. Audio Cutting out when in Games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Audio cutting out on headset

Audio cutting out on headset: I am new to using forums so you will have to excuse me if i am doing something wrong.Background:My headset corsair virtuoso keeps cutting out i hear something for 1/2 a second and then nothing for 4-10 seconds. this process repeats when my cpu is under high load but game is...
  7. Audio cutting out on headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio cutting out on headset: I am new to using forums so you will have to excuse me if i am doing something wrong.Background:My headset corsair virtuoso keeps cutting out i hear something for 1/2 a second and then nothing for 4-10 seconds. this process repeats when my cpu is under high load but game is...
  8. Audio cutting out on headset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Headphones Cut In/Out While Gaming

Headphones Cut In/Out While Gaming: My headphones will randomly cut out while I'm gaming. I've noticed in the taskbar that it's just the headphones being disconnected, and I've already tried updating/reinstalling my audio drivers as well as running the built-in troubleshooters. I also scanned for any corrupt...
  10. Speaker audio cutting out in games only

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Speaker audio cutting out in games only: I have two audio outputs I use, a "Realtek Digital Audio" output going to a headset (steelseries sibera 800) and a "Speakers" output going to a stereo system. Both outputs use the same Realtek audio driver. Problem is, when I launch any game using the "Speakers" output, all...