Windows 10: Wireless headset mic is too quiet, boost options are limited to +/- 3dB?

Discus and support Wireless headset mic is too quiet, boost options are limited to +/- 3dB? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently I tried connecting my gen 1 Sony Gold wireless headset to my Surface Pro 6 via dongle. It installed just fine, was recognized right away, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Andrew440, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Andrew440 Win User

Wireless headset mic is too quiet, boost options are limited to +/- 3dB?

Recently I tried connecting my gen 1 Sony Gold wireless headset to my Surface Pro 6 via dongle. It installed just fine, was recognized right away, and I am able to hear sound and use the mic, but my mic volume is extremely low. I've maxed all settings for it and the input volume is averaging 10-12% when talking normally see screenshots. Also, I noticed that I should be able to increase the boost by +40dB, but for some reason my max is 3dB?

Wireless headset mic is too quiet, boost options are limited to +/- 3dB? 1dc46492-bf79-4e92-a2c7-5050552a2841?upload=true.jpg Wireless headset mic is too quiet, boost options are limited to +/- 3dB? ec83d0bc-9a02-4925-9e04-f7119d9b82b2?upload=true.jpg Wireless headset mic is too quiet, boost options are limited to +/- 3dB? bcb4df30-55e0-47fb-a1b3-a10d0d7c79e8?upload=true.jpg

I've made sure to run all Windows updates as well as all Surface updates. I was on Windows 10 v1902 at first but currently I am on Windows 10 Version 20H2 v10.0.1904 Build 19042. I tried to uninstall the device, reset the dongle/headset itself, using third party apps such as Equalizer Pro standalone and also with Peace, and there is no change.

I should note, it works perfect on my PS4.

Thoughts? Ideas?

:)

Andrew440, Nov 9, 2020
  2. Gwain96 Win User

USB Headsets Do Not Have a Boost Option?

I use a Corsair VOID Wireless headset. My microphone is too quiet. In my device settings, I have "Levels" set to 100%. In Corsair Utility Engine, I have the input set to 100%. In Discord and in my Games, I have the input set to 100%. But it is still too
    quiet.

Recording Device Properties is supposed to have a "Microphone Boost" in the Levels tab.

So where is it?

From what I've read, USB microphones do not seem to have a boost option. Why is the option gone? How can I get it back? If I can't get that option, how am I supposed to make myself audible?

A few things I have done, before people start suggesting the obvious:

• I have already turned my microphone input volume up as high as it will go in the "Levels" tab. I will flip a table if somebody suggests that I should simply "turn up the levels in Recording Device Properties."
    • I have checked Realtek HD Audio Manager. Realtek does not recognize my headset, as it is a USB headset. Realtek only manages audio coming in through the audio jacks on the back of the PC Chassis. There are no input devices shown in Realtek HD Audio Manager,
      and Realtek drivers have nothing to do with USB microphones of any type, not excluding the USB headset I am using.
    • I went so far as to go into the device manager and Clicked the Administrator "Change Settings" button in the properties window for my headset. I browsed the list of available drivers on my computer and changed my driver to "USB Audio Device," then restarted.
      This solved zero problems, and it also removed all functionality of Corsair Utility Engine. I rolled back the drivers and reinstalled the firmware of my headset to fix that new issue.
    Please help.

Gwain96, Nov 9, 2020
  3. Mic too quiet at full boost

I have no idea what to do. I am pretty sure all my drivers are up to date (the ones that matter, anyways), and my mic is still fairly quiet. Is there a way to boost my mic volume past 30 db in command prompt or something?

Rix Yarbrough, Nov 9, 2020
  4. Wireless headset mic is too quiet, boost options are limited to +/- 3dB?

[Problem] No mic boost option?

Hi, Im having an audio problem right now.
    I have a Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3 motherboard. Running Windows 8.1.
    The problem is that I have no mic boost options in my audio settings for my usb nor my 3.5 jack mic as show in the picture.
    I have installed the the drivers that came with the motherboard but there was also no option for mic boost so I went and got the drivers from the gigabyte website and VIA website as well.
    Neither gave me the option for mic boost.
    This is very irritating as when I am in chats, my friends cannot hear me.
    I have also included my DxDiag.

Wireless headset mic is too quiet, boost options are limited to +/- 3dB? micproblem-png.png

1nSaNeAs1aN, Nov 9, 2020
Thema:

Wireless headset mic is too quiet, boost options are limited to +/- 3dB?

1. Wireless headset mic is too quiet, boost options are limited to +/- 3dB? - Similar Threads - Wireless headset mic

2. Mic is too quiet on pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mic is too quiet on pc: My Realtek audio mic is incredibly quiet. I've checked the driver updates and there aren't any. When I turn up my microphone boost, it crackles. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-is-too-quiet-on-pc/6cf785b0-42d7-4807-ad58-0853659ecc54
  3. Mic is too quiet on pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic is too quiet on pc: My Realtek audio mic is incredibly quiet. I've checked the driver updates and there aren't any. When I turn up my microphone boost, it crackles. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-is-too-quiet-on-pc/6cf785b0-42d7-4807-ad58-0853659ecc54
  4. Headset mic is too quiet in Windows apps, but not in other apps!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset mic is too quiet in Windows apps, but not in other apps!: So I am using the Bose QC 35 II Gaming headset for gaming, chatting on discord, recording, and streaming. When using with my PC, this is a WIRED headset, not bluetooth. I have Windows 10. My volume is plenty loud enough my friends tell me in Discord, and I can hear for myself...
  5. Headset mic is too quiet in Windows apps, but not in other apps!

Headset mic is too quiet in Windows apps, but not in other apps!: So I am using the Bose QC 35 II Gaming headset for gaming, chatting on discord, recording, and streaming. When using with my PC, this is a WIRED headset, not bluetooth. I have Windows 10. My volume is plenty loud enough my friends tell me in Discord, and I can hear for myself...
  6. Headset mic is too quiet in Windows apps, but not in other apps!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Oculus Quest 2 Causes Headset Mic to be Too Quiet

Oculus Quest 2 Causes Headset Mic to be Too Quiet: Not long ago my headset mic started to have an issue where it was far too low. It could recognize my voice but I had to put all the sound levels to max and put the mic right on or even inside my mouth, and even then it was still very quiet. I found a fix but this happened...
  8. Oculus Quest 2 Causes Headset Mic to be Too Quiet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Oculus Quest 2 Causes Headset Mic to be Too Quiet: Not long ago my headset mic started to have an issue where it was far too low. It could recognize my voice but I had to put all the sound levels to max and put the mic right on or even inside my mouth, and even then it was still very quiet. I found a fix but this happened...
  9. Oculus Quest 2 Causes Headset Mic to be Too Quiet

10. No boost option for mic

No boost option for mic: So I got a new mic today and when I went to the properties for it I only saw a slider for volume and nothing for boost, it is a microphone that connects to the pc via usb and does not need a driver to be installed. Could someone please help me out here I don't really know how...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot