Windows 10: Wireless headset USB issues

Discus and support Wireless headset USB issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an old Logitech H760 headset that I've struggled to get working reliably for years. It's sat in a box for ages, but now almost all my meetings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by justposted, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Wireless headset USB issues

I have an old Logitech H760 headset that I've struggled to get working reliably for years. It's sat in a box for ages, but now almost all my meetings and phonecalls are online from home I need it again.

When I plug into my main PC it doesn't connect. Windows recognises it, installs a driver and shows it under 'Bluetooth and Other Devices.' But the ilttle green light on the dongle and the headset just flash endlessly and there is no sound.

I've discovered that it works on my Raspberry Pi and sometimes on my laptop. In fact I have just found that it worked on one USB port on my work laptop for about 5 minutes and then stopped (lights went back to flashing). Since plugging it into the other USB port on my laptop it has now started working again. When I plugged something (a Wacom tablet) into the other port, the headset stopped working (lights turned off entirely), but when I unplugged and plugged back in it came back. Under Device Manager / H760 / Properties it says, "Driver Management concluded the process to install driver wdma_usb.inf_amd64_d4f7f6fd843ed0fd."

Given that it clearly works in some situations, I assume this is some sort of USB driver conflict and not a hardware issue. Can anybody suggest a process to try and resolve it? Hopefully the laptop thing gives some clues. I have tried adding as a generic bluetooth device, but it is not recognised so presumably the dongle is creating some sort of locked-down bluetooth connection.

Thanks in advance.

:)

justposted, Mar 30, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Wireless headset USB issues :p

cadaveca, Mar 30, 2020
  3. GiSS Win User
    USB Driver issues, Microsoft wireless receiver

The driver seems to be working fine, as it detects the device and gives it power. However, when I try to connect my wireless headset (from the Xbox 360) it shows that it finds the receiver but does not connect or show in the audio devices list. It worked perfectly in Windows 7, and I have already attempted to uninstall and reinstall the drivers.

On a side note, there seems to be a fair amount of USB issues when upgrading from Win7--at least for me. My keyboard (Logitech Wave, wireless) also had issues on upgrade, and still doesn't register in Win10 unless I use it on one of my front USB 2.0 ports.

4. Wireless headset USB issues

Master volume for USB headset not working. Win10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand that the USB Headset audio controller is not working. I will definitely assist you.

This issue may occur due to audio controller is corrupt. Try the below methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1.

I would suggest you try to connect in different port and check f it helps. If the issue still persist try below method.

Method 2.

I would suggest you to run sound audio troubleshooter, it will automatically detect the problem and fix it. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + R and click on Control Panel.
    • Click on View by: category and click on Small icon.
    • Now click on troubleshooting and click on Hardware and Sound.
    • Click on Playing Audio and Click on Next button.

Method 3.

I would suggest you to un-install the audio controller from the Device Manager and check if helps. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows key + R and type devmgmt.msc and hit the Enter.
    • Go into Device Manager and expand Universal Serial Bus controller.
    • And right click every device under the Universal Serial Bus controllers node related to USB headset and remove them at a time.
    • Restart the computer, and then reinstall the USB controllers.

Hope this helps, post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

Wireless headset USB issues

1. Wireless headset USB issues - Similar Threads - Wireless headset USB

2. USB Wireless Headset Keeps Disconnecting & Reconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Wireless Headset Keeps Disconnecting & Reconnecting: I use my Logitech H600 wireless headset with my Windows 11 HP Laptop. The headset keeps getting disconnected and reconnected even when it's not in use. I tested the headset with a Windows 11 Asus PC and it works fine. Apparently, the issue is with my laptop....
  3. USB Wireless Headset Keeps Disconnecting & Reconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Wireless Headset Keeps Disconnecting & Reconnecting: I use my Logitech H600 wireless headset with my Windows 11 HP Laptop. The headset keeps getting disconnected and reconnected even when it's not in use. I tested the headset with a Windows 11 Asus PC and it works fine. Apparently, the issue is with my laptop....
  4. Wireless USB Headset popping sounds only

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless USB Headset popping sounds only: I have a set of Roccat Elo 7.1 Air Headphones, and they recently they stopped working on this pc only, periodically giving faint pop sounds. The headset works on other devices and even windows computers but this one doesnt seem to work anymore. Key notes:-The headset is...
  5. Wireless USB Headset popping sounds only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless USB Headset popping sounds only: I have a set of Roccat Elo 7.1 Air Headphones, and they recently they stopped working on this pc only, periodically giving faint pop sounds. The headset works on other devices and even windows computers but this one doesnt seem to work anymore. Key notes:-The headset is...
  6. Wireless USB Headset popping sounds only

7. Microsoft Modern Wireless Headset Standby issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Modern Wireless Headset Standby issue: Hello,i have the similar issue like this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/de-de/windows/forum/all/microsoft-modern-wireless-headset-stand-by/f6eba474-8822-4b8a-93d8-48861a4be832Recently bought the Modern Wireless Headset but it will disconnect when it is not used for an...
  8. Microsoft Modern Wireless Headset Standby issue

Microsoft Modern Wireless Headset Standby issue: Hello,i have the similar issue like this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/de-de/windows/forum/all/microsoft-modern-wireless-headset-stand-by/f6eba474-8822-4b8a-93d8-48861a4be832Recently bought the Modern Wireless Headset but it will disconnect when it is not used for an...
  9. Microsoft Modern Wireless Headset Standby issue

10. Corsair Wireless USB headset not working

Corsair Wireless USB headset not working: Hi my Corsair headset all of a sudden stopped working. I have tried everything from rebooting, reinstalling drivers, editing playback devices, etc. The problem is it shows up in device manager under "Sound, video and game" it does not show up in audio manager in the recording...