Windows 10: wireless HP Officejet 3830 printer

Discus and support wireless HP Officejet 3830 printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can not connect my wireless HP Officejet 3830 to my HP laptop whenever I shut the printer & or Laptop off this will happen I seem to need them both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PatMooney1, Jan 17, 2020.

1. wireless HP Officejet 3830 printer

I can not connect my wireless HP Officejet 3830 to my HP laptop whenever I shut the printer & or Laptop off this will happen I seem to need them both in their sleep mode????

:)

PatMooney1, Jan 17, 2020
  2. Ed Kemble Win User

How to make HP Officejet 3830 print in color?

How do I make my HP Officejet 3830 all-in-one print in color?

Ed Kemble, Jan 17, 2020
  3. Printer missing from drop-down menus

Thanks for the reply, Ken.

Here's what I did this morning.

1. Removed usb cable
    2. powered HP 3830 printer down
    3. deleted printer device and its drivers
    4. rebooted pc
    5. inserted CD that came with the printer and ran setup
    6. printer setup offered to download the HPEasyStart app, which I did
    7. ran HPEasyStart and followed all of its instructions
    8. HPEasyStart offers wired or wireless install. I chose wired (USB)
    9. While between HPEasyStart steps, I got Windows 10 popups in the lower-right of the screen indicating ‘printer install complete’, so I wonder if Windows plug-n-play is interfering with HP’s install.
    10. I continued with HPEasyStart. It gave me an option of installing ‘Full Software and Drivers’ or ‘Basic Drivers’. I installed Full Software and Drivers
    11. I get a ‘Device Setup Complete’ Windows popup in the lower-right portion of the screen.
    12. The HPEasyStart screen says, “Device connection unsuccessful”. The device was not able to connect successfully over the USB cable. Please check the cable connections and then click Retry to try again.”
    13. There is now an entry for this printer in Devices and Printers. In Devices and Printers → Properties → Hardware, Device Status is: “This device is working properly”. Clicking Properties (in the Hardware tab, as opposed to ‘Properties’ when right-clicking on the printer icon in Devices and Printers), in the Driver tab, Driver Provider is “HP”, Driver Date is “3/4/2017”, and Driver Version is “40.11.1113.1762”. In the Events tab: “Driver Management concluded the process to install driver hpwia_….with the following status: 0x0”
    14. In MS-Word → Print → pull-down menu, I see an entry for ‘Fax – HP OfficeJet 3830 Series’.
    15. Still in the ‘Device connection unsuccessful’ screen (see above), I click the Retry button. This results in a Windows popup windows: “device undergoing additional setup“ and “HP device has completed setup”
    16. I try a second USB cable and click the Retry button in the Device Connection Unsuccessful screen. It fails again with “The device was not able to connect successfully over the USB cable”
    17. I can print to a Canon printer using either of these cables connected to the PC that I am using to try to connect to the HP 3830.
    18. I exit HPEasyStart.
    19. I wonder if the ‘fax’ menu item is actually the printer, so I try to print to the ‘Fax - HP 3830’ pull-down menu choice from MS Word, and I get a popup, “The printer is not installed”
    20. I download and run the HP app, ‘Troubleshooting HP printer software installation’, which suggests, “Solution 1: Restart the computer and reinstall the HP software’. So, I powered down the printer, unplugged the usb cable, and restarted the pc.
    21. After PC restart, the Troubleshooting app automatically ran and provided a link for HP Printer Install Wizard, which downloaded hppiw.exe, which I ran.
    22. I followed the Wizard instructions, and it gave a screen, “The following printers were detected and are connected to your computer” and an empty list. Maybe the Wizard doesn’t know about the 3830? So, I clicked on ‘My printer is not listed”, which takes me to a screen that suggests that I (re-)connect the USB cable or make sure that the printer is on the PC’s network before proceeding.
    23. I configure the 3830 for wireless and it got an IP address from my router.
    24. Back in the printer Wizard, I clicked on the ‘My printer is not listed’ button and checked the ‘My printer is already configured for use on the same network as my computer’ and clicked Next. The Wizard found and listed the’HP OfficeJet 3830 Series’. I selected it and clicked Next. The Wizard tried to discover and reported ‘The selected device is not currently supported by this Wizard.’ I exited the Wizard.
    25. If I do [WindowsKey] Q and type Printer and click ‘Printers and Scanners’, the list includes these two items:

• HP OfficeJet 3830 Series App available for this device’
      • HPA2882A (HP OfficeJet 3830 Series) Driver is unavailable

1. If I take either of these two USB cables and attach them to a Windows 8.1 PC, I can print to the 3830.

So, it is as though the 3830 driver is not installed correctly or there is a USB problem.

JustSomeGuy, Jan 17, 2020
  4. SarahKong Win User

wireless HP Officejet 3830 printer

HP OFFICEJET 3830 NOT PRINTING PDF

Go to search and type printer

Open the printers and scanners settings.

Click your printer and remove it.

Then click add a printer or scanner and reinstall it.

Below is the link for your drivers.

See if that works.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservic...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

SarahKong, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

wireless HP Officejet 3830 printer

1. wireless HP Officejet 3830 printer - Similar Threads - wireless Officejet 3830

2. printer HP 3830

in Windows 10 Gaming
    printer HP 3830: i use this printer with pc the problem is the printer ask for paper but the paper is normally supplied at the printer level : which solution ??Edit by G225: French to English!...
  3. printer HP 3830

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    printer HP 3830: i use this printer with pc the problem is the printer ask for paper but the paper is normally supplied at the printer level : which solution ??Edit by G225: French to English!...
  4. HP Officejet 3830 scanner problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    HP Officejet 3830 scanner problems: I was trying to scan a document to my computer, but it will not work. It says "The scan could not be completed. Make sure that the scanning software has been installed and configured on your computer, and then try again." But I'm not sure how to figure out if its configured....
  5. HP OfficeJet 3830

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP OfficeJet 3830: HELP!!! I used my printer a few days ago to print a color picture and all was working well. I have tried for the last two days to print a picture in color and it will only print in B&W. It does not give me the option to switch from B&W to Color. I have uninstalled &...
  6. HP 3830 Printer

HP 3830 Printer: My printer prints only in black and white because in the initial preferences page there is no color choice, only monochrome, but my test page prints in color. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-3830-printer/f83bd6ae-1a9e-4f48-bd37-bc98425c7eb1
  7. Priter driver HP Officejet 3830

Priter driver HP Officejet 3830: Hi, I recently upgraded to Win 10 2004, since then I cannot print in colour from pc. If I do test print on printer colour works ok, all print jobs from pc are in black & white. I have uninstalled and reloaded all HP software,same for apps and drivers, still no joy. Please...
  8. Print on HP OfficeJet 3830 printer

Print on HP OfficeJet 3830 printer: the command box doesn't offer "print" as an option. It just says "copy, scan and fax". What happened to "print"? How can I find it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-on-hp-officejet-3830-printer/a3bef7da-87a1-4476-88a9-89c6ee4a5edc
  9. HP Officejet 3830 not printing

HP Officejet 3830 not printing: My HP 3830 has been printing very well since I bought it, over a year ago. Running Windows 10 with Word etc and had no issues. (Lenovo Laptop, again no issues). I think there was an update yesterday to Windows, as when I shut down last night it said 'Update and shutdown'....
  10. HP OFFICEJET 3830 NOT PRINTING PDF

HP OFFICEJET 3830 NOT PRINTING PDF: Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/hp-officejet-3830-not-printing-pdf/b6a9aaf0-dd8a-45b4-84fa-a0bb0c402521