Windows 10: Wireless internet connection problems may be a wireless network adapter problem

Discus and support Wireless internet connection problems may be a wireless network adapter problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For several weeks I have been having problems with my wireless internet connection dropping out every few days. I always use Troubleshoot Problems and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FiggisPD, May 20, 2021.

1. FiggisPD Win User

Wireless internet connection problems may be a wireless network adapter problem

For several weeks I have been having problems with my wireless internet connection dropping out every few days. I always use Troubleshoot Problems and the result is usually a Network Adapter Problem. First if I disconnected and reconnected a few times it would sort the problem but more recently the problems occurs more frequently - about six times last night - and I have to spend more time trying to reconnect.My Internet Provider has checked the line and it's working OK. The Adapter Drivers up to date and the best drivers for the device are installed.I searched

:)

FiggisPD, May 20, 2021
  2. Cybie1111 Win User

Wireless router/adapter problem.

I have a Linksys WRT54G router which is 3 years old and have a Linksys WMP54G wireless adapter that I am using to connect to the Internet via wireless. I am currently having problems connecting to online games. Thinking that my router was the problem, I attempted to connect to another wireless network and join an online game. I was able to connect, but was having the same problems ( lag spikes and disconnects ) as my wireless network and it has about 40% less signal strength than my wireless signal. But here is the odd part... When I connected to my network again and joined the same game, the lag gets even worse than it was from the weaker signal and I was getting 98% signal strength. And 90% of the time, the game would eventually crash to the desktop when it attempts to connect to a server.

Internet browsers are also starting to be affected. Sometimes websites load normally. But from now and then, I would have to refresh the webpage because it is starting to take quite a long time to load a webpage which would of taken me a few seconds to load rather than a minute. There also some delays when webpages are loading and then the webpage would eventually load normally after a abnormal 5-10 second delay.

Would this be a sign for me to get a new router and wireless adapter? If so, what do you recommend?

I am willing to spend up to $150 USD for a router and wireless adapter from any brand.

Cybie1111, May 20, 2021
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Problem with wireless connection

Hi,

What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the following link:

Wired and wireless network problems

Fix Wi-Fi connection issues in Windows

Also applies to Windows 10.

If the issue persist, I suggest you to un-install the current version of wireless card driver installed and then try to download and install wireless card drivers from your computer manufacturer website and check.

Follow the steps on how to un-install the wireless card driver.

• Press Windows Key + X.

• Select Device Manager.

• Expand Network adaptors.

• Right click on wireless card driver and select
      Un-install.
    Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click
    OK to remove the driver.

After the un-installation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible.

Computer will load the network adaptor card. Now you may check with the issue.

If the above steps doesn't help, I suggest you to login to other computer which has internet connectivity, visit the computer manufacturer website of the issue computer and then download the latest driver
    for the wireless card and save it to a external flash drive. Once you successfully save the drivers setup file, insert the flash drive on the issue computer and then try to install the drivers and check with the issue.

Please reply us on the status of the issue to assist you further.

Yaqub K, May 20, 2021
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Sick of Wireless adapters problems

Just switch to powerline adapters, wireless is the most unreliable connection to a network possible.

newtekie1, May 20, 2021
Thema:

1. Wireless internet connection problems may be a wireless network adapter problem - Similar Threads - Wireless internet connection

2. Problem connecting to internet wireless

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem connecting to internet wireless: I have a problem connecting internet wi-fi after this installation: 2023-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5022287I have Windows 11 Enterpreis version 21H2.I' ve already tried to update driver but nothing resolved the issue....
  3. Problem connecting to internet wireless

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem connecting to internet wireless: I have a problem connecting internet wi-fi after this installation: 2023-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5022287I have Windows 11 Enterpreis version 21H2.I' ve already tried to update driver but nothing resolved the issue....
  4. Wireless network adapter problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless network adapter problem: I've had a problem with my wireless network adapter for a few months. I've tried everything but the problem keeps coming back.My wireless network adapter works for a while then it turns off network connections and i can't turn it back on, after rebooting it becomes hidden...
  5. Wireless network adapter problem

Wireless network adapter problem: I've had a problem with my wireless network adapter for a few months. I've tried everything but the problem keeps coming back.My wireless network adapter works for a while then it turns off network connections and i can't turn it back on, after rebooting it becomes hidden...
  6. Wireless network adapter problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Wireless adapter problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless adapter problems: I accidentally deleted the wireless adapter on my PC. How do I reinstall it? I tried a system restore but they keep failing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-adapter-problems/91ce3847-8964-41a5-93f8-557cea221ca1
  8. Wireless adapter problems

Wireless adapter problems: I accidentally deleted the wireless adapter on my PC. How do I reinstall it? I tried a system restore but they keep failing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-adapter-problems/91ce3847-8964-41a5-93f8-557cea221ca1
  9. Wireless Network Adapter experiencing problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless Network Adapter experiencing problems: Hi, my first question! So my battery storage capacity was very low so I tried a diagnostic startup from System Configuration. This essentially 'broke' my computer. I fixed everything except for the Wi-Fi. I troubleshooted and the wireless network adapter works, but it's...
  10. Problem connecting to wireless. Adapter is corrupt

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem connecting to wireless. Adapter is corrupt: I have an Acer Aspire F5-572 and it doesn't show me any networks floating around. I have had to connect it to the Ethernet cable which is in a really inconvenient part of the house. When i try to troubleshoot the problem it says "Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 Wireless Network...