Windows 10: Wireless internet extremely slow speeds

Discus and support Wireless internet extremely slow speeds in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Been trying to diagnose extremely slow wireless internet speeds. Windows 10 version 1809, build 17763.316. Wireless adapter is a Broadcom BCM43142... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GeordieGibson, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Wireless internet extremely slow speeds

Been trying to diagnose extremely slow wireless internet speeds. Windows 10 version 1809, build 17763.316. Wireless adapter is a Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn Adapter.

Using linetest.nz shows an average download speed of approx. 1-1.5mbps, sometimes as high as 5, or as low as 0.3. The router was first suspected and has been changed to the network providers supplied Netcomm AC1600, which hasn't helped the situation.

I've tried all the channels on the router, to no avail. Resetting the router doesn't change the situation. Router is currently placed no more than 5m from the netbook, with clear line of sight - nothing in between. A netbook connected through an ethernet cable will show download speeds of up to nearly 60mbps, so I don't think it's the connection.

Only this netbook and a wireless printer are connected to the 2.4ghz channel. The printer appears to have no effect - it is usually only turned on for a few hours of the day then turned off.

Rebooting the netbook can sometimes fix the issue for around 15 to 20 minutes, with speeds climbing to around 30mbps. Windows network troubleshooter once found an issue saying something along the lines of "wires were disconnected/broken", and seemed to sort the issue momentarily, before speeds plummeted again. Since then, the troubleshooter hasn't found an issue. Resetting the network through Windows 10 will also improve the speed, however this is a 15 to 20 minute solution.

I have disabled Windows from turning off the power to the wireless card, with no effect. I have also Googled and tried every solution from refreshing the IP addresses to basically uninstalling the network card drivers and reinstalling. Disabling the firewall makes no difference either.

Anyone else have any suggestions? I'm not as good on computers as I used to be so if you need log files or more info let me know how to get it and I'll provide the information, it would be nice to be able to sort this issue instead of having a wireless network that is completely useless, or having to reset the network (and reboot the notebook) every time I want to download an email.

:)

GeordieGibson, Feb 18, 2019

2. Asus N580VD slow internet speed

Hi Blair,

There are several factors that affect your internet speed. A few would be connection speed, network traffic, hardware capability, and type of connection. To help us identify what might be causing the slow internet speed on your laptop, allow me to ask the
    following information:

• How's your laptop connected to the network? Is it directly wired to the modem/router or wirelessly connected?
    • Were your other computers that were getting 100 Mbps download speed connected to the same network?
    • Were there other devices connected to the network while you tried to download?
    • Have you tried connecting your laptop to a different network? Did you get the same internet speed?

In the meantime, please run a speed test on your laptop. If the internet speed is slower that your internet package, then you may try to update the drivers of your network adapters to ensure that it's up-to-date. Please check out and follow the steps provided
    on this link: Update drivers in Windows 10.

If you're trying to download while your laptop is wirelessly connected to your network, then kindly check its wireless adapter speed by checking its Wireless Network Connection Status. Follow these steps:

1. Right-click the wireless icon on your system tray, click Open Network & Internet settings, then click
      Wi-Fi.
    2. On the right pane, click Change adapter options.
    3. Right-click your Wireless Network Connection and click
      Status

Please take a screenshot of the status page and kindly include it on your reply.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 18, 2019
  3. Internet speeds extremely slow

How do I fix slow internet speeds on a laptop running windows 10, other computers running windows 8 are fine?

Deanea (live.com, Feb 18, 2019
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Wireless internet extremely slow speeds

Slow Internet speed on only one computer.

Hi Cody,

Slow internet speed on one of your computer could be due to the following:

• Outdated network adapter driver
    • Different Wi-Fi chipset
    • Computer processing speed

Make sure that the network driver of your computer(s) are always updated.

We also suggest you to contact your internet service provider for them to check your internet connection speed and give you more information.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Remon Ont, Feb 18, 2019
Thema:

Wireless internet extremely slow speeds

1. Wireless internet extremely slow speeds - Similar Threads - Wireless internet extremely

2. Extremely slow internet speeds on my computer completely randomly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extremely slow internet speeds on my computer completely randomly.: I've had my network card TP-Link WiFi 6 AX3000 PCIe WiFi Card Archer TX3000E for about two years now and only now has this problem started occurring now for about a month or two. Seemingly randomly my internet speed on wifi will completely tank for the entire day on my...
  3. Extremely slow internet speeds on my computer completely randomly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extremely slow internet speeds on my computer completely randomly.: I've had my network card TP-Link WiFi 6 AX3000 PCIe WiFi Card Archer TX3000E for about two years now and only now has this problem started occurring now for about a month or two. Seemingly randomly my internet speed on wifi will completely tank for the entire day on my...
  4. Extremely slow Internet Speeds on this Computer Specifically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extremely slow Internet Speeds on this Computer Specifically: Hi all, I recently did a speed test on this computer and found that the download speed was a thousand times slower than other computers around the house, however, the upload speed was the same. I took the same ethernet cable plugged into my computer, plugged it into my...
  5. Slow wireless speed

Slow wireless speed: I have a clean install of w10 pro.Even sited next to router it very rarely goes to 5g. Speed is 48kbs I am on 950mbps down & 45 up. Any ideas how to fix this please W10 v10/1943 179871
  6. Extremely slow download speeds

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Extremely slow download speeds: A few days ago I tried to download Forza Horizon 4 on my new pc from Microsoft store. After about a minute of downloading at 50 mb/s, my download speeds dropped to around 5 mb/s. I ran a speed test and am getting speeds of around 20 mb/s. Is there a way to increase download...
  7. Extremely slow internet

Extremely slow internet: Have an issue I'm only getting 90Mbps on a 1G net service on my PC's regardless of connection type,EVEN in safe mode! While my cell phone can pull 900+Mbps PC #1 -Latest Win10Pro updates -Asus ROG Rampage Extreme Encore Motherboard -i9-9820X -32 GB Ram PC#2 -Latest...
  8. Windows 10 Internet Speed extremely slow compared to Linux

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Internet Speed extremely slow compared to Linux: submitted by /u/Aveniir [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i0jii7/windows_10_internet_speed_extremely_slow_compared/
  9. Internet Extremely Slow?

Internet Extremely Slow?: So my internet the last few weeks has been a bit slow. When im downloading updates to certain programs etc... they take forever which rarely if ever happen. It wasn't until earlier I decided to do a speed test on speedtest.net and low and behold... my download mbps is 1.23....
  10. Extremely slow internet speed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Extremely slow internet speed: When i open Task Manager it clearly says that Steam is using 50% network at 45mbps. But when i open steam the game is only downloading at 5mbps. Help please submitted by /u/Chuck-E_Cheeks [link] [comments]...