Windows 10: Wireless internet issue - maybe

Discus and support Wireless internet issue - maybe in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Desktop waiting for new parts, using laptop in the meantime, never checked the d/l speed on the laptop before, find I am only getting 25 MB of the 100... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 24c, Mar 18, 2019.

1. 24C
    24c Win User

Wireless internet issue - maybe

Desktop waiting for new parts, using laptop in the meantime, never checked the d/l speed on the laptop before, find I am only getting 25 MB of the 100 MB available. Put in a Netgear USB wireless adapter, get the full 100 MB d/l speed.

HP ENVY x360 Convertible - Intel Internet dual band AC 7265 wireless adapter.
    D/L latest driver from HP - checked for latest driver in Device Manager - all seems up to date

Is there an issue with the Intel wireless, or is it performing as it should?
    If an issue exists, what do I do to correct it?

:)

2. Hotel/Guest Wireless Internet.

I would like to set up a wireless internet connection in my dorm room that myself and my roomate can use but also make it available to neighboring rooms.

The problem is that once I give the security key it will be impossible know how many people and who is using it.

I was wondering if it is possible to have a wireless router that allows for different guest accounts and passwords.

also mayb monitor the mac adresses connected to the router.

Any suggestions or solutions are greatly appreciated.

laxbumb198, Mar 18, 2019
  3. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Mar 18, 2019
  4. brummyfan Win User

Wireless network issue

Right click start button(far left in task bar), go to Device manager, expand Network Adapters, right click Wi-Fi select Properties and find the version of your driver in Drivers tab.

Wireless internet issue - maybe [​IMG]

brummyfan, Mar 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Wireless internet issue - maybe - Similar Threads - Wireless internet issue

2. Corsair H60 orientation issue or maybe not?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Corsair H60 orientation issue or maybe not?: Hey everyone, This is probably a non-issue, but, here we go! I have a self-built system from around 2009, it's still going strong and works very well for Unity, Blender, photoshop cc2021( perhaps it could be faster for rendering, otherwise, no problem). OK, the Corsair...
  3. Help scrolling issue maybe?

in Windows 10 Support
    Help scrolling issue maybe?: Hi can anyone advise i have an issue where my laptop all of sudden wont allow me to scroll at all on anything without jumping back to the top. I also have an issue if I try to click on an app to open its just highlighting whatever is in the top right corner and wont allow me...
  4. boot issue...maybe BCD issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    boot issue...maybe BCD issue: So I was cloning a drive with mini tool shadow maker...I installed the new drive and I saw it in windows and I apparently chose wrong when I chose MBR and not GPT...so I cloned the HDD to the ssd. Shutdown and remove old drive and booted new drive..,bios has been Legacy the...
  5. Wireless internet connection issues.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless internet connection issues.: I'm having trouble with my internet connection. I get various errors; "The default gateway is not available", "Problem with wireless adaptor or access point", "I.P. address incorrect", etc. Sometimes Windows diagnostics works, sometimes not, but the problem always returns...
  6. Internet wireless

Internet wireless: It is one week I cant connect wireless to Internet. I need help. S https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-wireless/c5a213fa-398d-4c79-a2e1-1311fcd22f3b
  7. Wireless internet issue - maybe

Wireless internet issue - maybe: Desktop waiting for new parts, using laptop in the meantime, never checked the d/l speed on the laptop before, find I am only getting 25 MB of the 100 MB available. Put in a Netgear USB wireless adapter, get the full 100 MB d/l speed. HP ENVY x360 Convertible - Intel...
  8. Windows 10 home issue (maybe?)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 home issue (maybe?): Okay so i recently had to wipe my hard drive. When i reinstalled windows, everything ran perfectly fine, that is until i had to update windows since the version i have on a usb is about 2 years old. So once the update finished, weird things started, for one my computer would...
  9. Wireless keyboard going to sleep, maybe?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless keyboard going to sleep, maybe?: I really don't know. My first wireless keyboard. I have the receiver plugged into the front USB 3 port (there are no USB 2 ports anywhere on this case) as it doesn't work when plugged into the back. It works most times but sometimes I'll start typing and nothing, nothing,...
  10. No wireless internet on bootup

No wireless internet on bootup: Hi. I've found myself with a new problem – almost every morning when I boot up I have no wireless internet. To fix it, I'll disconnect/connect or, if that fails, I'll disable/enable the adapter. Obviously, I don't want to do this procedure every time so I'm wondering if...