Windows 10: Wireless keyboard and mouse stopped working on certain USB ports.

Discus and support Wireless keyboard and mouse stopped working on certain USB ports. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/Darth_Adas [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fqi8l8/wireless_keyboard_and_mouse_stopped_working_on/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Darth_Adas, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Wireless keyboard and mouse stopped working on certain USB ports.

/u/Darth_Adas, Mar 28, 2020

2. Wireless Mouse stops working when external HDD plugged in to USB3 port

I have a minor but annoying problem and can't find a solution....

My wireless mouse stops working when an external USB3 HDD is plugged in to USB3 port. The mouse is about 3 feet away from the receiver.

My mouse is a Logitech M310.

• I don't have the problem if a USB 2 external HDD is connected to either a USB2 or USB3 port.
    • I have moved the mouse receiver to different ports on both the front and back of the computer but this doesn't change anything.
    • If I move the mouse very close to the receiver (a couple of inches), it works so it seems that the wireless range is reduced when the USB3 HDD is plugged in.
    • If I connect a wired mouse, it works fine.
    • I have 2 USB3 ports and the problem is the same on both.
    • If the USB3 HDD is connected to a USB2 port, the mouse works normally.
    • I changed the battery in the mouse but this didn't help.
    • the USB3 HDD is a WD Passport that is self powered through the USB port.

Any suggestions?

dsscottage, Mar 28, 2020
  3. Why isn't my m325 wireless mouse connected to pc?

I did all the steps, except the wired keyboard and mouse step, since I am using a laptop. After all the steps it still doesn't work. Also I can't see my cursor and can't move it.

Non PC Expert, Mar 28, 2020
  4. Kbird Win User

Wireless keyboard and mouse stopped working on certain USB ports.

USB Keyboard/Mouse Fails when USB 3.0 Hub Installed in Adjacent Port

USB 3 can cause radio interference on the 2.4ghz range so the increased power draw by the HDD maybe be enough to effect or freeze the mouse receiver until the higher power draw stops again..... It's why I suggested moving the receiver to a USB 2 port if possible...does your monitor have a USB hub/ports perhaps?

Anker notes this in some of their USB3 product descriptions.....

Some USB 3.0 devices require direction connection to host ports. 2.4Ghz wireless devices (keyboards, mice, etc.) may not work around USB 3.0 ports. Try using a USB 2.0 connection.

Kbird, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

Wireless keyboard and mouse stopped working on certain USB ports.

1. Wireless keyboard and mouse stopped working on certain USB ports. - Similar Threads - Wireless keyboard mouse

2. Wireless mouse&keyboard stopped working after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless mouse&keyboard stopped working after update: After implementing the newest Windows update on my computer 20.10.2023 around 2300h, my original Microsoft Desktop 900 Mouse&Keyboard set has stopped working. I've been looking a solution left and right but i was unable to find one. If anybody can assist me with this problem...
  3. wireless mouse works but wireless keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wireless mouse works but wireless keyboard not working: the USB wireless mouse and numbers keypad works but wireless keyboard MS Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Model 1559 stopped working. If I remove the batteries new and put them back in, it will work for a few minutes and then stop working again....
  4. wireless mouse works but wireless keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wireless mouse works but wireless keyboard not working: the USB wireless mouse and numbers keypad works but wireless keyboard MS Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Model 1559 stopped working. If I remove the batteries new and put them back in, it will work for a few minutes and then stop working again....
  5. wireless mouse works but wireless keyboard not working

6. usb ports or mouse and keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb ports or mouse and keyboard not working: ladies and gents of the community. Can you please explain to me how to follow solutions on this question/ I ask about a solution for "mouse and keyboard usb ports not working in dual booted windows 7" . The usb ports , the mouse and keyboard are working when boot up in...
  7. usb ports or mouse and keyboard not working

usb ports or mouse and keyboard not working: ladies and gents of the community. Can you please explain to me how to follow solutions on this question/ I ask about a solution for "mouse and keyboard usb ports not working in dual booted windows 7" . The usb ports , the mouse and keyboard are working when boot up in...
  8. Wired USB mouse and wireless keyboard not working in a specific USB port

Wired USB mouse and wireless keyboard not working in a specific USB port: I've been having this problem now where a USB port doesn't work with my wireless keyboard and wired mouse, I can't do anything with computer hardware, so don't tell me to replace it or something, this USB port is on the right of the laptop, and the 'alternative' one I'm using...
  9. USB keyboard, mouse and other devices only working on certain ports.

USB keyboard, mouse and other devices only working on certain ports.: My keyboard Logitech G105 and mouse Logitech G304 only works on specific ports. The mouse only works on the USB 2.0 port at the top and the keyboard only on USB 3.1 port at the bottom. When I connect these devices on any other port, it does not recognized. This is not a big...
  10. USB stop working no keyboard or mouse now.

USB stop working no keyboard or mouse now.: I had Windows 10 installed for I guess a year working good. The other day it did not see USB flash drive I plug in. It did make a ding sound though the USB sound headphones I have on it. Rebooted and then no USB works. It goes to the log in screen and I can press any key...