Windows 10: Wireless keyboard freezes\lags when copying files form a USB?

Discus and support Wireless keyboard freezes\lags when copying files form a USB? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; If I copy a large number of files from a USB stick to my PC, my Logitech K520 wireless keyboard, and my Logitech M310 wireless mouse begin to lag, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PerfectBlue, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Wireless keyboard freezes\lags when copying files form a USB?

If I copy a large number of files from a USB stick to my PC, my Logitech K520 wireless keyboard, and my Logitech M310 wireless mouse begin to lag, and then stop altogether.

At first you press the keys and nothing seems to happen, then after a few seconds all of the key that you have pressed suddenly activate in quick succession. For example, I could type an entire sentence and nothing would appear on screen, then after a few seconds the entire sentence would suddenly type out.

Everything goes back to normal once the files have stopped transferring.

I've tried this both using the Windows drivers, and Logitech SetPoint mouse\keyboard software, and the same thing happens.

It doesn't happen with a wired keyboard or mouse.

I have Windows version 10.0.16299.19

:)

PerfectBlue, Oct 20, 2017
  2. RoHsiung Win User

keyboard vanishes when filling a complex form for an email account

Yes, despite what is stated in the message before performing the update it doesn't solve the disappearing keyboard problem.
    Not enough time to test extensively if problem is generic with all apps. Tested with a couple
    of emails, text messages, and search within Marketplace and everything was OK.
    When trying to add an email account using the advanced setup the keyboard disappears in the middle of the process. BTW the advanced setup cannot cope with accounts that requires special port numbers ! for instance port 587 for SMTP and 110 for POP.

RoHsiung, Oct 20, 2017
  3. RoHsiung Win User
    keyboard vanishes when filling a complex form for an email account

This seems to be a known bug not fixed with the latest software update. Whenever filling a long form such as a complex email account, the keyboard simply vanishes when trying to fill the form. It is random (no exact point of the form) or time spent with
    filling the form.

RoHsiung, Oct 20, 2017
  4. AndreTen Win User

Wireless keyboard freezes\lags when copying files form a USB?

Try changing USB port for wireless receiver (or USB drive). Find one that isn't shared.

For finding out additional info about USB ports and devices, I'm using UsbtreeVie (by Uwe) or USBdeview by Nirsoft

AndreTen, Oct 20, 2017
  5. The USB stick in in a USB 3 port, and the wireless keyboard.mouse are in a USB 2 port.

PerfectBlue, Oct 20, 2017
  6. AndreTen Win User
    What happen, if you copy files - use USB stick in USB 2 port?

And try to switch USB ports for mouse/keybd. anyway..

You don't have any yellow exclamation marks in device manager?

AndreTen, Oct 20, 2017
  7. You KB and Mouse may work better in a USB 3 port.

Josey Wales, Oct 20, 2017
  8. Wireless keyboard freezes\lags when copying files form a USB?

I get the same problem regardless of which physical ports I use, and whether they are USB 2 or USB 3.

There are no error messages in device manager and I've not found any error logs from Windows to hint that there is a problem.

The software thinks that everything is perfect, and the hardware has a basic textbook configuration that's more or less stock from the manufacturer.

PerfectBlue, Oct 21, 2017
  9. I've been told the opposite by other people, based on my keyboard model using older technology in the USB dongle, and thus not being able to take advantage of USB3. So I'm somewhat confused as to which is the right answer here, but I actually started out with it in the USB 3 port simply because the USB 3 was the first one that came to hand.

If it's relevant I'm using the front mounted USB ports that are connected to the case and then to the MB, rather than the rear ones that are directly on the MB.

10. AndreTen Win User
    But you tried with the rear ports? Just to eliminate possible hardware errors.

AndreTen, Oct 21, 2017
  11. Yes.

12. AndreTen Win User
    What says Usbdeview or USBtreeview.

I can give you data about my USB 3 host (from USBtreeView). Similar chipset generation (Q97)

USB 3 info.txt

AndreTen, Oct 21, 2017
  13. Wireless keyboard freezes\lags when copying files form a USB?

Here is the upload.

UsbTreeView_report.txt

14. AndreTen Win User
    Find a setting in your BIOS for enabling xHCI mode for USB 3.

Admit, that I'm not sure it will solve your issue, which may be hardware related. What is bugging me is fact, that your wireless devices work OK, if other USB ports are not in use. It could be faulty wireless receiver, bad contact on either USB connection, power issue, motherboard issue...

Also, how well do you know your BIOS settings? Would it be good to reset them to default?

AndreTen, Oct 21, 2017
  15. OldMike65 Win User
    Andre he could also try downloading the default usb drivers from the makers of his motherboard. Windows might have installed there own usb drivers. He could go to the web site of whoever made his MB and grab them, reinstall them, reboot, and see if that helps. Could just be a driver issue.

OldMike65, Oct 21, 2017
Thema:

Wireless keyboard freezes\lags when copying files form a USB?

1. Wireless keyboard freezes\lags when copying files form a USB? - Similar Threads - Wireless keyboard freezeslags

2. Wireless USB Keyboard and Mouse Lagging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless USB Keyboard and Mouse Lagging: Hello, I have a Dell laptop IntelR CoreTM i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2.59 GHz, on Windows 11 that is hooked up to two monitors and a USB wireless Keyboard and Mouse. I've tried the Logitech Keyboard and Mouse, as well as, a Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse. They both have a lag...
  3. USB replacement for Wireless 800 keyboard

USB replacement for Wireless 800 keyboard: I have a Wireless 800 keyboard but the USB receiver broke; therefore, the keyboard won't work. Can I get a USB receiver replacement? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-replacement-for-wireless-800-keyboard/8f63b9fe-58ac-4b8a-b174-b09f406d1a95
  4. Lost USB Receiver - Wireless Keyboard

Lost USB Receiver - Wireless Keyboard: I lost the USB receiver for my Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 5000. Does anyone know where I can purchase only the receiver and not an entirely new keyboard? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!...
  5. Lost USB Receiver - Wireless Keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lost USB Receiver - Wireless Keyboard: I lost the USB receiver for my Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 5000. Does anyone know where I can purchase only the receiver and not an entirely new keyboard? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!...
  6. Wireless USB keyboard bypass?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless USB keyboard bypass?: Basically, the subject is the question: can I bypass the wireless USB dongle and connect a wireless keyboard directly to my PC using a USB-to-whatever variant port the keyboard itself comes standardport? I prefer wired keyboards and my aging Microsoft Digital Media Keyboard...
  7. Wireless USB keyboard bypass?

Wireless USB keyboard bypass?: Basically, the subject is the question: can I bypass the wireless USB dongle and connect a wireless keyboard directly to my PC using a USB-to-whatever variant port the keyboard itself comes standardport? I prefer wired keyboards and my aging Microsoft Digital Media Keyboard...
  8. Microsoft Wireless Keyboard usb transceiver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Wireless Keyboard usb transceiver: Hi there My usb dongle for my keyboard and mouse is broken. Do you provide a replacement? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-wireless-keyboard-usb-transceiver/9362f2cb-a33b-4adf-b1da-99390ce0f149
  9. Sudden errors when copying files to USB devices

in Windows 10 Support
    Sudden errors when copying files to USB devices: I use my phone and tablet as a portable file containers, devices I can also use to edit my files. Around 2 days ago when I've tried to copy some files to my tablet error message come up saying that files can't be copied as device stopped responding or has been disconnected....
  10. Copying / moving files form Win Explorer not possible?

in Windows 10 Support
    Copying / moving files form Win Explorer not possible?: When I try to copy / move a file or folder from the Win Explorer (as admin) to another program this sign is shown, transferring is not possible: [img] How could I make it work? 72751