Windows 10: Wireless keyboard freezes\lags when copying files form a USB?

Discus and support Wireless keyboard freezes\lags when copying files form a USB? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Find a setting in your BIOS for enabling xHCI mode for USB 3. Admit, that I'm not sure it will solve your issue, which may be hardware related.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PerfectBlue, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Wireless keyboard freezes\lags when copying files form a USB?

I have a basestation for a fitness tracker connected permanently, and use a USB graphics tablet, and neither of them seem to have any problems. The keyboard and mouse function perfectly the rest of the time. They are very responsive and have no lag.

Could it be the USB adapter that I'm using. It's a Mobilelite G3 SD card adapter?

My motherboard is pretty much vanilla. I think that the only real changes that I made were to tweak one S-ATA port to optimize it for an SSD and to turn off the power saving on the system fan.

It's been reset to factory standard at least once before because I was having a totally unrelated problem that turned out to be a faulty stick of RAM, that wasn't showing up as faulty in any of the diagnostics.

PerfectBlue, Oct 21, 2017
  2. AndreTen Win User

Is that mobilelite SD card adapter, that you're copying files from, when problems occur, or any USB thumb drive?

If other USB drivers works fine, then your adapter is probably the cause.. USB 3.0 drives are using more power than USB 2.0. Normally it's not an issue, but if it's faulty (partial short circuit anywhere), it could cause problems.

There are some BIOS settings for your motherboard, that affects USB ports - check FAQ on Gigabyte

@OldMike65, thanks for the suggestion, but I'm using same generation motherboard, and besides Chipset drivers, that I'm always using from manufacturer, (almost) everything else is generic and it is working great, or the same.

Edit: one other thing you could try PerfectBlue... Get USB cable for your Wireless Logitech adapter and put it on your table (close to Keyboard and mouse). Those wireless adapters are performing really better, when they are close to mouse and kbd.

AndreTen, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Wireless keyboard freezes\lags when copying files form a USB?

1. Wireless keyboard freezes\lags when copying files form a USB? - Similar Threads - Wireless keyboard freezeslags

2. Wireless USB Keyboard and Mouse Lagging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless USB Keyboard and Mouse Lagging: Hello, I have a Dell laptop IntelR CoreTM i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2.59 GHz, on Windows 11 that is hooked up to two monitors and a USB wireless Keyboard and Mouse. I've tried the Logitech Keyboard and Mouse, as well as, a Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse. They both have a lag...
  3. USB replacement for Wireless 800 keyboard

USB replacement for Wireless 800 keyboard: I have a Wireless 800 keyboard but the USB receiver broke; therefore, the keyboard won't work. Can I get a USB receiver replacement? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-replacement-for-wireless-800-keyboard/8f63b9fe-58ac-4b8a-b174-b09f406d1a95
  4. Lost USB Receiver - Wireless Keyboard

Lost USB Receiver - Wireless Keyboard: I lost the USB receiver for my Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 5000. Does anyone know where I can purchase only the receiver and not an entirely new keyboard? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!...
  5. Lost USB Receiver - Wireless Keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lost USB Receiver - Wireless Keyboard: I lost the USB receiver for my Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 5000. Does anyone know where I can purchase only the receiver and not an entirely new keyboard? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!...
  6. Wireless USB keyboard bypass?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless USB keyboard bypass?: Basically, the subject is the question: can I bypass the wireless USB dongle and connect a wireless keyboard directly to my PC using a USB-to-whatever variant port the keyboard itself comes standardport? I prefer wired keyboards and my aging Microsoft Digital Media Keyboard...
  7. Wireless USB keyboard bypass?

Wireless USB keyboard bypass?: Basically, the subject is the question: can I bypass the wireless USB dongle and connect a wireless keyboard directly to my PC using a USB-to-whatever variant port the keyboard itself comes standardport? I prefer wired keyboards and my aging Microsoft Digital Media Keyboard...
  8. Microsoft Wireless Keyboard usb transceiver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Wireless Keyboard usb transceiver: Hi there My usb dongle for my keyboard and mouse is broken. Do you provide a replacement? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-wireless-keyboard-usb-transceiver/9362f2cb-a33b-4adf-b1da-99390ce0f149
  9. Sudden errors when copying files to USB devices

in Windows 10 Support
    Sudden errors when copying files to USB devices: I use my phone and tablet as a portable file containers, devices I can also use to edit my files. Around 2 days ago when I've tried to copy some files to my tablet error message come up saying that files can't be copied as device stopped responding or has been disconnected....
  10. Copying / moving files form Win Explorer not possible?

in Windows 10 Support
    Copying / moving files form Win Explorer not possible?: When I try to copy / move a file or folder from the Win Explorer (as admin) to another program this sign is shown, transferring is not possible: [img] How could I make it work? 72751