Windows 10: Wireless keyboard not working

Discus and support Wireless keyboard not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Microsoft Wireless Keyboard is not working. So far I have done the following: 1) Replaced the batteries. 2) Checked that the USB port is working.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JaniceGunn42, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Wireless keyboard not working

My Microsoft Wireless Keyboard is not working. So far I have done the following:

1) Replaced the batteries.

2) Checked that the USB port is working. I switched to another anyway.

3) I checked the keyboard settings to ensure the Filter Key was off, it was.

4) I Reinstalled the driver in question, by uninstall, then restart.

5) I bought Driver Easy, installed all updated drivers, the keyboard was on the list of that updated.

6.) I cursed at the machine.

Seriously, what else do I need to do? Last time this happened it was just the batteries. This time I think it's Windows 10. I am not a computer person, but I can follow instructions.

Help!

Jan Gunn

:)

JaniceGunn42, Nov 1, 2018

2. Wireless keyboard not working

Hi Arthur,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to connect the keyboard to a different computer and check if it works.

Apart from wireless keyboard, I would also suggest you to connect wired keyboard to the computer and check the status.

If issue still persists, try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Check in compatibility mode.

Download the keyboard drivers from your computer manufacture website for Windows 10.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed
      with the installation.
    • Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Ravindra Kamath, Nov 1, 2018
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Need a new wireless keyboard - suggestions?

This is a for work - not gaming!

My work keyboard is a wireless logitech, lasted some 6 years and now has a case of sticking keys, so I need a new one. I really liked it, thought the key action isn't the greatest. It has been through millions of keystrokes.

I have a G5 gaming mouse (both work and home), I want to keep that.

So I'm looking for:

• Wireless and responsive
    • (USB and PS2 capable)
    • Assignable hot keys
    • Dedicated volume and playback buttons
    • Great feel (for lots of typing)
    • Intergrated wrist-wrest
    • Black (nice not to see gunk that builds up)
    • Under $100
    Anyone have any "passionate" suggestions? I plan to stop at staples to try some out. I am partial to Logitech.

Sasqui, Nov 1, 2018
  4. Wireless keyboard not working

Number pad that comes with Sculpt wireless keyboard.

Hi,

This problem may occur due to an outdated or corrupted device driver. For us to provide the best resolution possible, we'll be needing additional information:

• Is the number pad device visible on Device Manager?
    • Is the wireless keyboard working on your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps provided on this
    article
    . It contains information and basic troubleshooting steps regarding keyboard problems in Windows.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Nov 1, 2018
Thema:

Wireless keyboard not working

1. Wireless keyboard not working - Similar Threads - Wireless keyboard working

2. MS wireless keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS wireless keyboard not working: Hi, I can't seem to get my MS wireless keyboard to work with my computer. I've changed the batteries and have never had a problem with it pairing in the past. Now, although it has new batteries and that tiny light shines when I put in the new batteries, when I click on cap...
  3. MS wireless keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MS wireless keyboard not working: Hi, I can't seem to get my MS wireless keyboard to work with my computer. I've changed the batteries and have never had a problem with it pairing in the past. Now, although it has new batteries and that tiny light shines when I put in the new batteries, when I click on cap...
  4. Wireless mouse and keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless mouse and keyboard not working: I am working from my laptop, I have a wireless mouse and keyboard and I use the usb port in my laptop for it. I am working remote and pluggeda wired 2nd monitor into my laptop and I cant get my mouse or keyboard to work ?...
  5. Wireless mouse and keyboard not working

Wireless mouse and keyboard not working: I am working from my laptop, I have a wireless mouse and keyboard and I use the usb port in my laptop for it. I am working remote and pluggeda wired 2nd monitor into my laptop and I cant get my mouse or keyboard to work ?...
  6. wireless mouse works but wireless keyboard not working

wireless mouse works but wireless keyboard not working: the USB wireless mouse and numbers keypad works but wireless keyboard MS Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Model 1559 stopped working. If I remove the batteries new and put them back in, it will work for a few minutes and then stop working again....
  7. wireless mouse works but wireless keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wireless mouse works but wireless keyboard not working: the USB wireless mouse and numbers keypad works but wireless keyboard MS Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Model 1559 stopped working. If I remove the batteries new and put them back in, it will work for a few minutes and then stop working again....
  8. wireless mouse works but wireless keyboard not working

9. Wireless Keyboard Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wireless Keyboard Not Working: Both my keyboard and mouse stopped working today. I thought it was just a matter of the batteries having run out so I swapped my mouse with a spare I had and changed the batteries on my keyboard. I got the mouse to work but not the keyboard. I've tried everything I could...
  10. Wireless keyboard 850 not working

Wireless keyboard 850 not working: My wireless keyboard 850 model 1455 has stopped working. A pop up menu from microsoft asked me to update my keyboard. I clicked the link to microsoft and downloaded the update and ran the program. Immediately after finishing to run the program my keyboard stopped working. I...