Windows 10: Wireless keyboard with Caps Lock LED

Discus and support Wireless keyboard with Caps Lock LED in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Windows version is 1909. Can anyone recommend a wireless keyboard, preferable with UK layout, that has a Caps Lock LED. I am fed up with passwords... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by geoffL, Jul 11, 2020.

1. geoffL Win User

Wireless keyboard with Caps Lock LED

My Windows version is 1909.

Can anyone recommend a wireless keyboard, preferable with UK layout, that has a Caps Lock LED.

I am fed up with passwords failing because caps lock is on/off.

You would think that Windows 10 would have on-screen indication that Caps Lock is on - but it hasn't,

(the bleep/flash is no help at all)..

:)

geoffL, Jul 11, 2020

2. Microsoft Wireless 850 keyboard and mouse

Hi lbnoell,

Thank you for purchasing the Microsoft 850 wireless keyboard and mouse. Most wireless keyboards does not have LED indicators for "NUM LOCK" and "CAPS LOCK" to save battery life.

If you really need to have some sort of indicator for the "NUM LOCK" and "CAPS LOCK" we suggest to follow the suggestion of DR HARISH LRAO on a similar post. Here's the link: Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 800 - is there a Caps Lock indicator light?

For more information on why wireless keyboard does not have any LED indicators visit this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/894037

Sincerely,

77615ba0-cf67-44f4-aacd-4de8eba6c846, Jul 11, 2020
  3. No caps lock indicator with new keyboard?

Hi:

According to the manufacturer's web site, there is no caps lock indicator on this keyboard:

Wireless Multimedia Keyboard Mouse - Wireless - Keyboards - IT PRODUCTS

{FWIW, the product web page does not specifically list Win10 as a supported OS, but they may or may not be relevant or significant.}

Keyboard

• Water resistant keypad
    • Key press force: 55g + 8g
    • 104 key standard QWERTY keyboard layout
    • RF power output: 1.6mW
    • Battery type: 2x AAA
    • Operating frequency: 2.4 GHz
    • Operating distance: up to 33ft (10m)
    • RF channel: 79 (hopping)
    • LED indicator: Low battery life
    • Dimensions: 19" (L) x 7 1/4" (W) x 1 3/4" (H)
    • 18 Hotkeys: Web Back, Web Forward, Web Stop, Refresh, Search, My Favorites, Home Page, Email, Media Player (not supported in Windows 2000), Play/Pause, Previous, Next, Stop, Volume down, Mute, Volume Up, My Computer (not supported in Windows Server 2003 (32-/64-bit) & Windows 2000), Calculator (not supported in Windows 2000)
    • Power requirements (battery):
      • Operating: 3V/~5.0mA
      • Standby (~3 sec no activity): 3V/~0.01mA

So, I guess I would go back to my original recommendation: return it and buy a KB with the features you want.
    That would seem -- ultimately -- to be the most satisfying solution.

But, it's up to you, of course.Wireless keyboard with Caps Lock LED :)

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jul 11, 2020
  4. Wireless keyboard with Caps Lock LED

Caps Lock/Num Lock/Scroll lock LED lights is off

Since the Windows 10 fall creator's update, ONLY my keyboard's Caps Lock, num lock, and scroll LED lights can't be turned on. It will still work however, but it's troubling me since i can't see whenever my caps lock is on. If possible, no regristy fix
    please.

jonathan A 27, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

Wireless keyboard with Caps Lock LED

1. Wireless keyboard with Caps Lock LED - Similar Threads - Wireless keyboard Caps

2. Caps lock freezes keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Caps lock freezes keyboard: Hi. When I press caps lock, my laptop keyboard freezes and it seems activates the Windows key at the same time. It also brings up speech recognition, multiple display function, and starts typing '8' on repeat if a text box is available. When I used a keyboard tester, it seems...
  3. Caps lock freezes keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Caps lock freezes keyboard: Hi. When I press caps lock, my laptop keyboard freezes and it seems activates the Windows key at the same time. It also brings up speech recognition, multiple display function, and starts typing '8' on repeat if a text box is available. When I used a keyboard tester, it seems...
  4. My keyboard caps lock led not working after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard caps lock led not working after update: Normally, when I press caps lock key, all keyboard turns red but this doesn't happen after the update. Upgrading to the old version solves the problem. is there any way to fix this problem ?version is Windows 11 pro Insider Build 22494.rs_prerelease.211029-1421Keyboard ANNE...
  5. My keyboard caps lock led not working after update

My keyboard caps lock led not working after update: Normally, when I press caps lock key, all keyboard turns red but this doesn't happen after the update. Upgrading to the old version solves the problem. is there any way to fix this problem ?version is Windows 11 pro Insider Build 22494.rs_prerelease.211029-1421Keyboard ANNE...
  6. keyboard caps lock

keyboard caps lock: hello when I type words in on my keyboard it will stay in the correct caps setting but when I change it it stays for about an extra 3-5 minutes before changing to the setting of the correct cap. this has become a problem as recently it has caused me to slow down when...
  7. Keyboard caps lock

Keyboard caps lock: I have just bought a keyboard with larger characters on the keys and its good except for one small niggle. The warning light for caps lock is very small. I am a one fingered typist, and don't look at the screen until I have at least completed a sentence. This results in a lot...
  8. Caps Lock key no longer working on new wireless keyboard

Caps Lock key no longer working on new wireless keyboard: Having just purchased a new wireless keyboard and mouse I now find that the Caps Lock key no longer works. The Shift key works and so does the Num Lock key. My OS is Windows 10 64 bit and is full updated. Any suggestions how to fix this will be gratefully received. Dave...
  9. keyboard num/caps/scrl lock leds off

keyboard num/caps/scrl lock leds off: After a clean win 10 pro install, the leds don't come on until I unplug/plug the keyboard.Tried uninstalling board, usb, disabling fast start. No luck. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-numcapsscrl-lock-leds-off/a82ddd9d-2169-4bb4-bc9b-1474f9480d7a
  10. wireless 3050 keyboard caps lock light?

wireless 3050 keyboard caps lock light?: hello just purchased this key board and cant find or see an indicator light to show if im in caps or not... do i have to turn this function on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-3050-keyboard-caps-lock-light/dda0cf0f-f7b0-4ada-a496-864241011869