Windows 10: Wireless Keyboard won't always shift capital letters

Discus and support Wireless Keyboard won't always shift capital letters in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. I am new here. I had just bought a dell all-in-one computer with Windows 10 pre-installed. The computer is functioning properly. I also had a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by disman00911, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Wireless Keyboard won't always shift capital letters

Hello. I am new here.

I had just bought a dell all-in-one computer with Windows 10 pre-installed. The computer is functioning properly. I also had a wireless Logitech wave keyboard and use it instead of the default keyboard that comes with the dell computer.

However, I am experiencing an annoyance that I can not press shift + F to get a capital letter F. I have to either CAPS LOCK or press the malfunctioning button and shift at the same time and then let go of the shift button to get a capital letter. I I am also getting the same problem with the letters D, J, C, and the plus sign. I can press shift and most of the other keyboard letters just fine. What it is going on? Is my Logitech keyboard defective? The keyboard was working fine with my older dell computer. *Huh

Thanks.

:)

disman00911, Mar 24, 2016

2. The E72 software is a disaster.

Yes, this automatic capital writing works in the same stupid manner as most phones. The E71 was much more clever here.

I am used to press the shift-key when writing a capital letter on a qwerty keyboard.

So after a dot I use the shift key for the next letter to start the sentence.

Now, if I write dot - space - shift-'a' I get a small 'a'. But I want a big A :-(

That is so frustrating...

Bernd12345---01, Mar 24, 2016
  3. 808 Pureview Phone keypad text input bug

When using the predictive text enabled on the phone keypad and in the middle of a sentence pressing the shift key for a capital letter doesn't work properly. It will capitalize the letters on the keypad for an instant then revert back to normal. The shift
    key must be pressed again to write a capital letter

brianbrannon---01, Mar 24, 2016
  4. OldMike65 Win User

Wireless Keyboard won't always shift capital letters

If you use Logitech's unifying receiver for your keyboard, move that unifying receiver to a different port, and try it again.

OldMike65, Mar 24, 2016
  5. I plugged it on a different port and I'm still having the same problem. It is my physical keyboard. My touchscreen keyboard can shift capital letters just fine and is not the problem.

6. OldMike65 Win User
    Did you try re-running the Unifying software program again, "Pair a new device" option.

OldMike65, Mar 24, 2016
  7. Yes, but the I'm getting the same results. However, I found out that my Logitech keyboard had been the problem and unplugged it. I had plugged in the Dell wireless keyboard (and unifying receiver dongle) that came with my all-in-one PC and I can now shift capital letters on the Dell keyboard with no problem.

8. OldMike65 Win User

Ok glad you found a fix, I have a Logitech wireless keyboard, and have no problems using the shift capital letters to work. *Smile

OldMike65, Mar 24, 2016
  9. Josbeph Win User
    This could be a glitch with the keyboard. If not I don't know

Josbeph, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Wireless Keyboard won't always shift capital letters - Similar Threads - Wireless Keyboard won't

2. Keyboard Shift key holding down will not Capitize Letters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Shift key holding down will not Capitize Letters: Bedore I Trash my wireless Keyboard....I thought it best to Post the issue here in case there is a Fix to what I Broke...let me Explain.I was cleaning my wireless Keyboard and while doing so I push many buttons...some I am sure by themselves, others times Multipile keyboard...
  3. Keyboard Shift key holding down will not Capitize Letters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Shift key holding down will not Capitize Letters: Bedore I Trash my wireless Keyboard....I thought it best to Post the issue here in case there is a Fix to what I Broke...let me Explain.I was cleaning my wireless Keyboard and while doing so I push many buttons...some I am sure by themselves, others times Multipile keyboard...
  4. Keyboard Shift key holding down will not Capitize Letters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Why shift does not work on some capital letter?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why shift does not work on some capital letter?: The shift key does not work on my laptop on Windows 11 when I tried to input capital letter S. BUT other letters work well if I use shift on capital letters.For letter S, It will pop up a window on POS, RGB if I input shift+s. So I have to use Capslk to input capital letter...
  6. Why shift does not work on some capital letter?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why shift does not work on some capital letter?: The shift key does not work on my laptop on Windows 11 when I tried to input capital letter S. BUT other letters work well if I use shift on capital letters.For letter S, It will pop up a window on POS, RGB if I input shift+s. So I have to use Capslk to input capital letter...
  7. Shift+a does not capitalize the a letter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shift+a does not capitalize the a letter: I have been using my laptop for more than a year now with no issues, but now I am having this issue of the Shift+a not working. I have two keyboards that I have tried this on and have had the same result. I have also taken the steps to the shift key not working issue but have...
  8. Capital letters

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Capital letters: Windows 10 version 1903 64bit. When using Word 2007,for some reason The next line always starts with a capital letter(as in this line)is there a setting to Prevent this happening? 143513
  9. Capital letter

in Windows 10 Support
    Capital letter: When typing an email,each time I start a new line and press the space bar after the first word, the first letter of the new line becomes a capital letter.Is there any way to correct this from happening? 104867
  10. HELP Keyboard (Even On-screen) won't capitalize letters with shift

in Windows 10 Support
    HELP Keyboard (Even On-screen) won't capitalize letters with shift: I can capitalize every letter/symbol except for letters "t" and "m." In order for me to capitalize them, I have to use the caps lock function. I can't even use the on-screen keyboard to capitalize said letters, it simply doesn't go through. This might or might not be a...