Windows 10: Wireless LAN Driver suddenly stopped working

Discus and support Wireless LAN Driver suddenly stopped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, Recently, my wireless LAN driver has stopped working. The only thing which I'm aware of which could've caused this is probably my constantly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by alexsicon, Sep 24, 2018.

1. alexsicon Win User

Wireless LAN Driver suddenly stopped working

Hi,

Recently, my wireless LAN driver has stopped working. The only thing which I'm aware of which could've caused this is probably my constantly putting my laptop to sleep. I didn't install any new software recently, and upon checking, my Windows is currently up to date. I've tried downloading the appropriate driver from the official manufacturer's website, but my laptop refuses to install it. I also tried performing a system restore which got stuck and was unable to finish. I have no other working restore points far back enough in time to address this issue. How can I solve this? Thanks.

alexsicon

:)

alexsicon, Sep 24, 2018

2. LAN Port stopped working suddenly

Hello everyone,

I came home yesterday to find that my PC in my specs had no Internet connection. I narrowed it down to be the PC itself and not any cables/modem/router etc. Now I went ahead and tried uninstalling and installing the LAN drivers again but it doesn't detect a LAN port.

At this point it gives me an error message and states that the Realtek Ethernet Controller could be in "Deep Sleep Mode". To connect the cable to get it going. However cable is connected and verified to work.

I've googled intensively and have tried many suggestions such as certain command prompts, registry edits, special permissions, and different methods of installing the drivers.

Is my LAN Port dead, or something else might be the issue? Please note we did have a power outage yesterday as my other PC had also restarted like the one with the problem did. The second PC is perfectly fine though. Any other suggestions and/or advice? Thanks in advance. *Toast :toast:

Chicken Patty, Sep 24, 2018
  3. ivanckt Win User
    Wireless Hardware/Drivers stopped working in windows 10

My Acer notebook (Aspire VN7-591G, win10 x64) wifi suddenly stopped working yesterday, the wireless adapter complain the driver cannot be loaded. I have tried all the methods I found, but none of these work:

• Using the troubleshooter. It say the "The Qualcomm Atheros AR5BWB222 Wireless Network Adapter adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problems"
    • In device manager, I uninstall the network adapter , then re-scan the hardware change to let it reinstall the driver. Then I got the following: "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39) {Bad
      File} The attributes of the specified mapping file for a section of memory cannot be read.". I choose "update driver", but after some search, it say the driver is already most updated.
    • I download the driver from Atheros AR5BWB222 for win 10 from "https://www.atheros-drivers.com/dow...s-chipset-with-id-74-and-Windows10-64bit.html" and repeat step 2, where I choose to use the downloaded driver, but it say the driver
      is not for the intended platform.
    • I download the driver from Acer "https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers" and do the same in step 3. No success.
    • I used the windows update, still no success.

So every driver suddenly stopped working in windows 10? What can I do?

ivanckt, Sep 24, 2018
  4. rahjja Win User

Killer LAN drivers AND Intel LAN drivers?

I am installing new drivers after an upgrade to windows 10 from windows 8.1 and I have 2 separate issues.

The page I am using for drivers is here:
    MSI Global

And I am following the suggested order.

1) When I began setup for the Intel VGA driver I received an error message saying that "This computer does not meet the requirements."

- I skipped it and continued down the list of drivers but I am concerned since the second monitor I want to use is still not working.
    - The Nvidia VGA driver installed correctly.

Is this a normal error and I should accept it as I do not need that driver or should I find another Intel VGA driver to try?

2) I have installed the Killer LAN and Killer Wireless LAN drivers for my laptop. Do I now need to ALSO install the Intel Wireless LAN drivers or no? Is it optional or required or don't do it at all?

Thanks for your help!

rahjja, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

1. Wireless LAN Driver suddenly stopped working - Similar Threads - Wireless LAN Driver

2. Wireless lan drivers missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless lan drivers missing: My wireless lan drivers are missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-lan-drivers-missing/1c6089ec-c90c-49b7-9970-12717ff65d28
  3. Wireless lan drivers missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless lan drivers missing: My wireless lan drivers are missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-lan-drivers-missing/1c6089ec-c90c-49b7-9970-12717ff65d28
  4. Asus TUF Gaming F15 wifi driver suddenly stops working MediaTek Wi-Fi 6 MT7921 Wireless LAN...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus TUF Gaming F15 wifi driver suddenly stops working MediaTek Wi-Fi 6 MT7921 Wireless LAN...: After I install the latest Windows 11 update, my laptop now loses connection and goes missing in the settings.I tried uninstalling and reinstall the driver from the Asus support website and the issue still occurs. Is this a common occurrence for this laptop or is it just...
  5. Wake On Wireless Lan not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wake On Wireless Lan not working: Hello there, I am trying to remotely startup my computer using another wifi connection, my PC uses a wifi card also. The problem is that altough I enabled the wake on lan option on my BIOS and on my wifi card through device manager, the PC doesn't respond to the magic...
  6. File sharing on LAN suddenly stopped

File sharing on LAN suddenly stopped: My two desktops on the same LAN, connected to the same router, suddenly stopped being able to share files. It was working just a few days ago. Let's day, the desktops are "A" and "B", and the router name is "R" Both pc sees two media devices, Computer "A" and Router "R",...
  7. Wireless LAN driver uninstalled automatically.

Wireless LAN driver uninstalled automatically.: Hi, With the latest windows 10 update, there have been several issues with the network adaptor. On of which being the wireless LAN driver getting uninstalled automatically. Usually this problem can be resolved by restarting. A few times i had to manually install the driver....
  8. My Wireless Connection Suddenly Stopped Working

My Wireless Connection Suddenly Stopped Working: Hi, I was watching Netflix on my HP Pavilion Laptop, running Windows 10 (64-bit) when my WiFi connection quit on me out of nowhere. Other devices are still connected, but not the laptop. When I look in Network Connections, it doesn't even list anything other than Ethernet...
  9. Problems with Wireless LAN drivers?

Problems with Wireless LAN drivers?: Hello, For a few months now I have been encountering issues with wifi connections. They tend to be unstable and my laptop periodically loses connection to the network, or cannot connect to begin with. (or the wifi symbol in the task bar has the yellow exclamation point)...
  10. Qualcomm/Atheros Wireless Lan Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Qualcomm/Atheros Wireless Lan Driver: Qualcomm/Atheros Wireless Lan Driver Version 10.0.0.326 WHQL http://www.station-drivers.com/index...d=1742&lang=en 22634