Windows 10: Wireless Mouse and Windows 10 "fix"

Discus and support Wireless Mouse and Windows 10 "fix" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; OK. This is my 2nd go around with a Dell Inspiron computer running Windows 10 and trying to deal with a wireless mouse that has the cursor all erky... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JoeMeylor1, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Wireless Mouse and Windows 10 "fix"

OK. This is my 2nd go around with a Dell Inspiron computer running Windows 10 and trying to deal with a wireless mouse that has the cursor all erky jerky across my screen. I know there are already countless posts dealing with this issue but my most recent experience brings me here tonight.

My last Dell desktop had no problems when I upgraded it from Windows 7 to Windows 10. It was only after a time that I experienced the cursor "freezing" all over the screen. Trust me when I tell you that when the problem began I read most of the posts and threads dealing with this issue. I'm no IT guy but when it comes to computer stuff I'm not too stupid. As far as I recall over a period of what seemed like a year I tried every "fix" out there short of deleting everything out of startup and adding things one at a time. That sounds like a fun day. So one night after moving the receiver from one slot to another and from front to back for what seemed like an eternity I tried something new: I plugged a single to 4 port usb splitter in and then plugged the mouse receiver into that. That immediately cured the problem and I never experienced the issue again.

So now, let's fast forward to today. Brand new Dell desktop with Windows 10 Home. I spent a day just playing with it using the usb keyboard and mouse that came with it and then when I switched to my MICROSOFT wireless mouse it took all of 30 seconds and opening up google.com before my cursor was freezing all over the screen.

This is like some bad joke! The only software had I installed was Microsoft Office and Google Chrome. Went to plan B once again installing the usb splitter and solved the problem. But this is really messed up. You can't tell me it's a "Dell" problem if the wireless mouse on my old computer worked fine for at least a year before the problem began. And you can't tell me it's about some software I have installed because on the new computer there isn't any.

I wish success for any of you that try my "fix" If it worked for me it's got to work for someone else.

:)

JoeMeylor1, Feb 20, 2021
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Logitech Wireless Mouse

Hi Ken,

Not working wireless mouse could be due to the following:

• Outdated device driver
    • No device driver installed
    • Faulty wireless mouse receiver

We would like to know some information to better isolate the issue:

• Have you done any changes (like updating your Windows) on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried using using your wireless mouse on other computer and checked if the issue persists?
    • Have you tried updating your wireless mouse driver?

For initial troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to run Windows troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshoot in the search box and press Enter.
    • Select Hardware and Devices, then click
      Run the troubleshooter

If the troubleshooter didn't work, you can check this
    article
    about updating your wireless mouse driver.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Remon Ont, Feb 20, 2021
  3. Us-Home Win User
    Mouse (wireless and non-wireless) and Windows 10 not working together

Hello, Both Microsoft USB dual receiver wireless mouse and Logitech LX3 mouse function erratically with Windows 10. I have to click multiple times to make a window or area active, trying to highlight a word or phrase takes multiple
    attempts. I've checked 'Fix mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows' without success. Properties show the devices are working normally. Suggestions?

Us-Home, Feb 20, 2021
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Wireless Mouse and Windows 10 "fix"

Wireless mouse "driver is unavailable" issues

Hi,

The error Driver is unavailable means that there is no available driver installed for your mouse that’s why it is not working. We suggest that you check the mouse driver from the device manager. Follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Look for Mice and other pointing devices and click it to expand.
    • Check if there is a driver for the wireless mouse.

If there is none, we suggest that you visit the manufacturer’s website of the mouse and download then install the latest mouse driver compatible to Windows 10.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

Wireless Mouse and Windows 10 "fix"

1. Wireless Mouse and Windows 10 "fix" - Similar Threads - Wireless Mouse fix

2. Wireless mouse NOT trying to fix itself

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless mouse NOT trying to fix itself: Hello!I've bought this wireless mouse HP, possibly a mistake and 3 months later, the cursor started to shake until it arrived to the top left corner of my screen. I tried all possible ways to fix it updating the driver and uninstalling it, disabling pointer precision, etc but...
  3. Wireless mouse NOT trying to fix itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless mouse NOT trying to fix itself: Hello!I've bought this wireless mouse HP, possibly a mistake and 3 months later, the cursor started to shake until it arrived to the top left corner of my screen. I tried all possible ways to fix it updating the driver and uninstalling it, disabling pointer precision, etc but...
  4. Wireless mouse NOT trying to fix itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WIRELESS MOUSE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIRELESS MOUSE: Wireless mouse constantly shows the context menu when either right click/left click is clicked. It doesn't happen on the desktop alone. Even when I open apps like Youtube to watch a video and I want to pause, it shows the browser menu when I click on anywhere to pause the...
  6. Slow wireless mouse in Windows 10

Slow wireless mouse in Windows 10: Just thought I'd post the solution here at least my particular problem, since I haven't found it anywhere else online. My problem was caused by my 32GB Lexar USB drive, which I had left plugged in to a USB port. For some reason, that intermittently slowed my mouse down to a...
  7. Mouse wireless and non-wireless and Windows 10 not working together

Mouse wireless and non-wireless and Windows 10 not working together: Hello, Both Microsoft USB dual receiver wireless mouse and Logitech LX3 mouse function erratically with Windows 10. I have to click multiple times to make a window or area active, trying to highlight a word or phrase takes multiple attempts. I've checked 'Fix mouse,...
  8. Wireless Mouse not working in Windows 10

Wireless Mouse not working in Windows 10: Every time I need to change batteries in my mouse, it stops working. I have tried every trick in the book from support sites, but to no avail. The problem sometimes will fix itself, but this may take several days. IT seems to me to be an problem in windows 10. Is there...
  9. wireless mouse

wireless mouse: I just unpacked my brand new computer and cannot make the wireless mouse work. What am I doing wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-mouse/2923a721-1920-4862-9667-43d9bb4df3fa
  10. Jerky wireless mouse after Windows 10 1809 upgrade - fixed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Jerky wireless mouse after Windows 10 1809 upgrade - fixed: April 18, 2019, I upgraded to Win 10 1809 Creator's Update then my wireless mouse was very jerky....it would not move for a few seconds etc. I rolled back my Acer Aspire laptop's display driver in Device Mgr to the previous one (there were only two to choose) and the problem...