Windows 10: Wireless Mouse cursor stalling, jumping around, not working

Discus and support Wireless Mouse cursor stalling, jumping around, not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My wireless mouse has been acting erratically for the last week. It keeps stalling or jumping around. I have cleaned the mouse with air pressure and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sunnie SD, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Sunnie SD Win User

Wireless Mouse cursor stalling, jumping around, not working

My wireless mouse has been acting erratically for the last week. It keeps stalling or jumping around. I have cleaned the mouse with air pressure and even switched the mouse with another but it keeps doing the same thing. I have checked for viruses on my anti-virus software and my computer seems to be clean. My drivers seems to be up to date. What else can I do to fix this problem?

:)

Sunnie SD, Jul 20, 2020

2. Cursor and screen jumping around

I have Lenovo laptop. I cannot type anything, anywhere, any program without the cursor and screen jumping around and I then have to re-type. In just these two sentences, I have had to re-type 6 times. I have done some of the things suggested in forums,
    but nothing has worked. Make that 9 times now. The screen also jumps around and I assure you I am not touching the mouse pad.

PatNicholson1, Jul 20, 2020
  3. Cursor jumping around

Kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you using a wired or a wireless mouse?
    • Which version of Windows are you using?
    • Have you tried to use another mouse?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Katrina Men, Jul 20, 2020
  4. Wireless Mouse cursor stalling, jumping around, not working

Mouse cursor jumps around the screen.

This mouse error started on January 4th, I bought this HP laptop and first used it on December 17th, 2019. There were no cursor problems at all between December 17th and January 3rd, so, I am fairly certain that this problem was the result of using the
    internet and downloading a virus or perhaps the sinister work of an evil hacker. The error quit happening for about one day following my posting a thread about it on another message board. But then the next day it started right up again and has been annoying
    me ever since.

With my first try at fixing the cursor I searched for help pages and a Windows help page directed me to update the drivers. I did so but my computer rejected the update because I "already have the best drivers installed that exist for my computer". I did
    a virus scan with both Windows Defender and McAfee LiveSafe and no virus was found.

The most common "cursor jump" is when it disappears and reappears over the start menu icon. Occasionally the cursor will jump in the other direction towards the top and right of the screen. Other times the jump seems random and uncalculated. It doesn't
    seem to matter whether or not I am using a mouse or the touchpad. I turned off all touchpad gestures to be sure. The cursor jumps either way whether or not I am using a mouse.

Here is my initial record of this happening

"1.4.2020 5.20pm MY MOUSE CURSOR MOVED INSTANTLY TO OPEN A NEW EDGE TAB TO THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE SCREEN FROM THE LEFT SIDE OF THE SCREEN WHERE I WAS CLICKING ON A NOTEPAD TO CHANGE INFORMATION. using the touchpad mouse

1.4.2020 6.13pm I CLICKED AND HELD THE MOUSE BUTTON TO HIGHLIGHT SOME TEXT AND INSTEAD IT DISAPPEARED AND REAPPEARED AT THE TOP OF THE EDGE WINDOW AND MOVED THE WINDOW TO THE LEFT FOR A SPLIT SECOND THEN LET GO OF THE WINDOW, EFFECTIVELY MOVING IT.

1.4.2020 6.39pm ONCE AGAIN MY MOUSE WAS INVOLUNTARILY MOVED HALFWAY ACROSS THE SCREEN WHILE TRYING TO SELECT A LINK.

This has of course happened countless times since then, and as I previously mentioned already in this thread, most commonly the mouse cursor jumps to the start menu button, which it wasn't really doing at all at first. So, the error has changed behavior since
    initiating. Other changes are that it doesn't jump to the ribbons that line the tops of the windows anymore like on that first day, where I would accidentally click and drag the window because that was where the mouse cursor reappeared.

Sometimes it seemed as though it were timed and not at all random, as though someone were remotely causing the mouse cursor to jump at will. This was not possible of course because my computer could be disconnected from the internet and the mouse cursor
    would continue to jump. I also checked that my computer wasn't "tethered" through bluetooth or other wireless means. The only device that I ever connect to my laptop is an HP memory card.

I thorough search through my Event Viewer Windows Logs for January 3rd and January 4th didn't expose anything unusual.

What should I do to resolve this?

Thank you in advance for your response.

D.Titanium, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

Wireless Mouse cursor stalling, jumping around, not working

1. Wireless Mouse cursor stalling, jumping around, not working - Similar Threads - Wireless Mouse cursor

2. Mouse cursor jumping around on VHD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor jumping around on VHD: Hi all. I have recently tried to dual boot a Windows 7 SSD installation with a Windows flavour on a VHD. I have tried couple of Windows versions on the VHD, but the mouse/cursor starts jumping around once drivers get installed only on the the VHD install. It's OK in Safe...
  3. Mouse cursor jumping around on VHD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse cursor jumping around on VHD: Hi all. I have recently tried to dual boot a Windows 7 SSD installation with a Windows flavour on a VHD. I have tried couple of Windows versions on the VHD, but the mouse/cursor starts jumping around once drivers get installed only on the the VHD install. It's OK in Safe...
  4. Mouse cursors jumping around

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursors jumping around: Hi,I tried everything i found on the internet and nothing seems to help. I had this problem before but disabling touch screen fixed it however it doesnt help this time. I got problem that my cursor jumps to the same spot on the screen. I just can't do anything, in work im...
  5. Mouse cursors jumping around

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse cursors jumping around: Hi,I tried everything i found on the internet and nothing seems to help. I had this problem before but disabling touch screen fixed it however it doesnt help this time. I got problem that my cursor jumps to the same spot on the screen. I just can't do anything, in work im...
  6. Mouse cursors jumping around

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. MOUSE JUMPS AROUND

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MOUSE JUMPS AROUND: I've been experiencing a laggy mouse for 2 weeks now I've tries many solutions i found online n they dont work ,please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-jumps-around/60c2a60e-5c85-4979-b6df-91ba6bb348dd
  8. Mouse cursor jumps around on desktop screen

Mouse cursor jumps around on desktop screen: Hi. I am running Windows 10 subscription. I have a Logitech MX Master 3 mouse. Over the last week or so my cursor started jumping around on my screen. At first it constantly seemed to jump to the left bottom corner. I thought it was the mouse and went through all sorts of...
  9. Mouse Jumping around

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse Jumping around: While I have tried getting help online none of it has helped so far from uninstalling drivers, disabling touchpad, using different mouses (ihome, ibuypower, and logitech g), updating, no matter what they never helped and I before a week or two ago I never noticed this. I...
  10. Mouse cursor jumps around the screen.

Mouse cursor jumps around the screen.: This mouse error started on January 4th, I bought this HP laptop and first used it on December 17th, 2019. There were no cursor problems at all between December 17th and January 3rd, so, I am fairly certain that this problem was the result of using the internet and...