Windows 10: Wireless Mouse keeps getting turned off automatically !

Discus and support Wireless Mouse keeps getting turned off automatically ! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I purchased Lenovo's L-300 wireless mouse, around 1-2 months back from the local Lenovo store. For the last 2-3 weeks, I have been noticing my mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by goodlad, Jun 10, 2021.

1. goodlad Win User

Wireless Mouse keeps getting turned off automatically !

I purchased Lenovo's L-300 wireless mouse, around 1-2 months back from the local Lenovo store. For the last 2-3 weeks, I have been noticing my mouse loses connectivity on its own randomly, at times just if I lift the mouse in the air & keep it back, it happens - sometimes just out of the blue - there's no consistent behavior to conclude what may be the issue. It has this red sensor light at the bottom of it - it usually shows up when you lift the mouse but when this connectivity loss happens - it doesn't glow light. I suspected may be battery has worn out but when I turn off & turn on the mouse, it works well for a certain while & again it loses power automatically. I'm literally baffled on what to do next. I have used Logitech & Dell's wireless before on my W7 laptop - used Logitech for few weeks on my Lenovo too, never had any prob back then. I was wondering if you guys had any tips ? With my Logitech's mouses - only when the mouse battery was about to wear off - I used to have issues & replacing the battery worked but with Lenovo, its totally different. I have noticed the issue is not with USB dongle of Lenovo.

:)

goodlad, Jun 10, 2021
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Install wireless mouse

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the make and model of the wireless mouse?

You may follow the steps listed below and install the wireless mouse.

• Open ‘Settings’ and click on ‘Devices’.
    • Click on ‘Bluetooth and other devices’ and turn on Bluetooth.
    • Turn on your mouse meanwhile using the ‘On/Off’ switch.
    • Press the ‘Pairing’ button on your mouse if present.

(Go through the user manual to find out if your mouse has a pairing button and where it is located.)
    • Allow the mouse to pair.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Junaid_A, Jun 10, 2021
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Logitech Wireless Mouse

Hi Ken,

Not working wireless mouse could be due to the following:

• Outdated device driver
    • No device driver installed
    • Faulty wireless mouse receiver

We would like to know some information to better isolate the issue:

• Have you done any changes (like updating your Windows) on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried using using your wireless mouse on other computer and checked if the issue persists?
    • Have you tried updating your wireless mouse driver?

For initial troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to run Windows troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshoot in the search box and press Enter.
    • Select Hardware and Devices, then click
      Run the troubleshooter

If the troubleshooter didn't work, you can check this
    article
    about updating your wireless mouse driver.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Remon Ont, Jun 10, 2021
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Wireless mouse "driver is unavailable" issues

Hi,

The error Driver is unavailable means that there is no available driver installed for your mouse that’s why it is not working. We suggest that you check the mouse driver from the device manager. Follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Look for Mice and other pointing devices and click it to expand.
    • Check if there is a driver for the wireless mouse.

If there is none, we suggest that you visit the manufacturer’s website of the mouse and download then install the latest mouse driver compatible to Windows 10.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

1. Wireless Mouse keeps getting turned off automatically ! - Similar Threads - Wireless Mouse keeps

2. "Wireless capability is turned off"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Wireless capability is turned off": Hello guys,I am currently running a Dell Windows 11 laptop, and every now and then the internet just shuts off and doesn't connect at all. I try to turn it back on via Quick Settings however when i turn it off, it just says "not available" underneath it. I don't really know...
  3. Wireless mouse prevents screen from turning off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wireless mouse prevents screen from turning off: I have microsoft wireless mouse and when it is plugged in my screen and pc doesn't go to sleep. In device settings I have the box to "allow this device to wake up pc" unchecked In bios all the wake up devices are disabled What else can I do ?...
  4. Wireless mouse prevents screen from turning off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless mouse prevents screen from turning off: I have microsoft wireless mouse and when it is plugged in my screen and pc doesn't go to sleep. In device settings I have the box to "allow this device to wake up pc" unchecked In bios all the wake up devices are disabled What else can I do ?...
  5. Wireless mouse prevents screen from turning off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Wireless mouse prevents monitor from turning off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wireless mouse prevents monitor from turning off: My screen doesn't go to sleep if my wireless mouse is plugged in, solution ? submitted by /u/PursuingAmerica [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/viosmb/wireless_mouse_prevents_monitor_from_turning_off/
  7. Wireless network drivers keeps getting turned off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wireless network drivers keeps getting turned off: submitted by /u/Abyssal_Groot [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dkpvuj/wireless_network_drivers_keeps_getting_turned_off/
  8. My screen keeps turning off automatically

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My screen keeps turning off automatically: My HP Notebook keeps turning its screen off after around 5 minutes of inactivity. I have all the settings set to never turn off or go into sleep mode/turn off. I also have my screen saver to none. Yet it still keeps turning off, and no it is not overheating....
  9. wireless capability turn off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wireless capability turn off: hi teaml .im one of your fellow user on laptop ME laptop model,i have updte it to windows 10 lat month im using wifi and other etc,but from a few days back my brother touch my laptop and i cant turn on wifi whenever i try to switch on wifi i cant use it the thing display was...
  10. Turn On or Off Connect Automatically to Wireless Network in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Connect Automatically to Wireless Network in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Connect Automatically to Wireless Network in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Connect Automatically to Wireless Network in Windows 10 When you password key, and security information to be able to connect to a wireless network. This tutorial...