Windows 10: Wireless mouse pointer freezes for 1 minute on the screen randomly. Tried everything,...

Discus and support Wireless mouse pointer freezes for 1 minute on the screen randomly. Tried everything,... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, This drives me crazy. My Logitech optical wireless mouse was working for 2 years without any problem. The day before yesterday started to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mr. Jack Hill, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Wireless mouse pointer freezes for 1 minute on the screen randomly. Tried everything,...

Hi all,

This drives me crazy. My Logitech optical wireless mouse was working for 2 years without any problem. The day before yesterday started to randomly freeze with the arrow visible on the screen, independently of what I am doing. There is no event associated with it in Event Viewer. If it freezes, it lasts for about a minute, so I have to use the touchpad.

What I did so far: updated all the drivers with Driver Easy.

Disabled the driver for the logitech mouse and restarted the computer.

Disabled "Enhace pointer precision".

Changed battery.

Changed USB port.

Tested another wireless mouse (also freezes to the screen).

Ran SFC/Scannow

Used the DISM command.

No problem is found.

What else could it be?

I did not do any change to the PC. The problem just popped up out of thin air. As usual. Because this is Windows 10.

:)

Mr. Jack Hill, Aug 30, 2019
  2. McPlot Win User

Mouse pointer freezes randomly

I am having an issue with the mouse pointer freezing up randomly after the upgrade to Windows 10. 4 different mice. Including a Microsoft branded mouse. I have seen others with this same problem on the boards, but none of the suggestions worked. So I went
    to chat. The chat reps could not figure it out. Now get this....

They told me that Microsoft Mice, do not work properly with Windows 10.

Yes, they actually told me this. They are insistent that all 4 of my mice are bad when they all work fine in my Windows 7 machine and they worked fine on this machine before I upgraded it to Windows 10 a few weeks ago from Windows 8.1

Does anyone have an actual clue on what is going on?

McPlot, Aug 30, 2019
  3. mrmike Win User
    Mouse Pointer Sticking

Every 5/10 minutes, my mouse pointer keeps sticking, for around 1 second, then jumps to where it should have been. It's almost as if the pointer isn't actually sticking but the screen isn't updating. This started happening after upgrading to Windows 10.

Any suggestions?

mrmike, Aug 30, 2019
  4. OS_490 Win User

Wireless mouse pointer freezes for 1 minute on the screen randomly. Tried everything,...

mouse pointer freezing

For the past few days, my mouse pointer has been randomly freezing, I have restarted, changed mice, etc to no avail. Windows 10 Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763

OS_490, Aug 30, 2019
Thema:

Wireless mouse pointer freezes for 1 minute on the screen randomly. Tried everything,...

1. Wireless mouse pointer freezes for 1 minute on the screen randomly. Tried everything,... - Similar Threads - Wireless mouse pointer

2. Mouse Pointer Freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Pointer Freezing: Twice today my mouse froze, a couple hours apart. I had to do a hard shutdown, restart, and then the mouse worked.why is that suddenly happening and can this be fixed?last week my motherboard and power supply went out, lucking Dell sent a tech over to fix it. Might that be a...
  3. Mouse Pointer Freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Pointer Freezing: Twice today my mouse froze, a couple hours apart. I had to do a hard shutdown, restart, and then the mouse worked.why is that suddenly happening and can this be fixed?last week my motherboard and power supply went out, lucking Dell sent a tech over to fix it. Might that be a...
  4. Mouse Pointer Freezing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Mouse keeps freezing, tried everything....

Mouse keeps freezing, tried everything....: Hi, My mouse keeps freezing for around 2 seconds. Mostly when i lift my mouse and put it back om my mousepad, but sometimes it happens random to. I tried everything i can find to fix it, but nothing worked. Can someone please help?...
  6. Freezing mouse pointer

Freezing mouse pointer: My Microsoft Precision Mouse pointer freezes from time to time when I have not used it for a shorter or longer time. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. If I pull out the transceiver and plug it in again, it usually unfreezes the mouse, but if not, and I move...
  7. Mouse pointer freezes

Mouse pointer freezes: Not all the time, but enough to make it annoying, my mouse pointer freezes if I move it across the page quickly. Sometimes it is only for 10-15 seconds - other times it's a lot longer. Sometimes I have to take the dongle out and put it back in the USB slot before it works. Is...
  8. Wireless Mouse Pointer Issue

Wireless Mouse Pointer Issue: I have a wireless mouse that I just bought about 6 months ago. I was using the mouse when suddenly the pointer changed from the standard pointer to something that looks like a zipper. Any suggestions or fixes? I'm not a computer wiz by any stretch of the imagination so please...
  9. mouse pointer freezing

mouse pointer freezing: For the past few days, my mouse pointer has been randomly freezing, I have restarted, changed mice, etc to no avail. Windows 10 Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer-freezing/eb39e85b-f35a-4403-9951-413271fb3574
  10. Mouse pointer randomly moves on the screen

Mouse pointer randomly moves on the screen: My mouse pad is making the mouse hard to hold steady. Or it randomly shoots in any direction. Also my touch screen is not working anymore? ***Modified title Original: Mouse pad, touchscreen***...