Windows 10: Wireless mouse prevents screen from turning off

Discus and support Wireless mouse prevents screen from turning off in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have microsoft wireless mouse and when it is plugged in my screen and pc doesn't go to sleep. In device settings I have the box to "allow this device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Safodo., Jul 31, 2022.

1. Safodo. Win User

Wireless mouse prevents screen from turning off

I have microsoft wireless mouse and when it is plugged in my screen and pc doesn't go to sleep. In device settings I have the box to "allow this device to wake up pc" unchecked In bios all the wake up devices are disabled What else can I do ?

:)

Safodo., Jul 31, 2022

2. Windows wireless keyboard/mouse prevents screensaver / turn off screen

Hi,

I recently bought a Microsoft Wireless desktop 900 (keyboard + mouse), and when connected, it prevents the screen to turn off for power saving. It also prevents the screensaver to kick in.

I'm pretty sure it's the Wireless desktop, and particularly the USB wireless receiver. When I unplug the USB receiver, everything works ok. I also tried to remove the batteries from the keyboard and the mouse, and let the USB receiver plugged, and it also
    prevents the screen to turn off.

I tried to update the drivers, but I see nothing to update.

I'm using Windows 10 with all the possible updates. The laptop is new and so the Windows 10 install is fresh.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Gerard

Gerard_cat, Jul 31, 2022
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Logitech Wireless Mouse

Hi Ken,

Not working wireless mouse could be due to the following:

• Outdated device driver
    • No device driver installed
    • Faulty wireless mouse receiver

We would like to know some information to better isolate the issue:

• Have you done any changes (like updating your Windows) on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried using using your wireless mouse on other computer and checked if the issue persists?
    • Have you tried updating your wireless mouse driver?

For initial troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to run Windows troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshoot in the search box and press Enter.
    • Select Hardware and Devices, then click
      Run the troubleshooter

If the troubleshooter didn't work, you can check this
    article
    about updating your wireless mouse driver.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Remon Ont, Jul 31, 2022
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Install wireless mouse

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the make and model of the wireless mouse?

You may follow the steps listed below and install the wireless mouse.

• Open ‘Settings’ and click on ‘Devices’.
    • Click on ‘Bluetooth and other devices’ and turn on Bluetooth.
    • Turn on your mouse meanwhile using the ‘On/Off’ switch.
    • Press the ‘Pairing’ button on your mouse if present.

(Go through the user manual to find out if your mouse has a pairing button and where it is located.)
    • Allow the mouse to pair.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Junaid_A, Jul 31, 2022
Thema:

1. Wireless mouse prevents screen from turning off - Similar Threads - Wireless mouse prevents

2. MoUsoCoreWorker.exe Preventing Monitors from turning off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MoUsoCoreWorker.exe Preventing Monitors from turning off: I have a desktop pc that is also my home media server, so it needs to be on most of the time. One of them is an OLED so I get it them to sleep after 5 minutes of inactivity. I use powercfg -requests to see what is preventing them from turning off and for the last couple of...
  3. Wireless mouse prevents screen from turning off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wireless mouse prevents screen from turning off: I have microsoft wireless mouse and when it is plugged in my screen and pc doesn't go to sleep. In device settings I have the box to "allow this device to wake up pc" unchecked In bios all the wake up devices are disabled What else can I do ?...
  4. Wireless mouse prevents screen from turning off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless mouse prevents screen from turning off: I have microsoft wireless mouse and when it is plugged in my screen and pc doesn't go to sleep. In device settings I have the box to "allow this device to wake up pc" unchecked In bios all the wake up devices are disabled What else can I do ?...
  5. Wireless mouse prevents monitor from turning off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wireless mouse prevents monitor from turning off: My screen doesn't go to sleep if my wireless mouse is plugged in, solution ? submitted by /u/PursuingAmerica [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/viosmb/wireless_mouse_prevents_monitor_from_turning_off/
  6. Prevent screen from turning off when screen recording

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prevent screen from turning off when screen recording: Hi! Is it possible to prevent my screen from turning off when I'm recording it through the Xbox Game Bar (Win + G)? If my screen turns off during recording, the recording is stopped and not saved, which can be really annoying. On the other hand, when I am not recording my...
  7. Wireless USB Keybrd/Mouse combo prevents Win10 from turning screen off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless USB Keybrd/Mouse combo prevents Win10 from turning screen off: Hi TenForums! I recently bought a new Microsoft Wireless Desktop 900 Keyboard and Mouse Combo, which comes with a USB transceiver. I have my screens (laptop and external screen) set to turn off after 10 minutes of inactivity. The screens do turn off, but immediately turn on...
  8. Preventing Logitech wireless mouse from waking computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Preventing Logitech wireless mouse from waking computer: Hello. I have gone into the mouse properties and unchecked "allows this device to wake computer" for both the mouse and the receiver since it was listed there. The mouse still wakes the computer. I only want to wake it with the wireless keyboard which uses a separate...
  9. Keyboard prevents display from turning off

Keyboard prevents display from turning off: I use Microsoft comfort keyboard 5050. When I am trying to turn off my display,a few seconds later it turns on again. It is an ongoing issue problem. So I had to unplug the usb...
  10. Prevent wireless mouse from waking PC from hibernation

Prevent wireless mouse from waking PC from hibernation: Hi started using Hibernate mode all the time now, as it’s so much easier to resume work in progress, I am told it doesn’t use any more power than if the PC is shutdown. BUT I need to prevent my wireless mouse from waking PC from hibernation. Have turned off option in mouse...