Windows 10: Wireless mouse stopped working

Discus and support Wireless mouse stopped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My wireless logiteck mouse has suddenly stopped working. Replaced batteries, checked usb port, there is only one, used multiple usb device, tried a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KerrieGougeon, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Wireless mouse stopped working

My wireless logiteck mouse has suddenly stopped working. Replaced batteries, checked usb port, there is only one, used multiple usb device, tried a Microsoft wireless mouse too. Nothing worked. There is no arrow on the screen. HELP please. Using on a 2017 Microsoft Surface.

:)

KerrieGougeon, Feb 2, 2020

2. wireless mouse stopped working

Hello,

One of the possible reasons why your wireless mouse has stopped working is due to a driver or software conflict. Since you have already tried some troubleshooting steps, we would suggest you to follow the methods provided on this

support link
    on how to Resolve Bluetooth mouse or keyboard failure to function.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Feb 2, 2020
  3. Wireless Mouse stops working when external HDD plugged in to USB3 port

I have a minor but annoying problem and can't find a solution....

My wireless mouse stops working when an external USB3 HDD is plugged in to USB3 port. The mouse is about 3 feet away from the receiver.

My mouse is a Logitech M310.

• I don't have the problem if a USB 2 external HDD is connected to either a USB2 or USB3 port.
    • I have moved the mouse receiver to different ports on both the front and back of the computer but this doesn't change anything.
    • If I move the mouse very close to the receiver (a couple of inches), it works so it seems that the wireless range is reduced when the USB3 HDD is plugged in.
    • If I connect a wired mouse, it works fine.
    • I have 2 USB3 ports and the problem is the same on both.
    • If the USB3 HDD is connected to a USB2 port, the mouse works normally.
    • I changed the battery in the mouse but this didn't help.
    • the USB3 HDD is a WD Passport that is self powered through the USB port.

Any suggestions?

dsscottage, Feb 2, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Wireless mouse stopped working

Logitech Wireless Mouse

Hi Ken,

Not working wireless mouse could be due to the following:

• Outdated device driver
    • No device driver installed
    • Faulty wireless mouse receiver

We would like to know some information to better isolate the issue:

• Have you done any changes (like updating your Windows) on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried using using your wireless mouse on other computer and checked if the issue persists?
    • Have you tried updating your wireless mouse driver?

For initial troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to run Windows troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshoot in the search box and press Enter.
    • Select Hardware and Devices, then click
      Run the troubleshooter

If the troubleshooter didn't work, you can check this
    article
    about updating your wireless mouse driver.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Remon Ont, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

Wireless mouse stopped working

1. Wireless mouse stopped working - Similar Threads - Wireless mouse stopped

2. wireless mouse stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wireless mouse stopped working: I have a logitech M325 mouse/keyboard that was working fine. I plugged it into another computer with no issues, but when I plugged it back into my computer the mouse and keyboard no longer work. When I plug in the adapter the computer makes a noise which i think means that it...
  3. wireless mouse stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wireless mouse stopped working: I have a logitech M325 mouse/keyboard that was working fine. I plugged it into another computer with no issues, but when I plugged it back into my computer the mouse and keyboard no longer work. When I plug in the adapter the computer makes a noise which i think means that it...
  4. wireless mouse stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Wireless mouse stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless mouse stopped working: My HID-compliant USB wireless mouse ran out of battery. Since I replaced the battery, the computer recognizes the device but the mouse doesnt respond. I have tried installing driver updates for the computer and the mouse. I only have one port so cant try plugging it into...
  6. Wireless mouse stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless mouse stopped working: My HID-compliant USB wireless mouse ran out of battery. Since I replaced the battery, the computer recognizes the device but the mouse doesnt respond. I have tried installing driver updates for the computer and the mouse. I only have one port so cant try plugging it into...
  7. Wireless mouse stopped working

8. Wireless mouse stopped working

Wireless mouse stopped working: Hi My Logik wireless mouse stopped working a few weeks ago. I thought it was the battery but after buying new ones have found it still will not work. I have tried all the things I know. Can anyone help? Has a recent update to my laptop caused it and if so what do I need to...
  9. MS wireless mouse stopped working

MS wireless mouse stopped working: My MS wireless mouse stopped working within the last few weeks. I presume it is due to an update. Worked fine since I bought it until now. I have a Surface Pro 4, running Win 10 v1809 (17763.1950). no driver updates in a few months, so not that. one quality update on the...
  10. wireless mouse stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    wireless mouse stopped working: mouse stopped working - bought new one, same problem. Light turns on but stays lit for ten seconds only. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-mouse-stopped-working/3ba99e13-093d-4300-9a55-14e2ca7613f5