Windows 10: Wireless Mouse Stops Working After Laptop Wakes from Hibernate

Discus and support Wireless Mouse Stops Working After Laptop Wakes from Hibernate in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a wireless USB mouse. Every time I wake my computer from hibernate, my wireless USB mouse stops working. The mouse is powered on and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AliShan9, Mar 18, 2021.

1. AliShan9 Win User

Wireless Mouse Stops Working After Laptop Wakes from Hibernate

I have a wireless USB mouse. Every time I wake my computer from hibernate, my wireless USB mouse stops working. The mouse is powered on and the batteries are new. I've tried multiple solutions listed below based on search results from this forum to try and resolve this issue without any luck

1. I tried to uninstall and reinstall the driver after a fresh restart
    2. I have checked the device properties in Device Manager for this mouse to make sure that the "Allow The Computer to Turn Off This Device to Save Power" under Power Management is unchecked.
    3. I have tried using a different port without luck as well as unplugging the device for 10 minutes before plugging back in.
    4. I have check windows for any updates and seem to be up to date.

What I have found that DOES seem to get the mouse working again is by doing the following:

1. Plug the USB receiver into the USB port of another laptop that is powered on.
    2. Unplug the receiver and plug the receiver back into the laptop I was originally having the issue with.

Although this work and gets the mouse working again, its is very inconvenient and I was hoping someone on this forum has a way to fix this problem. Any suggestions?

If it helps the brand of the mouse is "Seenda" and the model number is "IWG-WJM01".

Thank You!

:)

AliShan9, Mar 18, 2021

2. Prevent wireless mouse from waking PC from hibernation

Already did this, made no difference, maybe because it’s a wireless mouse......going to look in dev manager & see if the mouse is listed as a keyboard...prefer to wake from hibernation with the keyboard, with mouse disabled, as the PC power button is a bit weak and prefer not to use it......

reddwarf4ever, Mar 18, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Prevent wireless mouse from waking PC from hibernation

Ok, here's the long version.. from my first link

This idea may or may not help you.

Then I said

You may also discover more by using the powercfg command (the above gives examples).
    At a command prompt you can of course use
    powercfg /?
    etc to examine options.

E.g. this which hopefully relates to your experience.
    How to stop Logitech Wireless mice from waking PC from sleep - CPUs, Motherboards, and Memory - Linus Tech Tips

·

dalchina, Mar 18, 2021
  4. Wireless Mouse Stops Working After Laptop Wakes from Hibernate

Prevent wireless mouse from waking PC from hibernation

Am not sure if this help you to stop wireless mouse from waking PC from hibernation
    Try go your Windows Device Managers and find Mice and Other pointing Devices click on your right mouse to properties tab choose Power Management then untick see below picture >

Wireless Mouse Stops Working After Laptop Wakes from Hibernate [​IMG]

How to enable or disable hibernate in Windows 10

And go to your Windows Command type in search box ' CMD' run as Administrator
    In the Command Prompt window, type powercfg.exe /hibernate off and press the Enter key. Exit the Command Prompt window.

Hope this help you! I have done on my PC it peace my mind and worked as charm!!

coolmistry, Mar 18, 2021
Thema:

Wireless Mouse Stops Working After Laptop Wakes from Hibernate

1. Wireless Mouse Stops Working After Laptop Wakes from Hibernate - Similar Threads - Wireless Mouse Stops

2. wireless mouse stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wireless mouse stopped working: I have a logitech M325 mouse/keyboard that was working fine. I plugged it into another computer with no issues, but when I plugged it back into my computer the mouse and keyboard no longer work. When I plug in the adapter the computer makes a noise which i think means that it...
  3. Wireless mouse stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless mouse stopped working: My HID-compliant USB wireless mouse ran out of battery. Since I replaced the battery, the computer recognizes the device but the mouse doesnt respond. I have tried installing driver updates for the computer and the mouse. I only have one port so cant try plugging it into...
  4. Laptop wakes from Hibernate

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop wakes from Hibernate: I know this problem has been posted many times before, but I have yet to see any answers that help me, and I hope that I will, as this is increasingly frustrating. I have an Asus Zenbook UX434FLC and am using the option to Hibernate when I press the Power button. However,...
  5. Logitech Keyboard/Mouse will not wake from hibernation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Logitech Keyboard/Mouse will not wake from hibernation: I have a Logitech keyboard and mouse connected to my laptop via the USB receiver. I am able to wake up my computer from sleep using either the mouse or keyboard but not from hibernation. Any help or suggestions. TIA! submitted by /u/rubeo_O [link] [comments]...
  6. Prevent wireless mouse from waking PC from hibernation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Prevent wireless mouse from waking PC from hibernation: Hi started using Hibernate mode all the time now, as it’s so much easier to resume work in progress, I am told it doesn’t use any more power than if the PC is shutdown. BUT I need to prevent my wireless mouse from waking PC from hibernation. Have turned off option in mouse...
  7. Wireless mouse stopped working

Wireless mouse stopped working: Hi My Logik wireless mouse stopped working a few weeks ago. I thought it was the battery but after buying new ones have found it still will not work. I have tried all the things I know. Can anyone help? Has a recent update to my laptop caused it and if so what do I need to...
  8. wireless mouse stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    wireless mouse stopped working: mouse stopped working - bought new one, same problem. Light turns on but stays lit for ten seconds only. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-mouse-stopped-working/3ba99e13-093d-4300-9a55-14e2ca7613f5
  9. USB ports sometimes stop working after waking up from hibernation

USB ports sometimes stop working after waking up from hibernation: I have an ASUS laptop and I have been facing an issue where the USB ports sometimes stop working after waking up from hibernation. I mean, every device that is plugged into them stops working, such as wireless mouse, wireless keyboard, wireless gaming controller, USB headset,...
  10. PC wakes from hibernation with mouse and keyboard

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC wakes from hibernation with mouse and keyboard: Hi all. I've been struggling for weeks in finding a solution to this very annoying behavior of my new desktop pc running W10 Pro x64. I have successfully activated hibernate mode (S4), yet whenever the PC is hibernated a shake of the mouse or the press of any key on the...