Windows 10: Wireless network adapter automatically shuts off every time I play a game on Steam.

Discus and support Wireless network adapter automatically shuts off every time I play a game on Steam. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I play a game on Steam online and I've been playing since the end of last year when I bought my laptop. Recently however, whenever I join into an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Zuzuuh, Jul 15, 2020.

1. /u/Zuzuuh Win User

Wireless network adapter automatically shuts off every time I play a game on Steam.

I play a game on Steam online and I've been playing since the end of last year when I bought my laptop. Recently however, whenever I join into an online lobby and the game is about to begin, my internet shuts off on my laptop only and my wireless network adapter gets disabled automatically with the explanation point sign. I have tried going into properties and unchecking the box that says "allow windows to turn off device to save power" and have tried uninstalling the device and then reinstalling my adapter and checking for updates which isn't fixing the problem.

Anyone have any advice?

submitted by /u/Zuzuuh
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Zuzuuh, Jul 15, 2020

2. Wireless Adapter not working

Hi Nabil,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query. We will assist you in resolving your issue.

Method 1:

Step 1: Update network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand the Network adapters from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select Update option.
    • Restart the computer and check if the changes are effective.
    Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to uninstall the network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.
    • Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand the Network adapters from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer for automatic installation of network adapters and check if the changes are effective.

Hope this helps !

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jul 15, 2020
  3. Skrelp Win User
    Internet drops whenever I play a steam game

I'm having this weird issue on my new Laptop. Whenever I play a Steam game that's connected to the internet (e.g. Rocket League or Slay The Spire with Twitch Integration enabled) my internet seems to drop below 1 Mbit/s up and down. This seems to only affect my Laptop though. The Internet connection for e.g. my Phone is still stable. I'm using WiFi for both.
    This seems to happen only for games I bought on Steam. However, I don't have to start them through Steam for my internet to drop. E.g. Starting Slay The Spire through the jar with Twitch Integration enabled also causes the internet to drop. If Twitch Integration is disabled, no drop happens.

Also testing with MoonLighter yielded the following result: Starting the game normally causes the internet to drop. However, if I block the Game in the Windows Firewall, the internet connection is unaffected if I open the game.

Speedtest on my Laptop with no Steam game open:
    Screenshot
    (26.7 Mbit/s down / 9.01 Mbit/s up)

Speedtest with RocketLeague open (Only in the Main Menu without joining a game):
    Screenshot (0.53 Mbit/s down / 0.20 Mbit/s up)

After googling a bit I found this tip that states turning off flow control is a potential fix. This did not work for me.

My Laptop has two different Network adapters: Intel (R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 and Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

If anyone knows a way to fix this or why it is happening please speak up. Help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Skrelp, Jul 15, 2020
  4. Sheena M. Win User

Wireless network adapter automatically shuts off every time I play a game on Steam.

automatically shuts offs the game

Hi saurabh biyani,

Thank you for posting on the forum.

According to your post, the game Temple Run is automatically shutting off on your Nokia Lumia 620.

Please try all the troubleshooting steps in this article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2508228/en-us

If the issue persists, please contact the game publisher for further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Sheena M., Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Wireless network adapter automatically shuts off every time I play a game on Steam. - Similar Threads - Wireless network adapter

2. Got Bsod every time that I play game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Got Bsod every time that I play game: Hi I got bsod after I open games here a bsod code that I seenCritical Process DiedI even installed new windows but its still not fixmy spec :i5 8400Gigabyte H370 HD3Gigabyte GTX 1080Ti AROUS 11GCorsair Vengence 16GB 8*2 3200Corsair MP510 240GB...
  3. Got Bsod every time that I play game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Got Bsod every time that I play game: Hi I got bsod after I open games here a bsod code that I seenCritical Process DiedI even installed new windows but its still not fixmy spec :i5 8400Gigabyte H370 HD3Gigabyte GTX 1080Ti AROUS 11GCorsair Vengence 16GB 8*2 3200Corsair MP510 240GB...
  4. Got Bsod every time that I play game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I am trying to play 2k games on steam and every time I start a 2k game I get a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am trying to play 2k games on steam and every time I start a 2k game I get a...: Windows system 32 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-play-2k-games-on-steam-and-every/abff47d6-6e57-4b52-b833-0a2e9912de33
  6. I am trying to play 2k games on steam and every time I start a 2k game I get a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to play 2k games on steam and every time I start a 2k game I get a...: Windows system 32 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-play-2k-games-on-steam-and-every/abff47d6-6e57-4b52-b833-0a2e9912de33
  7. Wireless Network adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless Network adapter: I recently had trouble with my Realtek 8821ae wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-e nic. Every hour or so my internet would get cut out and it would be a massive problem. The only way I could fix this is by restarting my computer only to face the same problem again. My computer is a...
  8. Wireless network adapters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless network adapters: The wifi card i have in my custom built PC is a qualcomm atheros QCA61x4, and recently it hasn't been working. For the past few months I've been utilizing a wired connection, but I moved and now use wifi, but I cannot detect any networks and therefore can't use the internet...
  9. wireless network adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wireless network adapter: my wireless network adapter keeps disconnecting i've taken all the recommended steps so far but have had no success fixing the problem. Other devices work fine on it, ethernet works fine on the device in question but wireless connection disconnects over and over and over...
  10. Wireless Network Adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless Network Adapter: Acer Laptop, O/S: win 10 64 bit, the Qualcomm Atheros Wireless Network adapter is not working; tried to reinstall driver but failed (error 10). What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-network-adapter/e5121563-83e5-4bba-9296-23feb77f6b12