Windows 10: Wireless Network Adapter disappeared after Windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support Wireless Network Adapter disappeared after Windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was finally able to get connection last night. I'll try your suggestion so I don't have further issues. Thank you! Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SingularityRS, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Hbcubs Win User

Wireless Network Adapter disappeared after Windows 10 upgrade

I was finally able to get connection last night. I'll try your suggestion so I don't have further issues. Thank you!

Hbcubs, Aug 18, 2015
  2. tdublyou Win User

Mine was fixed by the same as Robbie (quoted below). I went into Device Manager and deleted the driver for the wireless device, then restarted the PC. However, the PC wouldn't restart without my first attaching a live Ethernet cable to the PC. Once I did the driver was installed automatically, and the PC booted fine.

tdublyou, Aug 22, 2015
  3. Anotsu Win User
    I had the same problem, my WiFi was missing from Network and Sharing, and disappeared from Device Manager. I tried several solutions I searched for, none of them were useful seeing as the driver was missing from Device Manager. I assumed the WiFi adapter just broke. I didn't try reverting back to Windows 8 or anything, I tried restating several times, was still missing. Finally I decided to just shut my computer down and go to sleep. The next morning I turned it on and surprisingly the WiFi appeared in Network and Sharing, and was recognized in the Device Manager as well. WiFi still didn't work so I just downgraded the version of the driver in Device Manager and everything worked again. WiFi was missing after a Windows 10 upgrade just like happened to you. But looks like it fixed itself after just shutting down and letting it rest for a few hours.

Anotsu, Aug 27, 2015
  4. Wireless Network Adapter disappeared after Windows 10 upgrade

I have similar kind of problem except that after upgrading to Win 10 wireless was working fine; let me tell some history and symptoms.

It started when I noticed there is a big delay when I want to open network and sharing center and change settings, such as dns server. I tried many solutions I saw on web: virus scans with various antivirus software; trying a repair with sfc/scannow command, resetting tcp/ip protocol etc.; finally decided to reinstall the wireless adapter driver.

The worst part started after, even though I reinstalled it back, and even tried a newer driver, I cannot connect any more over wlan. The point is not the driver; in device manager it shows that the driver is installed and the device is working fine. However, the “hp wireless assistant” says that, when you turn on wifi in it, “it is disabled in the device manager and should be re-enabled there” (I repeated this enabling/disabling several times). The wireless adapter icon in the “network and sharing center” disappeared, so did wifi settings under network section. The connection icon on the right of the taskbar now says there are no active connections (there are). In short, the system somehow “lost its wlan capability”. Some other info that could help in diagnosing: I tried an external wifi adapter to see what happens; even though it seems to be installed in device manager correctly, like the internal one, it doesn’t work. I tried going to safe mode and un/reinstalling drivers. I have connection over ethernet cable. I haven’t installed recently (just before this problem started) something suspicious like vpn or antivirus software, I have always used Microsoft’s security essentials.
    It will be so difficult to make a clean install for me at the moment, and even I’m not sure whether it would fix the problem; so I’d appreciate if someone could offer a way around.

Laptop: HP Pavilion DV7 3080ef / Wlan adapter: Intel Wifi 5100 / OS: Windows 10

microprochessor, Nov 20, 2015
  5. darklore Win User
    Ok guys well I have figured out the issue windows has a fast startup option in it power management so what this does is throws everything into sleep mode to get it back is what I did if you have a laptop is unplug the laptop hold down the power button for 10 secs to clear the sleep mode did this twice to make sure. After doing so i started windows back up imagine that windows took longer to load so i came to another option to my wifi adapter to never go into sleep mode which fixed it you can also go in the power options and turn off the fast startup. You go to control panel>hardware and sound> power options now in this click on the left where it says choose what i do when i hit the power button. Down at the bottom there are shutdown settings that are grayed out click on the change setting that are currently unavailable. They will now become ungrayed and uncheck turn on fast startup this should solve your issues. This should also work for anything that is wireless i.e. going into airplane mode or not seeing wireless bluetooth.

darklore, Nov 27, 2015
  6. Kiwi1 Win User
    Perfect....thanks so much. The fix worked exactly as you described.

Kiwi1, Dec 17, 2015
  7. YOU ARE AMAZING. Thank you so much. This worked amazingly. All you have to do after changing the setting is turn off the computer and hold the power button afterwards. Once again, THANK YOU SIR

jedidude105, Jan 23, 2016
  8. mscir Win User

Thank you very much for this brilliant piece of work, my wifi adapter had disappeared from the device mgr, you saved me taking the computer apart to check the connections. Much appreciated.

mscir, Apr 2, 2016
  9. I tried this and it worked at first. However, later on when I restarted my computer it went back to having no wireless adapter. Now, no matter what I do I can't get online. *Sad

Any further advice would be greatly appreciated.

DominionWarrior, Apr 14, 2016
  10. well for me what I did to reappear my wifi and the wireless connection was I have uninstall wifi adapters(Broadcom Netlink & USB wireless lan card) after you have done this , now go to "Troubleshooting" and find and click "Hardware and Sound". Now if you look down you'll find "Hardware and Devices" and click that and now you go do all the rest. Restart your computer after you have complete the troubleshooting.

UberAmbition, Jul 5, 2016
  11. acc8999 Win User
    acc8999, Jul 5, 2016
  12. dsd5 Win User
    For all those who are still struggling with this problem ... the EASIEST solution is to connect your PC to the internet (anyhow) and then download and instlall DRIVER TALENT NETWORK CARD. I was trying to solve this damn problem for 2 days and this solved it in 3 minutes. (WIN 7)

13. Wireless Network Adapter disappeared after Windows 10 upgrade

I recommend you to use USB Wifi adapter. When you upgrade your windows to windows10. Internet connectivity issues occurs. So, you have better option is to use Windows 10 compatible USB Wifi adapters. It is easily install on windows 10 and your problem will be solved.

rosaandreas78, Sep 7, 2016
  14. ashbad Win User
    Hi darklore. Thanks a lot. I tried the steps below and it worked. I am able to connect to the internet.

ashbad, Sep 30, 2016
  15. Tornstick Win User
    Thanks for the suggestion. I had overlooked this simple solution. Saved me from System Restore every time I wanted to cast to Bravia TV.*Smile

Tornstick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Wireless Network Adapter disappeared after Windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - Wireless Network Adapter

2. Wireless Network Adapter disappeared from Device Manager after downgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Network Adapter disappeared from Device Manager after downgrade to Windows 10: I recently bought a new ASUS ROG laptop; it came with windows 11, which was completely unusable for me as Davinci Resolve will not run on it. I did not realize this fully within the 10 day allotment that you get to easily downgrade to Windows 10. So, I just installed windows...
  3. Wireless Network Adapter disappeared from Device Manager after downgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless Network Adapter disappeared from Device Manager after downgrade to Windows 10: I recently bought a new ASUS ROG laptop; it came with windows 11, which was completely unusable for me as Davinci Resolve will not run on it. I did not realize this fully within the 10 day allotment that you get to easily downgrade to Windows 10. So, I just installed windows...
  4. Wireless Network Adapter disappeared from Device Manager after downgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Wireless network adapters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless network adapters: The wifi card i have in my custom built PC is a qualcomm atheros QCA61x4, and recently it hasn't been working. For the past few months I've been utilizing a wired connection, but I moved and now use wifi, but I cannot detect any networks and therefore can't use the internet...
  6. My Wireless Network Adapters just Disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Wireless Network Adapters just Disappeared: hello, so I have a big problem. so my computer glitched out and it forced itself to shut off. when I turn it back on, my internet won't pop up and my computer is telling me that I have to connect my pc to an Ethernet cable. So I go to my device manager, go to network...
  7. wireless network adapter

wireless network adapter: my wireless network adapter keeps disconnecting i've taken all the recommended steps so far but have had no success fixing the problem. Other devices work fine on it, ethernet works fine on the device in question but wireless connection disconnects over and over and over...
  8. Connect to a wireless display disappeared after upgrading wireless network adapter to Intel...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connect to a wireless display disappeared after upgrading wireless network adapter to Intel...: After reading about a dozen articles and compiling all the requirements for Miracast, I finally figured out the settings change required for the Intel AC-9260 wireless adapter. Apparently Miracast requires both the 2.4GHz capability and the 801.11 a,b,g,n capability. In the...
  9. Wireless network adapter keeps disappearing after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wireless network adapter keeps disappearing after Windows 10 update: I have an Asus model Q502LA , my Intel Wireless Software network adapter/ driver keeps disappearing. Which prevents me from getting on the internet without an Ethernet connection. Sometimes I am able to reinstall itit whi solves the problem, but recently this no longer works....
  10. Wireless adapter disappeared after Windows update

Wireless adapter disappeared after Windows update: My friend has an odd issue. His internet stopped working after an update. It turned out that he no longer has a wireless adapter "installed." I went to HP's support site, but they only had drivers for Windows 8.1, and there were 5 different ones, at that. I tried installing...