Windows 10: Wireless Network Adapter disappeared from Device Manager after downgrade to Windows 10

Discus and support Wireless Network Adapter disappeared from Device Manager after downgrade to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently bought a new ASUS ROG laptop; it came with windows 11, which was completely unusable for me as Davinci Resolve will not run on it. I did not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kelly PG, Aug 6, 2022.

1. Kelly PG Win User

Wireless Network Adapter disappeared from Device Manager after downgrade to Windows 10

I recently bought a new ASUS ROG laptop; it came with windows 11, which was completely unusable for me as Davinci Resolve will not run on it. I did not realize this fully within the 10 day allotment that you get to easily downgrade to Windows 10. So, I just installed windows 10 from a USB stick, via the tool from the Microsoft website. I got basically everything up and running, except my wi-fi adapter is no longer showing up in Device Manager, even when I enable "show hidden devices."I've gone through every solution I can find online, like suggestions to reset all kinds of settings via comma

:)

Kelly PG, Aug 6, 2022
  2. jwblue Win User

Wireless adapter not found in Device Manager

I ran the Lenovo Solution Center. Network Adapter was not listed in the hardware scanned. Not sure if there is a separate listing for that normally or not.

Ever since I ran a power cycle the adapter has not appeared in the Device Manager.

Does anyone believe removing the adapter and putting it back would solve the issue? I would rather not open my computer if there is little chance of it solving the issue. I am a complete novice doing this.

Not sure if this is relevant but in my Network Adapter in Device Manager there was "Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter". It has since disappeared.

jwblue, Aug 6, 2022
  3. jwblue Win User
    Wireless adapter not found in Device Manager

Thank you for the help.

Ok. I was able to uninstall the Intel driver and uninstall the Lenovo Driver. Still not working.

I feel I should give a brief but full progression of the issue. It is a little bizarre.

• Initially in the network connection icon in the Windows taskbar there was a red X. In Device Manager on the icon for the adapter there was an exclamation point. What is weird is in Network and Internet Settings t the adapter was not there. Usually if it appears in Device Manager it also appears in the Network and Internet Settings in the same manner as in Device Manager. It might be a clue as to what is going on.

• After the Power Cycle there was a change in Device Manager. This seems bizarre. Initially the adapter did not appear. Then I selected "Show Hidden Devices" and it appeared but was dimmed. Then I am not sure how but it disappeared and another adapter showed. I do not remember the full name of the adapter. It was "Microsoft ______ Adapter". Then that disappeared. I do not recall the middle word but think it began with T. It is a word I have never seen. I believe it was something like "Targon".

Even though the Troubleshooter indicated it was a hardware issue I still believe it is a Windows issue.

jwblue, Aug 6, 2022
  4. Wireless Network Adapter disappeared from Device Manager after downgrade to Windows 10

Wireless Adapter disappeared on Device Manager...

Can you please help me with this problem I encountered...

Suddenly my wireless stopped working and the driver just suddenly disappeared as well...

I have already checked my Device Manager... and I have enabled the "show hidden devices" but nothing still appears on my Network Adapter drop down...

Wired Networks works but the wireless does not.

Please help me

JonathanDeita, Aug 6, 2022
Thema:

Wireless Network Adapter disappeared from Device Manager after downgrade to Windows 10

1. Wireless Network Adapter disappeared from Device Manager after downgrade to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Wireless Network Adapter

2. Wireless Network Adapter not showing in Device Manager or in Network and Sharing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless Network Adapter not showing in Device Manager or in Network and Sharing.: I bought a ASUS TUF Gamming F15 FX506LHB 1 year ago and the Network adapter has abruptly stopped working. It had been working fine beforehand.It is not showing up in Network and Sharing Centre. It was hidden in Device Manager. In fact the Bluetooth options have disappeared as...
  3. Wireless Network Adapter disappeared from Device Manager after downgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Network Adapter disappeared from Device Manager after downgrade to Windows 10: I recently bought a new ASUS ROG laptop; it came with windows 11, which was completely unusable for me as Davinci Resolve will not run on it. I did not realize this fully within the 10 day allotment that you get to easily downgrade to Windows 10. So, I just installed windows...
  4. Wireless Network Adapter disappeared from Device Manager after downgrade to Windows 10

Wireless Network Adapter disappeared from Device Manager after downgrade to Windows 10: I recently bought a new ASUS ROG laptop; it came with windows 11, which was completely unusable for me as Davinci Resolve will not run on it. I did not realize this fully within the 10 day allotment that you get to easily downgrade to Windows 10. So, I just installed windows...
  5. Wireless network adapter is hidden in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless network adapter is hidden in device manager: My Laptop Windows 10 can't connect to wifi can't find wifi option. When I check my wifi adapter in device manager it was missing, then when I click on View>>Show hidden devices. I saw my wifi adapter is disabled and I double click on it. It says "currently this hardware...
  6. Wireless network adapter is hidden in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless network adapter is hidden in device manager: My Laptop Windows 10 can't connect to wifi can't find wifi option. When I check my wifi adapter in device manager it was missing, then when I click on View>>Show hidden devices. I saw my wifi adapter is disabled and I double click on it. It says "currently this hardware...
  7. Wireless network adapter is hidden in device manager

8. Ralink Wireless adapter disappeared from Device Manager afer Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ralink Wireless adapter disappeared from Device Manager afer Windows 10 update: My wireless connection became disabled after a recent windows 10 update. My HP Pavilion desktop has a Ralink 802.11 N wireless adaptor, but I can't find a driver for it anywhere. Has anyone else had this problem, and do you know where I can get the driver??...
  9. Wireless Adapter disappeared on Device Manager...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless Adapter disappeared on Device Manager...: Can you please help me with this problem I encountered... Suddenly my wireless stopped working and the driver just suddenly disappeared as well... I have already checked my Device Manager... and I have enabled the "show hidden devices" but nothing still appears on my...
  10. Wireless Network Adapter disappeared after Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless Network Adapter disappeared after Windows 10 upgrade: Hey, So after 2 failed attempts at installing Windows 10 on an Acer Aspire Z5801 PC, I finally managed to succeed. However, a new problem appeared after installation.. The Wireless network adapter went completely missing. Windows does not detect its existence at all,...