Windows 10: Wireless Network Adapter MIA

Discus and support Wireless Network Adapter MIA in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So about a month ago I ran into the issue of my computer just randomly kicking me off of the internet. As this has happened from time to time, I knew... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ShelbyCornett, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Wireless Network Adapter MIA

So about a month ago I ran into the issue of my computer just randomly kicking me off of the internet. As this has happened from time to time, I knew to click on my internet settings on the task bar and disconnect and reconnect, nbd. Well that is until the WiFi adapter is...poof...gone...?? Network and Internet settings, again no sign of it, like ****?! I'm no computer wizard but I'm also not technology illiterate either. I notice in the corner of the task bar I have some funny symbol and when hoovered it displays "IEEE802.11 WLAN Not Exist." Come to find out Microsoft broke my wifi network adapter with some update!?!?! If this issue has been resolved, great point me in the right direction, please. However, if not, Microsoft just how are you planning to compensate me for my valuable time and the huge inconvenience you have caused?

S.O.S-from the woman whom now has to set on the floor with her laptop to be connected directly to her WiFi modem....like seriously I have **** to do and having to unplug, go to my desk, connect to my printer, scan/print, disconnect, go set back on the floor to plug back in, smdh.....

:)

ShelbyCornett, Nov 15, 2019

2. Wireless Adapter not working

Hi Nabil,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query. We will assist you in resolving your issue.

Method 1:

Step 1: Update network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand the Network adapters from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select Update option.
    • Restart the computer and check if the changes are effective.
    Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to uninstall the network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.
    • Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand the Network adapters from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer for automatic installation of network adapters and check if the changes are effective.

Hope this helps !

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Nov 15, 2019
  3. Which network adapter?

My friend recently came over to my house with his laptop. Before I could connect him to my lan he detected several wireless networks in the area. I want to connect to these wireless networks, but I don't know what kind of adapter I need. I searched his laptop model and this is his network adapter http://www.intel.com/network/connectivity/products/wireless/wireless_n/overview.htm

It seems he could get both N, and G signals

what would any of you guys suggest?

Network_guy, Nov 15, 2019
  4. Wireless Network Adapter MIA

network adapters

Hi, Michael.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per my understanding, you may be facing an issue with your driver updates.

I suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if it helps you resolve your issue.

Method 1: Network troubleshooting

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”
        • Click on “Network and Internet”
        • Click on “Network Adapter” and run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the Network adapter

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “ Device Manager”
    • On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “ Network driver” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest Wireless network adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

Wireless Network Adapter MIA

1. Wireless Network Adapter MIA - Similar Threads - Wireless Network Adapter

2. Wireless Network adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless Network adapter: Hi I tried to unistall my wireless network adapter via device manager, but after restarting my laptop it didn’t reinstall the wirelesd network adapter so I can not connect to any wifi-network. Can someone please help me? Thanks in advance...
  3. Wireless Network adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless Network adapter: I recently had problems with my Realtek 8821ae wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-e nic. So I went to my manufacturer's website. Which is https://www.asus.com/us/supportonly/X540MA/HelpDesk_Download/. My CPU/BIOS Model is X540MA and my OS is Windows 10 64-Bit. I went to the networking...
  4. Wireless Network adapter

Wireless Network adapter: I recently had trouble with my Realtek 8821ae wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-e nic. Every hour or so my internet would get cut out and it would be a massive problem. The only way I could fix this is by restarting my computer only to face the same problem again. My computer is a...
  5. Wireless network adapters

Wireless network adapters: The wifi card i have in my custom built PC is a qualcomm atheros QCA61x4, and recently it hasn't been working. For the past few months I've been utilizing a wired connection, but I moved and now use wifi, but I cannot detect any networks and therefore can't use the internet...
  6. Wireless network adapter

Wireless network adapter: I’ve been having an issue with my wireless network adapter connecting to the internet and someone suggested I uninstall and reinstall the driver, how do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-network-adapter/e98fabae-08f3-462b-94b0-c977ed9b8d29
  7. wireless network adapter

wireless network adapter: my wireless network adapter keeps disconnecting i've taken all the recommended steps so far but have had no success fixing the problem. Other devices work fine on it, ethernet works fine on the device in question but wireless connection disconnects over and over and over...
  8. Wireless Network Adapter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wireless Network Adapter: Hi All, Yesterday morning I was working on my Dell XPS 13 9370 laptop and walked away for a few minutes. I came back to no wifi access. I went through tech support for 2.5 hours to determine that my laptop somehow lost my wireless network adapter. Dell wants me to send in...
  9. Wireless Network Adapter

Wireless Network Adapter: Acer Laptop, O/S: win 10 64 bit, the Qualcomm Atheros Wireless Network adapter is not working; tried to reinstall driver but failed (error 10). What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-network-adapter/e5121563-83e5-4bba-9296-23feb77f6b12
  10. No wireless network adapter

No wireless network adapter: I have a Microsoft Surface Go in S mode with no wireless internet driver. How do I resolve this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/no-wireless-network-adapter/347e8aea-f3aa-4922-98b5-805beae67dfe