Windows 10: Wireless network card can't find WiFi networks

Discus and support Wireless network card can't find WiFi networks in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi! I own a MS Surface Pro 3. It has a built in Marvell Wireless network card. Suddenly it stopped being able to find available networks. I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Naturleg, May 19, 2020.

1. Naturleg Win User

Wireless network card can't find WiFi networks

Hi!

I own a MS Surface Pro 3. It has a built in Marvell Wireless network card. Suddenly it stopped being able to find available networks. I tried connecting a Wireless USB-adapter, and it finds all the networks here. So how can I fix the built-in network card?

I have tried uninstalling the device and deleting the drivers. Restarted computer and installed it again. Then updated with newest drivers. I have made sure all Windows Updates are installed, and have updated all drivers and firmware found on the Surface Pro 3 pages. I also tried restoring my Surface to a restore point back when I know the card worked just fine.

When I check the device in Device Manager, it says it's working properly.

So, I hope you guys are able to help me with this annoying issue!

:)

Naturleg, May 19, 2020

2. WiFi Network Card as Failsafe

I have a D-Link DWA-542 RangeBooster N Desktop Adapter that I use for wireless networks (obviously) but at my relatives, he as a wireless network and a switch, I normally hook up to the switch and also connect my WiFi card to the wireless network. Is there any way I can make all network traffic go through the wireless network in the event my wired connection was severed, automatic switch would be nice but i can handle manual if its easy.

sonnytiger, May 19, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    wireless network

Vista or XP?

You need to go in and delete the network. Then it will pick it up again, and ask you to enter the key again.

On Vista, you do this by going into Networking and Sharing Center. The click on Customize, then click on Merge or delete network locations. Find the SSID of the router in the list, and delete it.

On XP, I believe you have to go to Network Connections, then right click on your Wireless Adaptor. Go to Status, and there should be a button to Manage Wireless Networks, that should take you to where you need to be to delete the network.

newtekie1, May 19, 2020
  4. Wireless network card can't find WiFi networks

Wireless Network

Thanks for trying the steps again. It's now clear that the problem is on your router. To reconnect your laptop to the network, we suggest that you set or specify the channel of your wireless network. If you can access your router's user interface, set the
    channel to either channel 1, 6, or 11. Once done, remove your WiFi network from your preferred network list, then reconnect.

Let us know the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 19, 2020
Thema:

Wireless network card can't find WiFi networks

1. Wireless network card can't find WiFi networks - Similar Threads - Wireless network card

2. Old Laptop can't find new Wifi network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old Laptop can't find new Wifi network: So in a nutshell I have an older laptop Toshiba satellite c875 running Windows 8.1. recently we got rid of Xfinity Wi-Fi because the price was outrageous. For as long as I can remember having Xfinity my laptop connected to the internet with no problem. We just purchased...
  3. Old Laptop can't find new Wifi network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old Laptop can't find new Wifi network: So in a nutshell I have an older laptop Toshiba satellite c875 running Windows 8.1. recently we got rid of Xfinity Wi-Fi because the price was outrageous. For as long as I can remember having Xfinity my laptop connected to the internet with no problem. We just purchased...
  4. can't install windows 10 because of wireless network card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can't install windows 10 because of wireless network card: Hi, I was planning to install Windows 10 on my computer, everything was fine until it checked my computer and said: I quote "we can't check the technical preview of Windows 10 because your wireless network card meets the upgrade requirements" so I was wondering what is...
  5. Can't find wifi network

Can't find wifi network: Hello. I'm experiencing a problem about the Wifi network. When I connect to a network, My wi-fi network doesn't show up on the list. And only other wi-fi network is detected. Then I restarted the wifi, it says "can't find wifi network" on the list. Only restarting the laptop...
  6. Question on Wireless Network Cards?

Question on Wireless Network Cards?: My Comcast Gateway (XB7) supports wireless AX, i bought a sorta cheap Wireless AC card when i picked up my new custom built Windows 10 Computer, ((Specs in signature, Desktop--I7 10700) Anyways i got another card on the way, which support Wireless AX. Would it be too much...
  7. no wifi networks and no nvidia graphic card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no wifi networks and no nvidia graphic card: Hi I recently upgraded to windows 10 pro from windows 7. and i am facing driver related issues since I have upgraded to windows 10. It is really a worst experience of upgrade. I am using: windows 10 pro 64 bit version: 1909 OS build: 18363.535 i got some...
  8. Updating my wifi network card.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Updating my wifi network card.: I can't update my wifi adapter (TL-WN8200ND) with the last driver because the installer says me that the actual drive is the best installed. How I can force the installation of the new one? Thanks in advance. 16360
  9. New Network Card, No WiFi

New Network Card, No WiFi: A two-hour call with Dell convinced them that my network card was failing, so the next day a tech installed a new card. No matter what I have done, no matter what a support agent did during a four-hour phone call, this new card will not find my local WiFi network, it will not...
  10. Can't see 5Ghz networks with my 802.11n wireless card.

Can't see 5Ghz networks with my 802.11n wireless card.: Hey there, I would like to enable the 5Ghz option on my router, however when I do this my PC is not detecting the network, however my phone and Xbox are, I read on the internet that 802.11n internet is able to use 5Ghz. I feel like I missed a setting but I can't find it,...